Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon – Violet Amethyst  (Read 3065 times)
KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« on: February 26, 2011, 11:39:23 PM »

I ordered the Aeon just to have as an extra saber.  I ordered it in Violet Amethyst and I really like the color.  My RGB prophecy will mix into a pink type color, but nowhere near as purple as this saber.

The hilt is around 12” long and is exceptionally comfortable.  The rings around the hilt give great grip and a good feel.  Two hands feel great on this saber, but it is also light enough for one handed use.

Spinning this saber is a dream.  This saber (and it’s evil twin the dominix) are easily the best handling sabers in my house.  The grip up near the emitter is the perfect place to hold this saber for all your spins.  I have the heavy grade ultra edge on this saber and the weight is perfect.

This saber runs on four AAA batteries.  The brightness actually surprised me.  These Ultra Sabers are VERY bright.

I really have nothing bad to say about this saber.  Great feel, great handling and great durability. 

War Glaive - RGB - Sith Sound board.
Special Edition Prophecy - RGB
Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue
Dominix V2 LE - Sunriders Destiny
Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiate V2 LE - Blazing Orange
Force FX - Darth Vader

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 02:51:59 PM »

You have a very fine collection going there.  Since you have both types of blades, Ultra Edge and Ultra Metal, what would you say are their comparative qualities?

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »

You have a very fine collection going there.  Since you have both types of blades, Ultra Edge and Ultra Metal, what would you say are their comparative qualities?

Thanks Ultra. I'm pretty happy with my saber collection. It'll get even better when my War Glaive arrives. Wink

The blades are interesting. I've read a lot of back and forth on this site about which type of blade people prefer and I have to say that for me, I actually have no preference. The blade on my little ones Initiate is the only one I have that's not ultra edge and you can see the difference. The light looks "sharper". That's the best way to explain it. Because it doesnt fill the tube like the Ultra edges do it actually makes it look like it's gonna cut through something if you aren't careful. I actually quite like the look.

My ultra edge blades are an completely different look. They really fill up the tube nicely, however the colors tend to look more pastel-like, as some people have pointed out. This doesn't bother me at all, especially on the sunriders destiny and arctic blue colors. These just look great.

War Glaive - RGB - Sith Sound board.
Special Edition Prophecy - RGB
Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue
Dominix V2 LE - Sunriders Destiny
Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiate V2 LE - Blazing Orange
Force FX - Darth Vader

Darth Famine
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:36:31 AM »

So would you consider this a steal value  wise? Ive been thinking about getting one but Ive been torn between this and the dark standard issue.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken
The code of the Sith.
((______(o___(:|:| LIBERATOR GUARDIAN BLUE

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 03:00:03 AM »

So would you consider this a steal value  wise? Ive been thinking about getting one but Ive been torn between this and the dark standard issue.

Yeah id say its a steal.  I have the dominix and my friend has the aeon and they are both very robust, well balanced blades at an affordable price.  The dark standard issue is nice too, I have one of those as well and I quite like it.  Actually I would look at the Prophecy and Redemption too, they are both discounted heavily for the sale.

Darth Famine
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 03:21:10 AM »

I saw that but I'm very limited on my budget at the moment so I'm trying to keep it cheap. And they both are cheap but I personally like the simpler looks of the SI and the aeon.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken
The code of the Sith.
((______(o___(:|:| LIBERATOR GUARDIAN BLUE

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:01:51 AM »

Spinning this saber is a dream.  This saber (and it’s evil twin the dominix) are easily the best handling sabers in my house.  The grip up near the emitter is the perfect place to hold this saber for all your spins.  I have the heavy grade ultra edge on this saber and the weight is perfect.

Hmmm, you said you are using the UEHG blade on your Aeon (probably standard 36") and you said its balanced ? I got mine in a Phantasm setup, with 32" UEGH blades, and the balance point is like 4-5 inchec from the emitter (on the blade), so i was just wondering:

If you are using 36" UEGH, where is the balance point (where you can balance both ends so they are the same) ?

Mine balance point is here:

I was just wondering how to balance my sabers. Ill try using the normal mid-grade blades once i get my hand on them, and see how that works out. I know balance is important for spins so i need to work something out Smiley

Tnx for the reply

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 09:03:19 AM »

PS: i noticed your saber uses 4 AAAs, while i use 2 for my red. Got my anwser Smiley

/facepalm

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: