Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Martyr says hello!  (Read 5978 times)
Martyr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« on: July 22, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »

Hello everyone! c:

Just joined since my interest in lightsaber combat/coreography have escalated to the degree that I decided to join a forum that even promotes it!
To tell you a little about myself: My name is Carl, currently 17 and attending College here in Sweden, (Alot of people get shocked when I tell them that, but let me finish the speculations quickly by saying: Diffrent school system. Smiley )
Im the vocalist of two bands of different genres, one Hardcore/Metal and one Death Metal.

My interest for saber combat came weirdly out of the blue because of one thing: My friend and I planned on celebrating May the 4th in a very special way the next year by dressing as Jedi and Sith while duking it out in the college cafeteria with pre-planned coreography. This opened the door to something diffrent. We discovered the world of saber combat and we were hooked.  Together, we decided to self-train ourselves various techniques and maybe in the future start a team. Though before we can do that, we'll have to get us some LED lightsabers instead of using rebuilt walking sticks (which btw work really well for now.). So far, we got a really neat practise place, resembling something from Yavin 4 and Dagobah. We got a ruined old wooden hut we use to store our things before we start practising, a small camping ground with a fireplace to rest by, lots of rock formations to act as sparring grounds,  two giant boulders we use to practise our balance while the other stand on the ground delivering blows from all around and the best thing of all; its all deserted with no bypassers or visitors whatsoever and I have the comfort of having it right by my apartment building . (I can maybe send you a few pics of it if anybody is interested.)

"Only heroes die. Villains and cowards are left to suffer."

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »

Welcome to the forums!

Välkommen min nya vän!

Light side points please Smiley

Martyr
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 12:15:39 AM »

Thanks alot! c:

Så det finns svenskar som håller på med detta också? Smiley (So there are swedes who do this aswell?)

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:27:59 AM »

There may be, but not me!

I just made the effort to offer a welcome   Grin

I know there have been a couple here from Norway...not the same of course but close than USA/Texas   Undecided

Martyr
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 12:35:02 AM »

Haha, impressive I must say. c:

From Norway you say? Thats better than nothing! I think this hobby should come more to Scandinavia!

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:42:02 AM »

I would start your search right here

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=6439.0

Martyr
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 12:45:38 AM »

"...And thus began a great adventure, in the search for the Force-users of Scandinavia."

CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -23

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 12:53:56 AM »

Hey and welcome here to THE BEST PLACE to get sabers, and anything that revolves around it!

I love swedish ppl, they are so nice and they love/make good metal \M/

If anything ive learned here in the couple of days is that one does not ask if the forum wants to see pictures, they eat them here, so better provide with lots of em  xD

Wish i could find me some quiet place to train some myself. Yours seems like a true place for one to train this!

So i hope we'll be seeing you around more here, and have fun when choosing sabers Cheesy

Greetings,

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire
For life and beyond grave

Martyr
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 01:18:35 AM »

Hello, thank you! c:
I think we're gonna get along just fine then! We also make alot of good Punk/Hardcore punk. Like Asta Kask, Lastkaj 14 or Totalt Jävla Mörker. Grin \M/

Haah, guess I'll have to get my cell-camera then. ;O

It's great, its atmospheric, convenient and lots of good places to duel on, but we decided on having specific areas for that; there are negative things though.
Like, there are bugs near the hut. It doesn't grow any grass there and the trees are dying so they're pretty grey. It keeps slugs and snails away but centipedes, spiders are everywhere because of the age of the hut. We're thinking about cleaning it so they'll stay away. Another downside is, Im using lil' rascal methods of getting there, what seperates me and the training grounds are the train-tracks that go just outside the building. A local gang has taken some gardening shears or something and cut a hole in the fence, so I use that hole to get there, unless I wanna walk 2 km to get around there.

I think I will stick around for a while. Need to learn everything, ya know. c:

CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 01:33:44 AM »

Sounds like a true Sith hideout =D

Learning everything, yeah thats quite a task, one that id also like. You should really check out Master Nonymous' vids from Terra Prime. Ive watched them so often, just to see how i can improve myself in saber combat. Starting as serious noob on this i find it very relaxing, and fun to do.

And yes, get that cell cam up and running!

Greetings,

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire

Martyr
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 01:41:44 AM »

The hut area sure is sith! But it can be kinda cozy, we usually drag out an ol' plank and sit down when we're resting. Smiley

Oh yeah, I've watched Terra Prime, we actually preformed some Shii-cho exercises from his video today during practise and it worked pretty fine and dandy!
For inspiration, I usually watch the Forceclash videos. The most interesting techniques for me must be Soresu and Ataru, they contradict each other, sure; but could you imagine combining those two into your own style? It would resemble the likes of a tank with  plasma shields. Wink

Will do, wonder where you post these kinds of things though. o.o

CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 01:49:45 AM »

hehe posting in the middle of the night, cool^^

I mostly post my pictures and vids (have yet to make one) on my facebook, from there i can link them directly into this forum with the correct link.

Yeah its good to find out your own style i think, but that also takes practise ofcourse xD

I myself am currently working on the Orbits, i can spin quite well, but for me the problem is the weight of the saber. My next one will arrive this week, i asked for a shorter blade so i hope in overall my next saber will be a bit easier to handle for me.

Looking forward to your pics and/or vids =D

Greetings,

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire

Martyr
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 02:02:16 AM »

Lol, who needs sleep when you have holidays? Grin

I see, what category in the forums do you post them to?

If you want something badly, work/practise shouldn't be a problem. Wink

I'm horrible at spinning, I can spin backwards and put it infront of my body and behind, thats it. No tricks or anything. Grin
Oh, what saber did you order and what do you have right now? Smiley

I might take a trip their tomorrow and do some footage, we'll see when I'll upload it! ^^

CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 02:08:37 AM »

yes free time ftw!

At the moment i have a grab bag saber. I got a red anodized Libertaor V2 with a Blazing Red normal mid grade blade. This was my first saber just to check it out. My next one however...is a bit more "real".

A Prophecy, Arctic Blue, Ultra Edge blade (asked to be shortend to 32 inch) blue anti-vandal switch, obsidian sound. Its going to be part of a set i will make. A Prophecy set that will contain all 3 different prophecy sabers. This way i can also make a staff with 2 of em.

There are sections for vids and pics, alot can be seen in the review threads if you make a review, but for practise vids i think "way of the saber" is a good place =D

Greetings,

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire

Martyr
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 02:21:48 AM »

Hah, I am also planning on purchasing a Prophecy saber with Ultra Edge Heavy grade (though I wonder if it won't be too heavy for me.). c;
It seems to have that look that Im looking for in my character cosplay. Not gonna go for that Jedi robe look perhaps but Im looking to adopt a smuggler pilot look like Starkiller/Kyle Katarn/Luke in ROTJ and I think a "tidy"-technological advanced looking saber like that would give it a taste like its a hero dressed as a civillian. Already got a nice brand/print-less jacket. Tongue

Better post it in "Way of the saber" then! :3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: