Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: A note on shipping to CANADIAN customers  (Read 61457 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 03:20:53 AM »

Well my Obsidian board came via FedEx today and I didn’t pay any fees. I hadn't paid any through UPS either but at least that didn't change for me. It is definitely going to take some getting used to though...FedEx has very different delivery times from UPS. I knew that with UPS I would have my package in 7-8 business days no matter what. With FedEx, it told me yesterday that it was out for delivery but it didn't arrive until late this afternoon. I am by no means complaining or blaming US for this; simply stating my experience and observations. I understand that too many people complained about UPS but I actually preferred it. Oh well, that's being in the minority lol

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Nefretta
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Sith Sorcerer

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 07:21:19 AM »

The saber I won in the Autumn Raffle came by FedEx.
Everything went well!

It was Shipped out on October 4th and they Delivered it to me on October 9th.
I live about 2 hours outside of Vancouver, BC.

Shipping was very fast as there was a long weekend in there.

Shipped out on a Thursday, arrived in Vancouver on the Saturday where it waited there till Tuesday, and then it was in my hands the same day.

No additional charges.

I was very impressed with the speed!
I don't think I have ever received a package so quick from the states.

BR Dark Arbiter w/ Sound and FoC (Orange) - Review Coming Soon!
Autumn Raffle Prize - VA Bellicose w/ Sound - Review Coming Soon!

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »

I know I've made it clear that I liked UPS but up to now I've been neutral on FedEx...I really hate FedEx now. I just got a bill from them!

I spent 21$ from US, paid the shipping which was around 25$ and just got a "flat rate" invoice from FedEx for an extra $15. I know this isn't the fault of US, but I'm really not happy with FedEx. I'm wondering now if my subsequent orders are all going to have a "flat rate" invoice of 15$ now. If they do, I am never using FedEx again. What a pain! Again, this in no way reflects on US...I just wish I could still use UPS.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »

I called them on this. Some of that is a GST charge. The other $10 is a charge if the reciever does not have a FedEx account. If you get a FedEx account which is free on their site they only charge you the GST. I did this and they took off the $10 when I called.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »

good to know thanks for the heads up

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 06:56:33 PM »

I think we may have to give US our FedEx account numbers when ordering now so we can avoid the charges all together.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 07:03:21 PM »

If you choose the USPS/Canada Post option, these issues tend to disappear. My Bellicose just arrived and I'm waiting for my work shift to end... All that was required was a signature at the door. 6 business days to avoid these aforementioned hassles made it worth it for me.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

windrunner
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 12:58:05 AM »

The only thing with using the USPS option is that, while yes you avoid the $10 Fed Ex charge, you pay about that in the general shipping cost to begin with.

I just received my Overlord today and have to say I was absolutely floored by the whole process... Placed the order on Thursday, it shipped on Friday and I picked it up today.  I really didn't expect it to move that fast, especially as we get closer to the holidays! A+ on service overall Smiley

I received the invoice for GST + fee as well yesterday for a previous order - good to know about being a FedEx customer to get it waived, I will give them a call in the morning. Smiley  I imagine I'll have another one coming now due to this most recent one so best to nip that in the bud, eh?

jedicri
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 74

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 06:20:46 AM »

I went with USPS only because I thought I had to sign for it once it arrived and if i was not at home, I'd have to go to the post office to pick it up.  Turns out that this was not the case.  According to a USPS rep I spoke to over the phone, it takes 6-10 business days (USPS Priority Mail International) for packages to be delivered to your front door. Because their tracking updates were, and are, very poor and slow,  I called USPS to see if they could provide with me with a more accurate tracking info on my package.  They couldn't and the rep simply gave the same info I already knew from their tracking site.  I ended up tracking my order through Canada Post which gave more precise details of where my package was at any given moment and as to its current status.

Overall, I'm satisfied with USPS save the long wait time, relatively speaking of course (it seems very long when you're waiting for your saber to arrive, lol) and its slow updating of tracking in its sites.

On a side note, I went and ordered another Guardian  Grin (for my brother's Christmas present) and I went with FedEx this time around.  Upon shipping, I expect the saber to be delivered much quickly this time around.

kela352
Force Sensitive

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 12:34:33 AM »

When using Fed Ex there may be no brokerage fees, but there are P.S.T & G.S.T fees + a Fed Ex administration fee (about $10) to collect the federal and provincial taxes.  This will be in effect as long as the declared value of the package is over $20.  If declared as a gift there is no P.S.T and G.S.T. collected for a value of $60 or less.
Although the USPS doesn't collect the Canadian taxes, Canada Post will, when it takes over from USPS at the border, and they too charge an administration fee to collect the taxes dependent upon the value of package.  It can range anywhere from $8 - $12.  Otherwise the cut-off limits I've described for Fed Ex are the same for Canada Post because it's set by the feds in Ottawa.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 01:16:52 AM »

When using Fed Ex there may be no brokerage fees, but there are P.S.T & G.S.T fees + a Fed Ex administration fee (about $10) to collect the federal and provincial taxes.  This will be in effect as long as the declared value of the package is over $20.  If declared as a gift there is no P.S.T and G.S.T. collected for a value of $60 or less.
Although the USPS doesn't collect the Canadian taxes, Canada Post will, when it takes over from USPS at the border, and they too charge an administration fee to collect the taxes dependent upon the value of package.  It can range anywhere from $8 - $12.  Otherwise the cut-off limits I've described for Fed Ex are the same for Canada Post because it's set by the feds in Ottawa.

That's Fex Ex for you. I've chosen the USPS option and both times, I've either just signed for the package at the door, or this evening, just picked it up at the post office when I wasn't available to receive it at the door. Like Deep said above, consider the USPS option to make this a bit simpler.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »

I just received my 5th FedEX bill.  Each one is for $17 and change.  Should have read this thread through sooner.   Sad  On my way to their site to create an account...

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Darren_Corr
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm from Croatia and only available option was FedEx Economy. I'm still waiting for my item, but I will post here what they charged me.

The problem I had with FedEx here is that they are, err... thieves. At least their croatian department. You almost ALWAYS have to pay customs tax (12%), then of course VAT (25%), then they charge you with some stowage fee (15-20%), and that is extra on the shipping you see when choosing the option. So it seems that, regardless of Ultra's nice price, my 295$ Guardian (sound, FOC, blade plug, clip...) will cost me about 520$ alltogether. 

On the positive side, items are delivered in perfect condition and on time. But you pay for it.

Maybe they changed something in the last year, but there are literally 60 pages of complaints on croatian forum topic FedEx. Anyway, I'll keep you posted, can't wait for my lightsaber to arrive. Smiley

Darren_Corr
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 01:22:24 PM »

I accidentally double posted same post.

Yeah, my saber is due to arrive on February, 4th.

jedicri
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 74

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 07:59:44 PM »

That's Fex Ex for you. I've chosen the USPS option and both times, I've either just signed for the package at the door, or this evening, just picked it up at the post office when I wasn't available to receive it at the door. Like Deep said above, consider the USPS option to make this a bit simpler.

For my first saber, I went with USPS hoping that I'd have to sign for it upon delivery --- didn't happen.  The postman left it on the side of my porch and I was home at the time too.     I refreshed the Canada Post tracking page and it indicated that it had been delivered.  I was puzzled by this so I went and checked and there it was on the side of my porch.  I was kinda pissed actually.  Anyone could've just stolen my package without me knowing.  So because of this, I opted for FedEx which requires a signature for and upon delivery.

I just received my 5th FedEX bill.  Each one is for $17 and change.  Should have read this thread through sooner.   Sad  On my way to their site to create an account...

... I've since then opened a free account with FedEx too....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:09:59 PM by jedicri » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: