Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I want a throwback saber! Pls HELP!!!  (Read 1536 times)
KungFuJedi25
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

Who's scruffy lookin'?

« on: June 26, 2012, 03:44:58 PM »

Hi all.  I'm brand new to the saber forum.  Just purchased my first saber: a Dark Prophecy V3 w/ blazing red blade and illuminated AV switch.  The wait for it to get here is absolutely excruciating; I haven't been this excited to get something since I was 10 years old.  I want to customize my saber by making it look like the old Dark Prophecy LE because I LOVED that color scheme.  Can anyone suggest what type of paint/gloss/polish/etc. I should use to get that silvery finish?  Also, where can I purchase that type of stuff in small quantities (i.e. just enough to paint the saber - $ is tight)?  It would be much help to a first-time DIY-er.  Thanks!!!

Dark Prophecy V3 - Blazing Red blade

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »

Actually, I've heard some people have done just what you're planning using only sandpaper. Wink I don't remember what grit, but I'm sure someone else here will know. You just sand the areas you want silver until the anodized black finish is gone, maybe polish it up a little with the polish of your choice, and you have an instant LE. Grin Hope that helps some!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:39:37 PM »

As maroon said changing a dark prophecy to an le shouldn't be to hard. Toughest part would be sanding the grips.

If you want to remove paint from a saber and give it a really good shine use these grades of sandpaper in this order 50 coarse, 120 medium, 180 fine, 400 wetdry, 600 wetdry and 1000-2000 grit paper. All of these grades can be purchased from walmart. Also get some aluminum polish and blue painters tape from walmart to give the saber a really good shine, but be sure not to get any polish on the painted parts of the saber since it can remove the paint job over time.

Heres an example of what i accomplished using those grades of sandpaper http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=5906.0
Also be sure to sand in the same direction throughout the whole saber to keep it even and clean.

If your really stapped for cash you could probably get the same results using only the 50 coarse, the 400 wetdry and the 1000grit.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:49:36 PM by Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Darth_Danton
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -11

I have seen the future and I will rule it!

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:08:48 PM »

What saber is that in your picture Big Boss?

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 10:04:27 PM »

What saber is that in your picture Big Boss?

A Dark prophecy LE v2, they are currently unavailable whether they will be brought back as a v3 i do not know.

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

KungFuJedi25
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

Who's scruffy lookin'?

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 01:30:35 AM »

Thank you all for the suggestions. Can't wait to get to work on my Prophecy  Smiley

Dark Prophecy V3 - Blazing Red blade

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: