Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy V3  (Read 2243 times)
2772CJ
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 04, 2012, 02:45:33 AM »

Might order a prophecy v3 and want to know if I can ask them to do the anodized black on the ring where the activator is and the grooves on the saber.

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 03:06:53 AM »

that would probably be a big fat no. i believe they send the sabers to different place to be anodized and then U.S. puts in all of their own electronics. if you wanted the mid section to be black, you can simply tape off all of the surrounding areas and spray paint it yourself.

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:15:07 AM »

Another option is to buy the dark version and then sand back the areas you want silver.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:23:13 AM »

Might order a prophecy v3 and want to know if I can ask them to do the anodized black on the ring where the activator is and the grooves on the saber.

Yes it's possible, if you want to pay a butt load extra for it...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 06:28:14 PM »

you could also get the regular version and get some glossy or matte black enamel paint from the hardware or perhaps craft store and do it yourself. Anodizing is a process where the surface of an object is changed and it is usually done to the entire object as it is difficult/impossible to avoid affecting other parts. After the process is complete they have to etch away the anodizing to get the shiny metal parts back. It is an involved process. So, like big andy said, you could get the black version and sand away the parts you want so they become silver again, or you could go with the regular one and use an enamel paint to change the parts you want.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »

I have seen mods done exactly as you describe to the regular Prophecy, and they were fantastic.  Hope it works for you!

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: