Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My report for my Theology subject  (Read 1330 times)
wasd999
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

PJDC

« on: March 01, 2011, 02:54:10 AM »

Reflection about Planting Mangroves
- and -
Wild Teenagers Running Amok

I woke up at 1:30 in the morning with the adrupt sound of my own internal body clock waking me up for the day. "It's too early," I thought that another hour of sleep will do me good, but my mind had other plans to keep me awake. Not wasting time idling, I packed my personal effects to be prepared for the mountain climb, which I will find out soon that it won't be about a mountain expedition. That's how life is, full of uncertainty.
So I got myself a cup of coffee, which I accidentally pour too much on my cup. So it was strong and kept me wide awake. Took out a instant noodle in our cupboard and resumed preparing it for my meal.
Having done that, I went out and waited for my good chauffeur, mr. Jonel. He will be driving there-and-back home, I trust him and his good hands.
While driving in the early hours of the mourning, we talked about if anyone other than us, would be at the gates of the university. I bet none, so does he. Sure enough, nobody was there to greet us. We have to wait with some anxious faces on us, with the surprising news that this may not push through and wasted our precious sleep.
Not until 5am in the morning did someone showed up at the stairs of the gate, familiar faces sprung one by one. I looked around to see if they have done enough preparation like I did, since I expected that they are better prepared than I. But sadly, not one of them had brought any articles that would be of great use to the planting operation. With the exception of bathing suits or extra clothing for the resort that was a part of the route.
I've waited for sir Cabalza to board our transport, with several hand picked guest whom I thought deserving to ride along. Well, one of them proved to be a thorn to my arse. I won't mention her name but, if you happen to cross me and ask, I could show you to her for an introduction. (I happen to not remember peoples names)
So we left around 7am, we are off the scheduled rendezvous point at a gass station. Where we are meant to make a pit stop, the other group had to continue on with empty stomachs for that. But I won't let that happen to my guest and crew, so I humbly asked mr. Cabalza for a stop at the station for refueling of our bellies.
 He happily agreed, so we went and had a bite. Took to the bathroom for proper discharging of biological waste and continued on our journey.
To make things short and interesting, we reached our destination. It was a fishing village of sort, with men and women having reddened skins from the sun. Vendors calling out customers to buy slippers and belts, and a store that's selling alot of food stuff and other commodities.
This is where I realized we are for a watery dip to the shoreline, and that means no hiking boots needed. "Nah, I can adapt to that," so I called mr. Jonel and asked if I could burrow his slippers, which he complied and asked me to promptly return them in one pair.
We then resumed to our objective which involves a large area filled with fish ponds and lots of muck. I've came prepared for this kind of thing, so I dressed up while on our way to the small hut that housed the seedlings of mangroves. What specie it was I have forgotten entirely.
While being briefed on the nature of our mission, some rascal had the nerve to call me an "old man" with the attire I wore. If he only knew that it was no laughing matter once we got to our duties, and right I was.
There was screaming everywhere, "yuck! what is this?", "help me! I'm sinking!", "is this from a canal or a septic tank?", all sorts of profanities add flavor to the air.
I was busy minding my own business with the professor as my partner, we make a good team. He stabs the ground to make an indention on the muck while I plant the seed in it. We succesfully planted alot of these seeds, I've lost count after I reached my first hundredth seedling.
It was no biggie, "it's just like planting rice" as the caretaker of the field told me. It was a pleasure to work with the professor, of course, with the exclusion of the unhelpfull younglings throwing the poor seeds uncaringly like darts.
(the seeds were thrown upside down)
As I noticed, some of the people with us were looking for me. They thought I hid from this "dirty" job, they didn't realize after I shown myself that the old man they where calling was I. Others were very surprised to see me, and the way I worked on the field even gave better respect for my work. Which bagged me a few admirers along the way.
We then headed for the resort to clean our selves and refresh, which should have only been 2 hour stay turned 3 hours. I was miffed, I had a scheduled business meeting back at the city and have to babysit that young lady who ate my precious time!
But any way, we all got on board and left around 4pm, no thanks to that girl.
Mr. Cabalza felt that I was steaming mad at her, so he talked me out of my state and relaxed. We had a good lengthy conversation, including why I'm 21 years old and still in 2nd year. I simply explained that my parents wanted me "matured" first before letting me go out to the real world, that I'm better prepared for it.
He liked my explanation, with a nod.
Upon reaching the university, I left the professor and my guest at the university gate and bade farewell for that day, and off to my meeting after that.
So my conclusion? It was a great experience, seeing new things and observing wild teenagers running amok in their natural habitat. Planting the seeds was a humbling, and peacful meditation for me. It reminded of the world God gave us to protect and not enslave for our greedy ends. Good thing my father was into recycling, which helps the environment with effeciency. I also got to know mr. Cabalza more, which  we got to understand each other very well along the way. And removed some false gossips which includes me being a loner, which is not true.
Would I like to do this again? Sure, why not?
I'll come over with boots when I visit that place again, plus some poles to poke the muck around. And also my fishing rod, can't pass that oppurtunity to catch some fish again!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:44:10 AM by wasd999 » Logged

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 04:04:02 AM »

Wow, that centered text is extremely hard to read.

wasd999
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

PJDC

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:45:10 AM »

Wow, that centered text is extremely hard to read.

My bad, fixed with a left alignment.

Though it really is hard to read I must say!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: