Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Collection So Far...  (Read 4045 times)
Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« on: June 23, 2012, 01:19:58 AM »

Over the past month, I have purchased 3 sabers.  Well, two actually.  My Son bought the Initiate using his own money, just with my account.  But, Raven, and the Archon are mine, and they are awesome!  I would post the individual pictures, but that is a much more involved process than taking the lazy way, and just adding a link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100269279489461982966/LightSabers

If you notice, I added a vented coupler to the Archon (which replaces the standard neck piece), which I think adds a great touch.  I also purchased a Dark War Glaive emitter, which makes it into a another saber altogether, as you can see from the individual photo of it.

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Gerald Angelo
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

Light Side Points Please :)

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 01:27:51 AM »

This is a very nice start to a good collection! I love the coupler for the Archon! Very nice touch!
Thanks for sharing Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=12220.0

Standard Issue v3 Guardian Blue With Sound
Aeon v3 Arctic Blue With Sound
Initiate v3 Consular Green With Sound
Grab Bag Dominix v2 Guardian Blue
Grab Bag Prop

Abraxus
Knight Major

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 01:57:27 AM »

Thanks!  I just got the Archon today, and I can't take my eyes off of it.  The thing I love most about them is, the fact that they are as fun to use, as they are to play with!

My Collection
------------
Raven (Violet Amethyst)

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 03:07:44 AM »

I love the creativity of your saber holders for the wall.  Major props for that.  I never thought of the Archon being set up the way that you have it but it looks awesome.  Now I know what would have happened if Luke had chosen to rule the galaxy as father and son!  Nice job and excellent choices. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 05:42:56 AM »

Holy gravy!!! I love the Archon with the vented coupler! It looks so good with the blade on! Shocked

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Abraxus
Knight Major

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 01:48:08 PM »

Thanks!  I just got the Archon today, and I can't take my eyes off of it.  The thing I love most about them is, the fact that they are as fun to use, as they are to play with!

Jeeze!  I obviously posted this before proof reading it!  I meant to say "As much fun to play with, as they are to look at".  But, you know what I meant.  Wink

My Collection
------------
Raven (Violet Amethyst)

Abraxus
Knight Major

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 02:17:43 PM »

I love the creativity of your saber holders for the wall.  Major props for that.  I never thought of the Archon being set up the way that you have it but it looks awesome.  Now I know what would have happened if Luke had chosen to rule the galaxy as father and son!  Nice job and excellent choices. 

The mounting hardware is kind of an amusing story in, and of itself. 

I went to one of the big chain hardware store, found one of the "red vest" helpers, and attempted to describe what I was trying to do, without actually mentioning the words "light saber".  Not that I am embarrassed by my love of all things Star Wars.  But, I figured it would just be a distraction that would make it harder to clearly communicate.  After a time, I realized that we were just not making any headway.  He kept showing me things that I knew would not work.  So, I left to rethink how I wanted to get this done. 

The next time out, I went to a smaller store, and this time I actually took one of the sabers with me.  At this point, I figured despite the looks I would no doubt get, it would at least show them exactly what I was trying to do, as opposed to just describing it.  The first person to assist me was a young woman, who with the advantage of actually seeing what I was trying to mount, still could not come up with anything.  Through the whole thing, she had kind of a "look" on her face indicating her attitude towards this endeavor, and seemingly, a silent indictment of the whole Star Wars thing.  As she was unable to come up with a solution, she handed me off to another customer assist person, this time a young man, who immediately upon seeing the saber, got a look on his face that I could tell was an indication of his enthusiastic interest in it.  I could tell he wanted desperately to hold it, and play with it, but I pressed him to help me figure out how to mount these things first.  Once he pointed me in the right direction, and I found something to fit what I had in mind, I handed the saber to him.

He quickly pressed the ignite button, and was rewarded with the satisfying "power-on" sound from the default Obsidian sound set, along with the bright blue color of the blade (obviously, it was the Initiate).  He swung it around, taking in the feel of it, and the accompanying "swing", and "hum" sounds.  He really wanted to play for a bit longer, but his boss came into view, so he shut it down, and handed it back to me.  Before I left to pay for the hardware I found, he leaned over and said (out of earshot of his boss), "Thanks for bringing that in!  That is coolest thing I have seen in a long time!".  I thanked him for his help, and gave him the URL of Ultrasabers, so he could look at all the models they had to offer, and perhaps get one of his own.

The moral of the story is, if you are lucky enough find someone who shares an interest in what you are trying to accomplish, it always goes better.  Grin

My Collection
------------
Raven (Violet Amethyst)

KoolKenobi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 05:47:55 AM »

He quickly pressed the ignite button, and was rewarded with the satisfying "power-on" sound from the default Obsidian sound set, along with the bright blue color of the blade (obviously, it was the Initiate).  He swung it around, taking in the feel of it, and the accompanying "swing", and "hum" sounds.  He really wanted to play for a bit longer, but his boss came into view, so he shut it down, and handed it back to me.  Before I left to pay for the hardware I found, he leaned over and said (out of earshot of his boss), "Thanks for bringing that in!  That is coolest thing I have seen in a long time!".  I thanked him for his help, and gave him the URL of Ultrasabers, so he could look at all the models they had to offer, and perhaps get one of his own.

I love the reactions that ultrasabers provoke from random people. I was dueling with my cousin earlier tonight when these two random guys drove by in a van. They started yelling and honking the horn and just freaking out. They thought it was the coolest thing ever!

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »

Wow! Truly amazing start to a collection that I have seen! I am going to tell you that the Archon with the vented coupler was something that I so badly wanted to do, but I wasn't sure that it would would. Thank you VERY much for posting this picture. You have made my decision for my next saber that much harder! Wink

Adding on to that, the setup on the wall is very beautiful. I've seen some other designs as well, but the way you have yours diagonally is unique and good looking.

I'd give you points, but I don't know which way you lean.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Abraxus
Knight Major

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »

Thanks for those kind words!

I would tell you that, while the coupler does add a breathtaking touch to an already awesome saber, it makes a two-handed grip a little less comfortable.  Not impossible, just makes for a little less room for two hands, due to the fact that it is slightly larger in size than the rest of the hilt, and the edges, while not sharp, are sill a little uncomfortable to grasp for long periods of time.  So, I tend to grip beneath the coupler, thus the squeeze when gripping two-handed.  Not that I regret that modification in least.  But, I wanted you to know the downside before going that route. 

That small issue aside, I LOVE this saber.  Plus, with the regular neck installed when dueling, the issue goes away, and likewise when I have the Dark War Glaive emitter on it.  So, it is an issue that you can work around easily.

My Collection
------------
Raven (Violet Amethyst)

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »

I love the mounting, i used to have my swords and sais on the wall mounted similarily years  ago in my apartment.

I really should take a picture of my collection all together one of these days.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Abraxus
Knight Major

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 12:09:11 AM »

Now, I just have to learn how to use these things properly.  My son and I have spent some time in the backyard doing our best imitation of someone who knows what they are doing, and we have come up with a couple of moves that are kinda cool.  But, he wants to make a video of us dueling, and I told him that would only happen when we can do things that are worthy of being filmed.  So, I guess I need to start spending some time in the "Way of the Saber" threads.

My Collection
------------
Raven (Violet Amethyst)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: