Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from the frozen North.  (Read 6581 times)
CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -23

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »

I never liked the fact that ppl try to compare call of duty with battlefield for the simple reason that they are completely different games. I play both and i like them both.

Battlefield just has more teamplay, tactical and a bit sim-like gameplay. This is fun for when playing with friends or in a clan (like i do).

While CoD on the otherhand is just and big arcade game. If i want to run and gun, its gonna be this.

And the batman games.. love em, specialy arkham city ^^ Always good to hear good ol' Luke still has his Joker voice!!

Greetings,

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire
For life and beyond grave

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »

The problem for me is that i cant get into arcade style shooters, i hated halo for example.

I did very hardcore milsim airsoft for about 4 years, and one of the guys who taught me to play spent 14 years in the canadian airbourne (the precursor to jtf2, they were basically canadian SAS)

So playing a shooter to me, one of the important things is realism.

Great example of one thing that drives me nuts in COD is they got the stats on so many weapons wrong. I greatly prefer the way battlefield does it, they give you the caliber and type of rounds that the gun uses, they give the rate of fire, and a rough estimate of range. (Which should be obvious, longer barrel = longer straiter trajectory)

The only thing i liked other than the storyline from mw3 was one of the attachments for the guns. Its the eotech xps holo sight, with the flip to the side monocle basically giving you an acog and a holo sight in one.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 05:16:16 PM »

The problem for me is that i cant get into arcade style shooters, i hated halo for example.

I did very hardcore milsim airsoft for about 4 years, and one of the guys who taught me to play spent 14 years in the canadian airbourne (the precursor to jtf2, they were basically canadian SAS)

So playing a shooter to me, one of the important things is realism.

Great example of one thing that drives me nuts in COD is they got the stats on so many weapons wrong. I greatly prefer the way battlefield does it, they give you the caliber and type of rounds that the gun uses, they give the rate of fire, and a rough estimate of range. (Which should be obvious, longer barrel = longer straiter trajectory)

The only thing i liked other than the storyline from mw3 was one of the attachments for the guns. Its the eotech xps holo sight, with the flip to the side monocle basically giving you an acog and a holo sight in one.

Yeah I can see where realism would be a requirement for you.  I personally have only sampled the one game, so I can't begin to compare them... although I must say that the "unrealistic" factor in MW can actually make it more fun.  Gives you the feel of an action movie, which is obviously much different from real life.

Also, Modern Warfare has a great story, as you mentioned, and a soundtrack by Hans Zimmer.  That wins it MAJOR points in my book.

CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -23

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 01:49:11 AM »

Yeah i totally understand you on the realism part, for me thats also mostly what i like. But sometimes il just want to shred, and them MW 3 is there xD

Ahh Hanz Zimmer, yes that a mega plus point to have as composer in anything. He also did the last batman movie, very good soundtrack there!

Greetings,

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire
For life and beyond grave

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 02:00:23 AM »

Yeah i totally understand you on the realism part, for me thats also mostly what i like. But sometimes il just want to shred, and them MW 3 is there xD

Ahh Hanz Zimmer, yes that a mega plus point to have as composer in anything. He also did the last batman movie, very good soundtrack there!

Greetings,

CbrS*

The whole Dark Knight trilogy, all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, The Last Samurai... the list of awesome films he made awesome soundtracks for goes on and on Wink

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 06:59:01 AM »

Wow am I still in the stone age or what? I never played any of these. Go out side! Smack each other stupid with light sabers!!!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: