Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Customized Dominix LE V2  (Read 7058 times)
AMK
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 10:46:51 PM »

do those claws fit in the blade retention screw hole of the Dominix or did you have to make new holes for the claws?

dark side points please

Jedi_Grevan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 01:13:59 AM »

Awesome saber man......claws is sick n the work on the letterin is excellent.....

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you." Yoda

Darth Vapour
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -98

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »

do those claws fit in the blade retention screw hole of the Dominix or did you have to make new holes for the claws?

The dominix has 2 retention screw holes on the side directly opposite the switch side, I used the bottom one for the claw. I used masking tape around the emitter section and measured and marked the other two holes and drilled and tapped them. I used a peice of pvc pipe around the emitter with a predrilled hole as a 'guide' and to prevent slipping. The 8-32 screw fit through one claw hole but I had to tap the other two claws through their existing holes.

"WRATH" Overlord PO Obsidian
"ICE" Customized Liberator AB Obsidian
"Fire" Dark Liberator BR
Hasbro Vader FX
Aeon V2 SY, Consular CG,
"Guardian" Customised SI V2 GB
Custom built Shock CG with obsidian FO FOC
Custom Yari staff BR

enoled01
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 08:55:20 PM »

If you dont mind can you tell me how you attached the claws? I along with a few others are wondering how to screw them on without srewing up (pun intended) Smiley

Sabers:
Dominix v3 GB flash AB
Pantom v2 CG (in progress)

Darth Vapour
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -98

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »

The claws use an 8-32 screw to hold them in place. The bottom existing retention screw hole opposite the switch side was my first claw attachment site.

1. Marking
First get a strip of paper/ribbon to measure out the circumference of the emitter section so you can mark out three equally spaced marks. Use this to mark a piece of masking tape, or mark the tape to start with. Put the tape around the emitter lining up one mark with the retention screw hole and being careful to have the marks at equal height. You can always double check by measuring the distance from the top of the emitter to the mark.

2. Preventing Slippage of the drill
I have found that using a nail or wood screw and a hammer you can "dent" mark the spot to be drilled. This helps a little in stopping slipping
The other thing to do is get a piece of PVC that can wrap around the emitter, predrill a hole in it and it will act as a guide. you will need to line up the hole with the marked drill site. Again this helps prevent slippage.

3. Drilling and Tapping
You will need an 8-32 drill and tap set. Drill the hole through the pvc guide hole trying to make sure the drill is vertical. Tap the hole. You can find tips on drilling and tapping online.

4. Screw claws in place with 8-32 screw. You need to hold onto the claw firmly, as when you tighten the scews it tends to want to rotate.

Ideally you can drill a depression above each screw hole for where the little plug thingy that comes with the claws will sit in to prevent rotation. Obviously you would need to position it perfectly. I didn't bother.

Cheers

"WRATH" Overlord PO Obsidian
"ICE" Customized Liberator AB Obsidian
"Fire" Dark Liberator BR
Hasbro Vader FX
Aeon V2 SY, Consular CG,
"Guardian" Customised SI V2 GB
Custom built Shock CG with obsidian FO FOC
Custom Yari staff BR

enoled01
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 12:19:35 AM »

Thank you ill be sure to pass this information on to anyone else who also need it (points for you!)

Sabers:
Dominix v3 GB flash AB
Pantom v2 CG (in progress)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 06:57:04 PM »

AMAZE-BALLS!!! This really gives me some food for thought on my own Dominix mod!! Add some weathering to that and your saber is complete

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 07:44:15 PM »

Hi.  The original post is from 2012.  Glad that you found something useful.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: