Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dry Brushing tutorial to add weathering to a saber  (Read 36252 times)
deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 08:51:57 PM »

I tend to use rattlecan, mostly Krylon
Okay cool - thanks man! Already have a few cans of Krylon from other projects so this works out well.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -840

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2018, 10:20:06 PM »

I too like the "rattle" can. Krylon or Rustolieum both work well, the finish is up to you. Brush on is good for small areas or pieces, but if you're doing the whole hilt go spray for nice even coverage.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2018, 10:27:58 PM »

I too like the "rattle" can. Krylon or Rustolieum both work well, the finish is up to you. Brush on is good for small areas or pieces, but if you're doing the whole hilt go spray for nice even coverage.

Okay cool, that makes sense. I'm going to try light dry brushing for some weathering on my Aeon v4's then figured I needed some kind of clearcoat to hold it all together. Now trying to figure out the best way to hold it for spraying, might craft something really quick out of some spare 2x4's and a wooden dowel held sideways that I can hang the hilt on, then I can take that anywhere and spray it

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

mrg149
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -66

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2018, 03:08:46 PM »

used a mix of bottle and rattle on my latest project (click below to see album)… dry brushing and washes go a long way to making great effects. The tutorials on these forums are massively helpful and I refer to them constantly…still want to watch someone do a tutorial where they do battle damage…but that's me ;-)

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"

CAN HE NOW BE REDEEMED BY LIGHT SIDE POINTS ONLY!?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: