Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tips for a newbie  (Read 4418 times)
Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »

It is possible to add sound later. There are several tutorials on these forums in regards to adding sound. Also you are right, grab bags do not come with sound. Oh and referring back to UE vs standard blades here is a great guide on what looks best with what color:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3096.0

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 08:25:08 PM »

Thank you much for the guide, kind sir.

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Darth Vapour
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -98

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 07:24:02 AM »

Just note that if you get a V2 grab bag, you will need to drill holes in the pommel when you add sound. With the V3's you will either need to do the same, or just buy a vented pommel.

"WRATH" Overlord PO Obsidian
"ICE" Customized Liberator AB Obsidian
"Fire" Dark Liberator BR
Hasbro Vader FX
Aeon V2 SY, Consular CG,
"Guardian" Customised SI V2 GB
Custom built Shock CG with obsidian FO FOC
Custom Yari staff BR

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »

Thank you much for the guide, kind sir.
Not a problem! Have your first point for great taste in sabers! Light or dark?

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Dettam
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »

If you want a shorter staff, you just need the emmitter. Although I think if you don't have li-ion batteries, you need two battery packs. Just run the wires to the same switch. But I don't think that would be any cheaper. I just find a 26 in staff a bit long.

It is possible to add sound to the old style sabers, but you need to do some shaving to get the speaker in. Anyone know of a good quality speaker than is smaller that the standard Ultrasaber one?

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 06:01:25 PM »

Not a problem! Have your first point for great taste in sabers! Light or dark?

Dark if you please, sir.

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

skullflare
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 03:10:28 AM »

I may be a little late, but here's what I did with my staff:

Lets see how dark we can go

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 06:32:52 AM »

Awesome, glad I get to see what I'm looking forward to.

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 10:05:33 AM »

I may be a little late, but here's what I did with my staff:

Looks menacing

skullflare
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 01:57:35 PM »

Looks menacing
lol should see it with 36" blades, it's great at a convention, kinda like a lighthouse beacon  Grin

Lets see how dark we can go

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 03:23:35 AM »

I decided to dip my toes in the Ultrasabers water with a Fire Orange Dark Initiate V2. I love it to death. I could type on for days about how awesome it is.

Now with a couple of events coming up and me having two costumes I need to complete, if I wanted to be able to have both red and green for a Dark War Glaive, would it be easier and more cost effective to go RGB or Quick Disconnect? I was wondering because if possible I don't really like the look of four buttons all in a row on the hilt, but I'd be willing to suck it up and do so if its cheaper and easier.

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 05:22:09 AM »

I decided to dip my toes in the Ultrasabers water with a Fire Orange Dark Initiate V2. I love it to death. I could type on for days about how awesome it is.

Now with a couple of events coming up and me having two costumes I need to complete, if I wanted to be able to have both red and green for a Dark War Glaive, would it be easier and more cost effective to go RGB or Quick Disconnect? I was wondering because if possible I don't really like the look of four buttons all in a row on the hilt, but I'd be willing to suck it up and do so if its cheaper and easier.

It kind of depends, if you are only doing one color, QDs are cheaper at the beginning, but you can't change colors without a little dis-assembly. The RGB is about $90 right up front, and if you're doing that for both that's pretty steep, but you have access to color changing on the fly so that's cool. I have an RGB saber, and sometimes the buttons get in the way, but I like changing the colors quickly. In the long run if you were to get several colors with the MLS units it would add up, especially if you get MLS units with flash on clash. So, you have to choose, One button/less expensive up front option, or Expensive up front/more buttons/multiple available colors?

I find that I really only use the main three colors and yellow/orange (depending on battery strength) for my RGB saber, and I have two red sabers so I usually go with blue or yellow. If you really only want a couple different colors do quick disconnects. Those are my thoughts anyway. RGB is cool, but it's steep up front. QDs are cheaper at first but can add up.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 05:46:58 AM »

So what I understood was, Since I will really only be using Green and Red and don't want a million buttons (and only on one of the War Glaives), QD will be better and cheaper. I just obviously will have a little assembly to change colors. Sounds good to me. Thanks much.

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: