Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: "DIY" Dark Initiate V2 w/Obi wan Econo Sound !!! WIP/VID !!!  (Read 7935 times)
LINK
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

Its dangerous to go alone. Take this !

« on: February 28, 2011, 06:07:04 AM »

Hello everyone !  I'm very excited to share with all of you my latest project. Ultrasabers DIY Dark Initiate V2 with Obi Wan Econo Sound !
This is the THIRD obi board !  I broke or fried the other two trying to fit them into this hilt. Not very easy. But I did it !! 

Specs: 
P4 Green,
Obi wan econo sound,
4 AAA Battery pack,
TCSS premium speaker,
Matching covertec wheel,
3 Accent holes,
24" TCSS TransWhite Thin wall Blade.

Heres some Pics !  Vid at bottom.  Hope you guys and gals like : )

It took some time figuring out just the right way to use Cram-Fu !

And heres the vid

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9SIDiq8sFU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Ultrasabers DIV2 with Sound</a>

■A lightsaber wields no strength unless the hand that holds it understands The Force.

vash1128
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:45:02 AM »

Nice customizations!  How do the TCSS trans white blades compare to the Ultra-edge?  Do they light evenly even without diffuser film?

LINK
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 06:49:48 AM »

Nice customizations!  How do the TCSS trans white blades compare to the Ultra-edge?  Do they light evenly even without diffuser film?

Thanks : )    Yeah They light really evenly, The only time it looks like they dont is when your in direct light, at that point it seems a little dim around the "neck" area closer to the tip but its hardly noticeable at all. I think the bullet tip may affect it differently too but not sure. Great blades though.  Thanks again ! 

■A lightsaber wields no strength unless the hand that holds it understands The Force.

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 07:02:10 AM »

came out nice. i like the touch on the accent holes up towards the emmitter. sucks that you had to go through 3 boards though. i can't afford one at the moment. lol. very nice

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

monkey fighter
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 12:01:03 AM »

Man, That's hot. I really like the 3 access holes. That sound board seems really sensitive compared to mine. Though I'll think about attempting my own build after seeing how much trouble you had. Shocked

LINK
Knight Officer

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 02:04:40 AM »

Man, That's hot. I really like the 3 access holes. That sound board seems really sensitive compared to mine. Though I'll think about attempting my own build after seeing how much trouble you had.

Yeah, for this hilt in particular, I would take caution. Its not very easy to stuff all that in there. The resistor took up a lot of extra room. I used a 4.7ohm 5w cause thats what I had extra. The green p4 only needs a 3.3ohm 5w but you can always go up but not down. While they are the same size resistor, its the type. But with care it can be done. Good luck to ya. : )   And thanks everyone for the great words.

hayduke
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 02:57:08 PM »

any way you could get the saber to not flicker when it clashed?

LINK
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 03:20:12 AM »

any way you could get the saber to not flicker when it clashed?

I'm not sure if it is possible. If it is, then its way to complicated for me lol. Econo Clash Flash for an Econo soundboard.  Can't beat that for $20 !  I like it  : )

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 04:08:59 AM »

hey, quick Q on this. i'm thinking about doing this to both of mine with a few mods to the hilts too. just wondering how you put the soundcard in there. is it just loose? or mounted to the side of the hilt or something? thanks

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

LINK
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 04:34:55 AM »

hey, quick Q on this. i'm thinking about doing this to both of mine with a few mods to the hilts too. just wondering how you put the soundcard in there. is it just loose? or mounted to the side of the hilt or something? thanks

The only way it fit in there is by way of Cram-fu.  What i mean is.... With the extra parts that are wired up and the way I, so to speak " folded" it all together, It barely fit at all. I actually broke one board trying to get it in there and I fried the other one with the iron. Anywho, Just make sure your careful. Its not easy at all. You may break one or two trying. Its just that hard. But, Im sure you will find a way. Oh and just to be more specific. Its not mounted on anything. The fact that its so cramed in there keeps it steady.  Hope this helps : )

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 01:28:37 AM »

alright, good to know. thanks =)

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

OldWolf359
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »

thats an awsome saber you have done a amazing job with getting sound in that hilt and it looks cool aswell  Wink

Catalyst Cyan, Redemption Adegan Silver, Initiate V2 Violet Amethyst (Daughters), Dark Initiate V1 Blazing Red, Consular Arctic Blue, MR Luke Skywalker EpVI, MR Yoda, MR Darth Vader, MR Like Skywalker Ep5, MR Darth Maul, MR Mace Windu, MR Obi Wan Ep3

Darth Dexuis
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -23

I Am The Bloody Right Hand Of My Master.

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 10:27:57 PM »

Wow very good job in getting all that in their, I hope I can emulate your success in the future  Smiley

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 05:40:57 AM »

I'm very Impressed that You were able to get sound into a hilt so small  Shocked , gives me hope for putting sound in my Liberators one day  Cheesy

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

LINK
Knight Officer

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 10:36:55 PM »

Once again  Sorry for the late reply   AND thanks so much for the great words everyone.  It was tough but worth it. I made a 4 year old boy very happy. He is probly one of the most bad a&*  kids around haha and a great youngling.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: