Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Product Idea!  (Read 2929 times)
Natalia
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 07, 2011, 02:35:50 AM »

How about selling some pommels for the various hilts with a 7/8 inch hole drilled all the way through, for builds where sound will be added.  It worked out great for my custom Aeon build, but most folks probably don't have a machinist they can bug to do stuff like that.  It's pretty easy to glue in whatever kind of speaker grille you want to use, so nothing would need to be offerred there, just pommels with the hole through them. 

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 02:57:00 AM »

that's actually a pretty good idea since most of US hilts aren't compatable with TCSS pommels. if offered i'd probly get one or two

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Luc ar
Knight Lance Corporal

In the Force we trust

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 11:06:16 PM »

that a darn good idea and it will save me alot of trouble  Wink

Custom Omen - Blazing red  
Custom Dark Initiate v2 - Blazing red

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »

i have an idea. How about a blade that works in the new force fx removables and has the led below the blade. that way you save money  on having it converted and can still have the old blade too

Gchu149
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 05:14:48 AM »

i have an idea. How about a blade that works in the new force fx removables and has the led below the blade. that way you save money  on having it converted and can still have the old blade too

The removable blades use a pin connector to connect the blade to the batteries. An LED has specific solder pads to which only 2 wires need to be attached, so the concept, while a good idea, due to the differing technology used wouldn't be possible. And also, if the LED was directly attatched to the blade, it would decrease durability and ease of replacing blades with a different type (let alone melt the glue perhaps and make it impossible to replace the film if necessary), and make new blades much more expensive.

Gchu149 of fx-sabers
"Darth" of SMHS Jazz band

Gchu149
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 05:16:32 AM »

How about selling some pommels for the various hilts with a 7/8 inch hole drilled all the way through, for builds where sound will be added.  It worked out great for my custom Aeon build, but most folks probably don't have a machinist they can bug to do stuff like that.  It's pretty easy to glue in whatever kind of speaker grille you want to use, so nothing would need to be offerred there, just pommels with the hole through them. 

Exuse the double post.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for Ultrasabers to offer drilling sound holes (rather than a single hole) for a extra price?

Gchu149 of fx-sabers
"Darth" of SMHS Jazz band

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 05:55:10 AM »

I've found the fellows here to be open to just about any request, so if it can be done, they'll likely work with you on it.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: