Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Phantasm Review  (Read 4226 times)
flamemaster13
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 01, 2011, 01:08:12 AM »

Just got my new phantasm today, and I'd have to say I was absolutely amazed at job well done by US on these bad boys Shocked . I got them in the very impressive Blazing Red with the 32 inch blades mainly because I thought that 36 would be a touch too long and I'd have to say I stand by that decision, and would actually want to order even a single blade with 32. Mid-grade blades were my pick for these ones and that is a decision I do regret, although they're very bright ( brighter than all my hasbro FX's ) they bend quite a bit when you duel with them which worries me a lot. I don't quite know if they'll break eventually but it just kind of freaks me out. The red is bright enough to fill a room very nicely. while dueling the batteries did fall out a couple times but this was easily fixed by my good friend scotch tape  Tongue http://www.truploader.com/view/966412 sorry the pics are really massive, I'm no good with tech. The top one is the Asajj Ventress and the bottom one is the half phantasm. As you can see the blazing red isn't nearly as red as it should be, it's much more red than Hasbro's in real view but the pics don't show it Angry . Luckily, my camera does pick up the blinding brightness of the Aeon (it's in single format) compared to the dismal Ventress. The hilt has a beautiful look to it, shiny but not so much as to be annoying. It's also way less heavy than the usual hasbro weight, it handles like a dream; there's room for your hands to move around and you can't possibly de-activate it accidentally. Mine runs on two AAA's per saber. If you have any questions shoot away.

Best Parts:Lightweight, attractive, smooth, bright, threaded pommel.

Worst Parts: Blade bands quite a bit ( will get heavies next time )

Overall, great first saber. I'm quite impressed and will order again.... soon.... OK, probably by the end of the week. Cheesy

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:36:33 AM »

A couple things I saw:

You said that the batteries fell out a couple of times.  Did your Phantasm not come with the single-blade pommels?  Both my Phantasm and my Phantom cam with single-blade pommels for duel-wielding.

Did you get UltraEdge in your blades, or standard?  And yeah... You definitely want the Heavy Grade for heavy (read, any) dueling.

flamemaster13
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:45:23 AM »

No it came with the single pommels, they just came out of the battery holders.  I got the standard mid-grade.

ArasVao
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 02:51:57 AM »

Sounds awesome.
I will be getting a Phantasm on Wednesday.
Gonna be my first double blade.

Shock LE - Consular Green

flamemaster13
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 03:06:10 AM »

Congrats, they're a lot of fun. Smiley

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 03:56:12 AM »

Wha... The pommels CAME OUT of their threads?

flamemaster13
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 01:06:27 AM »

Nothing near that. The BATTERIES came out of the plastic HOLDERS.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 05:26:41 AM »

Oh... Now I understand.  I thought the pommels had come off and batteries flew all over the place.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

flamemaster13
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »

not a problem, french is my first language, so I'm sure my english is less than up to snuff.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 12:43:53 AM »

No, your english is fine.  I just misunderstood the sentence.  I thought you meant the battery holders had come out, when you were speaking literally.

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 06:37:29 AM »

MUhiheh !

My Phantasm just shipped from Ultra, and cant wait for that baby to traver half the globe for me ! Tongue (how cool is that?)

Anyways, i saw super cool modification you guys did on your with simple black tape, and it realy got my imagination going. 

Can't wait... any good hybernation tehnics for a week or two ? Cuz this is gona be hell Smiley

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »

Nothing near that. The BATTERIES came out of the plastic HOLDERS.

They do that sometimes for some reason.  I have a Dominix v2, which is essentially the same in all but color as the Aeon, and I have stuffed the hilt with tissue paper to keep everything from rattling and coming loose.  It still happens from time to time but it's much better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: