Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Few questions possibly ideas for future ultrasaber products of 2011  (Read 8293 times)
Sythen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

A Jedi uses to force for knowledge and defense..

« on: January 01, 2011, 09:34:54 AM »

Will there be more hilt styles?
Will there be more sabers that are inspired from the SWU. (as you did with bane)?
Will you guys have illuminated switches as a option?
A big one, will you have ether option of  being able to have an affordable slide out  crystal chamber for extra $ or one saber that has
crystal chamber?
Lastly will there be more options for painting of the hilts. Weathered to colored to aged etc?

Thank you

█||∥∦∥∦∥∥∥|⊂◅⊃Pך   

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:39:07 AM »

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Do you have a switch in mind that you'd like us to offer?
4. We're exploring that option
5. We are moving away from painted hilts to focus more on anodized aluminum, but we will be offering different color schemes, of which aged and weathered is a possibility.

Oz Drift3r
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Do you have a switch in mind that you'd like us to offer?
4. We're exploring that option
5. We are moving away from painted hilts to focus more on anodized aluminum, but we will be offering different color schemes, of which aged and weathered is a possibility.

Sounds like 2011 is going to be a good year Smiley

Illuminated switches is a great idea, but i would think of this as more of an individuals customisation. A way of making your UltraSabers saber 'your own'..... Just my opinion of course.

Phantom V2 - RGB
Initiate V2 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator V2 - Under Construction

Sythen
Knight Lance Corporal

A Jedi uses to force for knowledge and defense..

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »

The switches I have in mind are these

(colors)

(types)

I think these switches as a choice will be a good addition to your shop. They make hilts pop out while being simple and sleek.

(I will be posting the blue switch on my Aeon when the switch arrives if you are curious to see how it looks with the saber )

Thanks for hearing my advice, means alot to get feedback from the owners.

And 2011 will be a good year, looking forward to seeing new saber hilts, hilt schemes(aged and weathered get my vote), crystal chamber possibility

would be kick ass.

Thanks Ultra

█||∥∦∥∦∥∥∥|⊂◅⊃Pך   

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »

Can you PM me the source for these switches?  I'll check em out.

Anto
Knight Apprentice

Photoshop saber... sign....

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 10:59:23 AM »

Oh my god , these swithes would be the BEST ! I did some research , turns out that vaders vault uses those kind of switches for their sabers  . It truly brings out the sleekness of the hilt ! Plus , it looks more futuristic Smiley

HELP , im CrAzy !

Jacob P. Galvatron
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:39:19 PM »

I would definitely pay something extra if those switches were offered. Looked into adding one myself, but I have very little knowledge of electronics and even with the tutorials I have a slight fear of screwing something up. I'm also really looking forward to the Crimson Pyrestone color that was mentioned a few times over at the old forums.

Wingfoot001
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:28:09 AM »

Another question about future products...

Are there any plans to have a metal, curve-hilt saber? Ultra Saber offers conversions on the Dooku Master Replica, any Ultra Saber originals in the works?

spaznick
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 03:17:15 AM »

I too had a quick question, I really like the new Liberators concave mid section, any chance this section could be a bit more concave? I think it would look awesome.  Also I agree with the other posters, AV switches would make my wallet bleed lol I would LOVE to see AV switches as an option.

MrGadget
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 06:12:51 AM »

I've heard of these switches described as anti-vandals. Anyone know the dimensions?

Could they be counter sunk so they are flush, or would they need to be in a switchbox?

spaznick
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »

I've heard of these switches described as anti-vandals. Anyone know the dimensions?

Could they be counter sunk so they are flush, or would they need to be in a switchbox?

Depends on the switch, most latching switches (which are the ones that would work without a momentary card or tricky wiring) would require a  switch box cuz they are too long.  Some momentary ones could fit flush as far as I know, but it would not be ideal with the led setup as it would only turn on the led when pressed (momentary).

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 10:31:04 PM »

Is this a crazy idea? What if you chose a a particular Jedi or Sith's saber to replicate each month? I know you guys do Darth Maul's in a couple of different options, but what if you did say Mace Windu's or Darth Sidius's and others in a sort of rotation? With each new month would be a new replica. Would that be too much of a pain in the butt?

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 05:42:21 AM »

Wow. I would really love one of those switches. I can't wait to see some more new stuff for 2011!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Gchu149
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 05:55:29 AM »

Is this a crazy idea? What if you chose a a particular Jedi or Sith's saber to replicate each month? I know you guys do Darth Maul's in a couple of different options, but what if you did say Mace Windu's or Darth Sidius's and others in a sort of rotation? With each new month would be a new replica. Would that be too much of a pain in the butt?

Well, they could be EXACT replicas because of copyright issues, but character inspired sabers (like the bane and prophecy) would be something I would be very interested in.

Gchu149 of fx-sabers
"Darth" of SMHS Jazz band

HannaMagi
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 06:55:14 AM »

If possible, on your site with your all your sabers, have a photo of the saber in someone's hand to better show the size of the saber. Most of them already do or have video's attached. Those are great.  Just letting you know that having that additional visual reference is a big help when trying to decide which saber to get.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: