Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Display Ideas and Tutorials - Combined thread  (Read 154027 times)
StreicherQc
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2015, 11:52:24 PM »

That's a pretty sweet collection Tongue

maxjive
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2015, 12:31:01 AM »

KraytDragonPearl

Nice!  Very Simple, but functional and affordable.  I've been think of a solution like this and I think I've got the motivation now!

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 47

Play that same song!

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2015, 10:19:12 PM »

I love the idea of using the maglite clips, that's a great tip, thanks! I'm just putting together a simple wall mount using this idea and I'll post a photo when it's done.

Dlittle2000
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »

Just got my first of many to come. Archon V 2.1 at Planet con Kansas City. It's one of most most prized collectables. Wall mounting all of my Light Sabers in my home theater.

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Play that same song!

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2015, 07:03:22 AM »

Hey guys, I've just finished my wall mount! It's pretty simple, just a piece of wood stained black and with MagLite clips screwed into it. I used a mixture of D-cell and C-cell sized clips to fit the different saber sizes. I'm pretty happy with the results. What do you think?

UPDATE:  PB pics removed.  Smiley

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:18:42 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2015, 08:57:08 PM »

That, sir, is beautiful, and I hope it inspires a lot of people. Point for ya.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2015, 01:49:37 AM »

Hey guys, I've just finished my wall mount! It's pretty simple, just a piece of wood stained black and with MagLite clips screwed into it. I used a mixture of D-cell and C-cell sized clips to fit the different saber sizes. I'm pretty happy with the results. What do you think?
[

Look really good tomfoyle..... points  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:19:17 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Staheli
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2015, 03:03:44 AM »

Amazing ideas and work with all the wall mounts.  I am new to the saber world.  I came here to get 2 sabers to mount on my son's nursery room wall over his crib.  I have 2 months before he is born so I am trying to get this sorted out.  So I purchased a Dark Initiate LE v3 w/ UE violet blade and a Initiate v3 w/ UE Sunrider's Destiny blade.  They are shipping now.

Those of you who have used the Maglite wall clips, I read somewhere in this post that the D clips fit these hilts, is that right?  Where on the hilt should the be placed? Also, should I use 2 per hilt?  and lastly, how do you secure the blade to the wall? 

Sorry for the rapid-fire questions, I have been researching all day and finally found thread where my questions fit the topic.  Thanks in advance.

-Staheli

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Play that same song!

« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2015, 09:46:43 AM »

Those of you who have used the Maglite wall clips, I read somewhere in this post that the D clips fit these hilts, is that right?  Where on the hilt should the be placed? Also, should I use 2 per hilt?  and lastly, how do you secure the blade to the wall?  

Hi Staheli,

I found that D cell clips fit most of the larger UltraSabers hilts while C cell clips fit the smaller hilts. For the Initiate V3 you will definitely need C cell clips. They fit perfectly in the choke point so that's where I would recommend hanging the saber. 1 clip will be easily enough to hold the saber securely in place. I just chose to use 2 for most of mine for increased stability, but this is not at all necessary. The plastic blades themselves don't need to be attached to the wall, they just float loose above the hilt, although if you plan to hang the sabers horizontally then it would be a good idea to support the blades too. You can use C cell clips for this. The clips come with screws and you can either screw them directly into the wall using wall plugs, or screw them to a piece of wood and then screw the wood to the wall with wall plugs, as I did. The clips hold the sabers quite tightly, so I found that after a while of me constantly pulling the sabers on and off of the mount, the wall plugs started to come loose and I had to re attach them to the wall, so be careful about that. Now I always make sure to push hard on the wooden board with one hand while pulling the saber off with the other hand so that I don't put any strain on the wall plugs.

From left to right, here are the clip sizes I used on my mount:

Dark Initiate V3 - C cell x2
Hasbro Force FX Vader - D cell x1
Dark Prophecy V3 - C cell x2
Crimson Scorpion - D cell x1
Liberator V3 - C cell x2
Dark War Glaive - D cell x2 (but 1x C cell in the choke point and 1x D cell further down would have been better I think)
Dark Initiate V3 - C cell x2

Good luck with your mount Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:49:58 AM by tomfoyle » Logged

Staheli
Force Sensitive

« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2015, 11:31:38 PM »

Tomfoyle,

Thanks for the info!  I went ahead and purchased 4 c sized mounts and 2 blank wooden plaques to mount them on.  Can't wait to get everything.  I'll share pictures when it's all complete.

Thanks again!

Staheli
Force Sensitive

« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2015, 04:23:36 AM »

Finished my project.  Thanks for the help!

UPDATE:  dropbox pics not shown.  Removed.  Smiley

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:20:49 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Play that same song!

« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2015, 01:28:27 PM »

Finished my project.  Thanks for the help!

They look fantastic, nice work! A mount really adds the perfect finishing touch to these awesome sabers. Almost everyone who visits my house comments on mine now that I've got them up on the wall Smiley

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2015, 11:06:41 PM »

I was thinking of creating a wooden saber rack to mount on the wall.  The sabers would hang blade down with the hilt topside engaged in a smaller diameter opening.  The front edge of the "display rack" would have a "gap" big enough to slip the blade through, and then the hilt would rest on the top surface of the rack so they won't fall through.  I would line the oval openings with felt to protect the blades when inserting.  Can you visualize my concept?

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Play that same song!

« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »

I was thinking of creating a wooden saber rack to mount on the wall.  The sabers would hang blade down with the hilt topside engaged in a smaller diameter opening.  The front edge of the "display rack" would have a "gap" big enough to slip the blade through, and then the hilt would rest on the top surface of the rack so they won't fall through.  I would line the oval openings with felt to protect the blades when inserting.  Can you visualize my concept?

Sounds good. Something similar to KraytDragonPearl's mount from higher up in this thread, but with gaps in the front? Is that the sort of thing you had in mind?

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2015, 06:12:37 PM »

Sounds good. Something similar to KraytDragonPearl's mount from higher up in this thread, but with gaps in the front? Is that the sort of thing you had in mind?

Exactly.  I was not able to see Kray's pictures earlier but, today they are visible.  Simple yet, very functional at little expense.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port