Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Collectors Edition Prophecy – RGB  (Read 3888 times)
KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« on: February 26, 2011, 11:56:37 PM »

I ordered the Collectors Edition Prophecy for myself.  I wanted all the goodies so I also went with the RGB option.

Before I received this saber I was a little worried that the length of the hilt would be too long because of the RGB option.  I know that RGB adds some length to the hilt, but I wasn’t sure how much.  I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled it out of the box and compared it to the other sabers I ordered, Aeon, Liberator and Dominix.  The hilt is almost exactly the same length as those hilts.  I wonder how much shorter the single color Prophecy is?

The Collectors Edition Prophecy is nickel plated and is astonishingly beautiful.  This saber really looks like a saber you would see in a Star Wars movie with it’s beveled emitter, thumb screws on the blade retention screws and covertec wheel.  The nickel plating does pick up finger prints easy, but they are really only noticeable in a camera flash or really bright light.  In fact, I didn’t notice them until I took a picture of the hilt with the flash on.

Immediately after starting to swing this saber around I found that I needed to take the covertec wheel off for it to be comfortable.  With it on I was adjusting my grip to avoid it, meaning my hands were bumping the color switches during battle and causing my saber to flash different colors.  With it off it is much more comfortable.

The bottom of the hilt has groves cut lengthwise into it as grips.  These groves are actually a bit sharp and while they look great my left hand is actually a little sore from holding it.  I imagine after a bit of use my hand will get used to it (they already are, actually).  It’s not like they will cut your hand open or anything, it just gets slightly irritating after a bit.   The plus side of this grip is that you never have to worry about it coming out of your hands or spinning around in them as your hands get sweaty. 

Spinning this saber is easy too.  There is a natural choke point up above the switches and its easy to hold up there and spin it around.  The weight with the ultra edge heavy grade blade is perfect.

I noticed that after I took my blade out the first time it rattled when I put it back in.  What I ended up doing was taking off the thumb screws in order to tighten the set screws onto the blade with an alan wrench.  Then put the set screws back on and the rattling stops.  Easy.
If you order this saber I also recommend you go and tighten everything before you start fighting.  I had end-caps and thumb screws flying everywhere when I started swinging it around because they were pretty loose.  After tightening them I’ve had no problems.

This saber runs on 4 AAA batteries.  After four days of messing with it for a while every evening I can notice a difference when mixing colors with the RGB switches. 

With fresh batteries though you get your standard red, green and blue colors, but you can also mix them for up to four more colors.  Red and blue together make a pinkish color (definitely not purple), red and green make a yellow color, green and blue make acrtic blue (yay!) and all three together make a color that is white near the bottom but a peach color near the tip.  So far I like the standard red, green and blue colors as well as the arctic blue mix.

As with all ultra sabers is incredibly bright.  Quite a lot brighter than my Darth Vader force FX saber.

This is by far my favorite saber so far.

War Glaive - RGB - Sith Sound board.
Special Edition Prophecy - RGB
Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue
Dominix V2 LE - Sunriders Destiny
Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiate V2 LE - Blazing Orange
Force FX - Darth Vader

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:45:38 AM »

very nice review the collectors prophecy looks awesome! i only have the regular one as for the size of the normal prophecy here's a comparsion of mine with my other sabers
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:03:38 AM by Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 03:50:16 AM »

Oh wow! I really like that picture. I'm glad I have the RGB version if for nothing more than the size is exactly what I want.

I also like the Bane in that pic. I thought it was bigger than that, but it's about the same length of the other sabers I have. Thanks for sharing!

Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Force FX - Darth Vader

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 04:19:14 AM »

Oh wow! I really like that picture. I'm glad I have the RGB version if for nothing more than the size is exactly what I want.

I also like the Bane in that pic. I thought it was bigger than that, but it's about the same length of the other sabers I have. Thanks for sharing!

even though it looks small in my pics i can grip the prophecy with two hands, personally its my favorite saber to duel with and the bane grips and wide emitter make it look meaty and big i can only imagine the size of the RGB bane. also how does the rgb prophecy handle doesn't feel uncomfortable with all those buttons?

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 08:33:27 AM »

even though it looks small in my pics i can grip the prophecy with two hands, personally its my favorite saber to duel with and the bane grips and wide emitter make it look meaty and big i can only imagine the size of the RGB bane. also how does the rgb prophecy handle doesn't feel uncomfortable with all those buttons?

It did feel uncomfortable at first, until I took the covertec wheel off.  With the wheel off the buttons easily line up down the center of my grip and it's not a problem at all to hold, spin or fight with comfortably.

Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Force FX - Darth Vader

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »

Great review!  Reward points coming your way!

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »

Great review!  Reward points coming your way!

Awesome!!  Thanks!!
I'm sure I'll be redeeming them soon.

Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Force FX - Darth Vader

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »

Question:  You said that you took the thumbscrews off and then tightened the set screws to stop the rattling.  I'm not sure I quite understand how this works, never actually having seen a Prophecy in action.  Are there set screws separate from the thumbscrews?  Did you replace the thumbscrews with different ones?  etc.

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »

Question:  You said that you took the thumbscrews off and then tightened the set screws to stop the rattling.  I'm not sure I quite understand how this works, never actually having seen a Prophecy in action.  Are there set screws separate from the thumbscrews?  Did you replace the thumbscrews with different ones?  etc.
When looking at the pictures of the Prophecy you can see two knurled nuts or thumbscrew looking things near the emitter end. These are actually just fancy nuts that screw down over the allen screws that you tighten the blade into the hilt with.

What I found I needed to do was to take these off, tighten the allen screws with an allen wrench and then put the fancy nuts back on over the allen screws.

Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Force FX - Darth Vader

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 10:24:06 PM »

A little update to my review.
This saber is still far and away my favorite saber in my house. (we will see if my War Glaive can top it. It arrives tomorrow).
I mentioned in my review that the grooves in the hilt were making my hand sore. This is no longer an issue. My hand has gotten used to it and it's completely comfortable now.

I do notice that it is tarnishing quite a bit. I'm not sure what to do about it. At times i think it looks cool and adds some character to it, then at other times I want the super shiny look back.
I'll post pics later

Ok, another update. I took some chrome polish to my hilt. I used to use it for the chrome on my motorcycle so figured it would be ok. It polished it right up. It looks beautiful now, maybe even more shiny than when I first got it!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:49:50 AM by KreepnSlayer » Logged

Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Force FX - Darth Vader

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 04:44:26 AM »

The technique we use to nickel plate our hilts is the same used to nickel plate modern Colt fire arms.  The hilts are NOT electroplated and will not chip, peel, or flake.  Therefore, you can clean and polish the finish of your nickel plated Ultra Saber the same way you would a Colt Commander firearm - with a mild metal polish.  I recommend Flitz Liquid Polish.

Hmm, think I'll sticky this.  Thanks for bring this up, KreepnSlayer.

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 06:12:04 AM »

No sweat, Ultra.
I was really happy that the metal cleaner worked like it did. I was kinda digging the used, battle weary look that the saber was sporting before I polished it. It looked like it had been in battles, kicking Jedi or Sith butt and taking names, but I was worried that I wouldnt be able to get it back to that shiny new look again.

I was wordied that Id screw up the finish or something, but thankfully you guys do things right and that polish worked like a charm and was really easy.

Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Force FX - Darth Vader

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: