Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The New Arrival(s) (pic heavy)  (Read 3889 times)
Canadianknight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

« on: June 21, 2012, 04:02:43 AM »

Hey all!

So... my grab-bag arrived today... about a week or so after I received my first US saber, my Guardian.

Got a red Liberator!  (They seem to be very popular right now!  eheheh)  Was curious what color I'd get.. and it was a beautiful GB.  Cool!

Here's some shots...

...and ignited...

And the pair...

...and ignited...

Now owning a couple of US sabers, I see what everyone means when trying to capture the colors on camera.  It's TOUGH.  Especially with my DSLR.  The Guardian is DVA, not that you can tell.  LOL!

I also learned the difference between regular mid-grade blades (on the Lib) and UE ones (on the Guardian).   I definitely prefer the UE blades.

Now I have to figure out how to display them when they aren't in use... I already have a wall in my office that has most of my MR sabers... but they just stay put... cuz they're too fragile to smack around.  Wink

(Here's the wall... hope it's okay to post this...)

the Darth Maul needs the left-side batteries replaced.  But it's autographed by Ray Park, so I don't touch it too much.)

Anyway... loving my US sabers.  Hell, I'm already planning the third one.   What have I *DONE* ?   Wink
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:07:52 AM by Canadianknight » Logged

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 04:14:24 AM »

If I'm ever in cow town, which is pretty likely, don't have me over to your house mate. That darth mail may go missing...

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Canadianknight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 04:18:58 AM »

If I'm ever in cow town, which is pretty likely, don't have me over to your house mate. That darth mail may go missing...

You'd have to scrub the part where he wrote my name.  Wink

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 04:25:59 AM »

-.- curses foiled again

Oh well I'll just have to get lando to sign a bottle of gin at comic con in november lol

Seriously though nice collection, and I'm really glad you are enjoying ultrasabers.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 04:53:33 AM »

Wow thats an excellent collection. Up until now I haven't really wanted the more expensive sabers. I prefer the look of the Standard Issue and Aeon/Dominix sabers. But seeing that guardian has really changed my mind. Dang it lol.

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Canadianknight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:02:33 AM »

Wow thats an excellent collection. Up until now I haven't really wanted the more expensive sabers. I prefer the look of the Standard Issue and Aeon/Dominix sabers. But seeing that guardian has really changed my mind. Dang it lol.

Thanks!  Smiley  Of course, now I'm hooked on US sabers... and that (fully-loaded) Guardian set me back more than most of my MRs did... but it's worth EVERY penny. 

I'm not helping you, am I.  Wink

I'm the opposite.  I prefer the more complicated-looking hilts.  However, I'm starting to see the advantages of the simpler ones... from a customization point of view.   Heck, I just spent an hour going through the thread showing pommel/emitter combinations... it's giving me WAY too many ideas.   Smiley

JediShadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 05:11:09 AM »

I'm not helping you, am I.  Wink

No. No you aren't lol.

But seriously I have been looking at sabers today. I'm waiting on saber number 2 to get here. It is somewhere between me and California  Cheesy And I have the next one planned out so that I can order it and use my rewards points to get the one after that for about half price. THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS!!!  Grin

SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 05:33:08 AM »

Again these red hilts are growing on me.

You have a very beautiful collection.

Point.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »

First of all, awesome wall man! I'm jealous!

Second, I am starting to become very attracted to the Guardian. Yours looks amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 12:53:41 PM »

Those sabers look great.  On the photography, you usually capture the color against a white wall better as directly into the blade does not work very often.  I can tell the color of your Guardian by looking at the wall behind it.  For Red, I have found that photographing on a glass top table brings the true color every time.  BTW, who is in the picture at the bottom of your sabers?

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Gerald Angelo
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

Light Side Points Please :)

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »

Beautiful Collection! Thank you so much for taking the time to take and post the pictures, and tell about them.
+1 Point lol.

Man, I am just in love with the Guardian right now, you did a great job showing her off.... I was thinking about getting her as my first.... But I guess maybe for the second Saber.
We'll see.
Anyway, thanks. Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=12220.0

Standard Issue v3 Guardian Blue With Sound
Aeon v3 Arctic Blue With Sound
Initiate v3 Consular Green With Sound
Grab Bag Dominix v2 Guardian Blue
Grab Bag Prop

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »

Nice. And awesome that your Darth Maul is signed by Ray Park. Set your composure settings to a low level, where it looks dark on the camera screen. You can capture colors better. I'd say do 0.7. If thats how your camera works anyway.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarthSolus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -74

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »

Set your composure settings to a low level, where it looks dark on the camera screen.

Lol. Exposure?

Dark side points, please and thank you!

JediShadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 11:29:40 PM »

Lol. Exposure?

Lol Grin

SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Canadianknight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 12:17:49 AM »

Thanks for the kind words all!  Certainly for the points!  Much appreciated!  Smiley   

Also for the photo tips... I'll have to play with my camera settings to see what I can do with blades.  Can't wait to try a long exposure at night...  Cheesy

BTW, who is in the picture at the bottom of your sabers?

That would be Peter Mayhew.  Smiley   Had to good fortune to meet him and his wife about 5 years ago, and spend a little time with them.  Very cool people.  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: