Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Prophecy V3 Stunt Consular Green  (Read 3136 times)
Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« on: June 12, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »

So I sold my dominix v3 to another guy in my group, because he was going to order the same hilt as his first anyways. I used the money to buy my newest toy...

I ordered a dark prophecy for a couple reasons. Firstly i WAS going to order it may 4th in SRD with obsidian and silver FOC. But the graflex got realeased that day and well.....IMPULSE BUY! lol not that im complaining, i love that saber.

Second reason, I have been discovering lately I treat my sabers as hand and a half weapons, using one handed grips as often as two handed, to change up speed, angle, power, extra stability on blocks and parries...etc.

The dark prophecy is a nice slim, shorter lightsaber, with enough detailing to make it a good showpiece (its sitting on my desk at work beside me now, on my lunchbreak as  i type this up.

So lets break it down.

1)Body- This thing is gorgeous, the lines are elegant, and the black andonizing is flawless. The brass screws adding so much to the look of the hilt. Im so torn as to if i should weather it or not as i did my dominix v3. Very solid, light, and well balanced.

2)Blade/Colour- With a midgrade 36" blade, the balance point is roughly 3/4 of an inch past the tip of the slanted emitter, very good. It spins well, and feels as it should, an extension of your arm. As with any midgrade blade its very bright, and i find the colour is quite even, likely owing to the fact that its not an rgb led.

Its a gorgeous brilliant green, very vibrant, nearly blinding in person at night. Absolutely fantastic.

This hilt eventually, I will be using for my first internal customization. Im going to attempt to wire in a force fx or ultimate fx board for sound. And i do have a consular pommel inbound that I should have in hand by the end of the day, to finish off the lines on it.

Im very happy with this saber 10/10

And after searching through the review forums, i think this might actually be the first consular green dark prophecy, odd combination i know.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:05:15 PM »

Yes, I believe it actually is the first CG Dark Prophecy review! Looks wonderful, I wouldn't be surprised if some people go out and order their own now that there are pics of the combination. Point for you.

no

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:08:16 AM »

Good combo Veld.  That Consular Green really is a bright one, eh?  Just one more reason I love it  Grin

Great saber, I'm quite jealous!

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 12:14:57 AM »

Thanks!

I didnt want to get another SRD blade so soon. And im going to hold off on SY i think untill they offer it as a regular premium colour rather than a forum colour.

So other than green, it was only AS, VA, or AB that i really wanted. I figured I should round out my regular jedi colours first, then get all the other fun ones.

I think a standard issue in AS is going to be a future purchase. And an archon...maybe.....

"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:42:14 PM »

Further pictures. In a group order that came in yesterday, I got the other pommel I wanted. Consular. I love it, and its actually making me want to order a consular really bad.

It just fits the saber so well, and works with the lines of it.

Last night I used this for two hours, swapping in one of my Ultraedge Heavy Grade blades, instead of the midgrade. Some of my dueling partners are fairly heavy hitters, controlled, but they really sell the strikes. So i wanted a more stiff blade for the night.

With the heavy grade it incredibly sturdy with the two retention screws. Very stable, no wobble at all. The new consular pommel provides a nice handstop for your bottom hand when using a two handed grip.

This is fast becoming my favourite saber to duel with. Love my guardian and graflex for the history behind the hilt designs, and for the looks. But this Dark Prophecy is just incredible to duel with.

For his early help in my sabering and pointers on my early videos, combined with his obsession for consular green. I decided to name this saber Attoru's Legacy, or simply Legacy, for short.

Luke & Corran (I,J)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »

I'm honored!  In fact I totally love the look of this saber, so I will certainly lend my Jedi surname to it Wink  It's a great hilt, one I will get my hands on eventually...

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 07:38:38 PM »

get a consular pommel, on a normal prophecy, sandblast the pommel so it matches the hilt and get it in arctic blue

i bet that would look amazing

Luke & Corran (I,J)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: