Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to: Aeon to Kit Fisto/Ki Adi Mundi hilt  (Read 3745 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« on: February 25, 2011, 07:41:13 AM »

So, the unifying Force recently spoke to me, and said that I should change all of my lightsabers into character based sabers. I guess it started after I did the Ahsoka model. Most of mine are already either stock character sabers or modified to resemble a character, but I wanted to finish the job and end up with a very impressive arsenal of character lightsabers and the very best models US has to offer (I actually made a budget Bane hilt as though it were any other character saber lol!) This however is the story of my Kit Fisto model, which I based off of this prop:

Now, you look at that as a builder and two things come to mind. First off, the pointed pommel cap? How the heck am I supposed to do that? And, shortly thereafter, how am I supposed to do the junk on the front there!? So those are the two questions I'll be answering here with my shopping list:

An Ultrasabers Aeon. I recommend getting it in green for Kit, Blue for Ki, or, and this is what I'm going to go with, Sun Rider's Destiny. I think that color will look best with the slightly organic, funky appearance of this lightsaber.

Plumbing extension piece, 1.5 inch across. This is a usually white, flexible plastic piece that is heavily ribbed and then has a straight pipe coming out of it. It's used to extend drain pipes usually, but for our purposes, once you buy it, pull it to extend the ribbed section and you'll find it looks like a slightly larger version of the ridges around the emitter here!

12 large O rings, maybe 1 inch, but whatever you can get that will fit over your saber.

1 Small or medium O ring.

2 little topper bolts/nuts that you can get in either brass or silver (Sillver for this) at your hardware store, these are sort of ornamental finishing pieces used to secure bolts (or is it nuts? I dunno, these are the top pieces that go on the screw part, whatever you call that stuff lol!)

2 medium topper bolts/nuts things

Silver paint

Black paint or electrical tape

1 round, pyrimidal object. Maybe you can find something around the house, I put mine together from a large plastic ring, a little red plastic diamond shaped jewel, and some hot glue. I also looked at some toilet stopper rubber pieces, they're round and pyrimidal too and might work when modified and added to.

Ok, so yeah. First thing to do. Extend the flaps (to battle position!) on the drain extension. Count 5 rib sections (this should be about 3 inches) and cut so you have a piece with five extended ribs. then cut off about a two inch piece of the pipe part. Warning: This mod will make it a bitch to access your blade retention screw unless you want to drill a hole in the extension piece or pull it off every time you want to remove the blade. For that reason I reccomend you make sure everything internal and blade wise in your saber is configured first, and then screw the retention piece in so it's as close to flush as you can get it without hurting the blade. Speaking of, that ribbed section is going to be pretty tight going over the front of your lightsaber

Next, make up your rounded pyrimidal tip and attach it to the stock pommel cap on your ultrasaber by means of super glue or whatever you prefer. Near the end of the pyrimidal piece, make a thick ring around it with hot glue so that the point of the tip shows out from the ring a little bit. This ring will later have to hold in place your small O ring.

Ok, take the assembled pommel cap, the ribbed section and the 2 inch piece of pipe. Sand any rough edges from cutting, clean them, and paint them silver.

While those are drying, make sure your ultrasaber is clean and dry and ready to be glued up. Ok, great. Now let's add the O rings. 2 go down the front. 1 is going to snug up against the button housing and the other is going to be in the first groove before the button housing. Then you'll need 9 of them to go down between the button and the pommel. 1 in a groove, 1 inbetween. Start with one between the first groove and the button housing and work your way down til all 9 are positioned. Assuming you had some good paint, it should be dry before long, so grab up your parts. Get some hot glue and add a few beads around the bottom 3 inches of the lightsaber. Your 2 inch pipe piece is going to snug up against the last of the 9 O rings there, so you know where to glue. Now slide the piece over the hot glue beads, it may be just a little loose so the glue will both hold it in place and fill the space between it and the hilt. Now put the 12th and final large O ring at the end of the 2 inch piece of pipe.

Don't attach the pommel yet. First let's get the ribbed section on. The reason is that it may be useful to brace the pommel of the saber against the floor while forcing and wiggling the ribbed section on. Do that. The ridged area, once you force it all the way on (it'll be a tight fit) should be down to the first of your O rings before the button. Finally, attach your pommel and add the washer on the end of that and you have a very good likeness of the Ki and Kit sabers! You can add on the 2 bolt pieces on your 2 inch plastic pipe and at the button housing (here they're backed by a black strip, the electrical tape), and it looks like it also has a yellow and a green little jewel on the button housing too, but thats all optional decoration that might likely come off in dueling. As it stands, this is an attractive and very interesting looking saber that is still great for saber fights thanks to the better grip from the O rings. Pictures will be up soon, I promise.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Thunder-blade
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »

Huh, looks interesting, can't wait for some actual pics!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 10:21:37 AM »

Sounds interesting.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1]   Go Up