Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Artorius, He doesn't like you  (Read 16029 times)
Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« on: July 21, 2012, 06:54:41 AM »

Alright, so Nero says I should make an introduction thread. Let's start at the end and then we can wind our way back to the beginning . . . Ok, ok stop complaining we'll go from the start.

My earliest memory of a favorite movie is ESB. SURPRISE! I was 5 years old and had great taste. At this point I decided I wanted to be a ninja turtle. I started training in Tae Kwon Do at this point (1992). I've been training in the martial arts ever since. I could recount all the arts I've trained but it's a long list so if you really want to know just PM me.

First lightsaber: 2006 US PVC Omen in GB. I like blue a lot. I became a Resident Master last year. My favorite style of Lightsaber Combat is Form III, Soresu.

I'm a musician by trade. If you ever want to talk music with me PM me.

You may see people refer to me as MAV. It's just initials. Also, I'm a MAVerick.

Explanation of the title of this thread: I am fully capable of being social (Nero will attest) but I prefer to be picky. I don't like wasting my time as it is a non-renewable resource. I will tell you the truth up front. You want honesty? Welcome to my mind. Think about ANH. It'll make more sense.

I'm here for whatever you need. PM me and I'll get to you just as quick as I can.

Cheers.

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:31:56 AM »

Nice to actually see something about you MAV. I may call you MAV, right? Wink

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:05:17 AM »

Nice to actually see something about you MAV. I may call you MAV, right? Wink

Anyone can. Unless you feel like typing out the whole thing.

"In time you will come to call me . . . Master."

Only I'm Grey with a kind of Matukai/Mando take on the world. If you don't know what one of those is (probably Matukai) let me introduce you to the world of Wookieepedia. If you can't spell Chewy's species then you don't know Star Wars.

Yea, it's 4:04 in the AM here. I'm over it

Cheers.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »

Master artorius is entertaining as you get to know him. First time on vent with him and master nero while playing old republic... i hopped on just as he was saying, "I hope this guy's not a toolbag"

lol the conversation just went from there, in universe character whose personality i think fits master artorius the best....Jolee Bindo, just saying

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:40:04 AM »

Master artorius is entertaining as you get to know him. First time on vent with him and master nero while playing old republic... i hopped on just as he was saying, "I hope this guy's not a toolbag"

lol the conversation just went from there, in universe character whose personality i think fits master artorius the best....Jolee Bindo, just saying

I think you managed to peg his character perfectly with a single post.  Not to mention I'm sure he'll regard it as quite the compliment... he's a big fan of crazy old Bindo Wink

In all seriousness, Artorius can be quiet and even gruff sometimes, but he's VERY passionate about the things he loves - the two most prominent being music and martial arts.  He's done martial arts for so long that his idea of a sobriety test is performing spinning hook kicks (that's not an exaggeration).  The guy knows his stuff, and if you're really interested in learning he'd be happy to help you out.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 01:16:36 AM »

I must ask... who is your favorite Turtle? lol

I'm not a giant fan by any means, but I grew up with the first two movies around the house and I love them both. Actually been watching them on my lunch break the last couple days. Just started the 3rd movie, which I'd never seen before. Not as good, but still watchable. I miss the old Raph though.

Have I thoroughly derailed the thread now? Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 02:02:57 AM »

I must ask... who is your favorite Turtle? lol

I'm not a giant fan by any means, but I grew up with the first two movies around the house and I love them both. Actually been watching them on my lunch break the last couple days. Just started the 3rd movie, which I'd never seen before. Not as good, but still watchable. I miss the old Raph though.

Have I thoroughly derailed the thread now? Grin

I always loved Leo the most. My first weapon was Katana and I believe that was even influenced by TMNT. I identify with all 4 (as most people do) but after that is Mikey or Raph (depending on mood) with a constant undercurrent of Don's genius.

Oh, and splinter. The wisdom flows!

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 02:51:29 AM »

I can't help but see you as Raphael. It just fits, and Nero is Casey jones...

"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 03:04:47 AM »

He's Raph... yeah, a little TOO Raph. Cheesy

I like em' all too, but I think Mikey being the funny one I gotta give him some props. Raph is cool though. Ah heck, they're all awesome. Love Casey though, I love how he just showed up in the movie and kicked arse. And his sports based weaponry was sweet. Splinter... I shall always credit him with the word Cowabunga. lol I made a funny!

I am not a color...

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 03:06:46 AM »

New game Roundhead...cricket

Luke & Corran (I,J)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 03:08:17 AM »

I can't help but see you as Raphael. It just fits, and Nero is Casey jones...

Pretty accurate!  There are quite a few scenes in the original film that are classic Nero/Artorius moments - the one where Don and Casey exchange insults while fixing the car springs to mind Wink

We're both comprised of a mix of the four (as most people are), but I'd say there is definitely a lot of Raph and Leo in Artorius.  The cranky side of Raph balanced with the warrior code of Leo... it's a unique mix!

Although there is DEFINITELY some of Mikey's nuttiness too...

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 03:22:19 AM »

Nobody understands cricket. Wink

So if you guys are Raph and Casey, do I get to be Mikey? Or does Teej beet me there. I don't think I'm enough of a computer genius to be Donny, and my Karate isn't good enough to be Keno... (interesting story, I know his cousin though)

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 03:23:20 AM »

I'm Mikey all the way....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 04:33:59 AM »

Dibs on Leo, I keep pretty calm

I need to get my jar Kai on.

Luke & Corran (I,J)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 05:22:42 AM »

Crap. Guess I have to be Donny then... oh well. At least I still know what DOS is, that's gotta count a little towards being a computer genius, right?

I am not a color...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: