Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Getting a Costume.  (Read 6948 times)
ahdover
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« on: July 27, 2012, 06:55:42 AM »

Where do you buy a costume?

Thanks.

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »

Where do you buy a costume?

Thanks.
I make mine. Saves a ton of money and it gives quite a sense of accomplishment when someone compliments it or asks where you got it.

There are some decent sites out there but first we would need to know what kind of a costume you are in the market for.

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Martyr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »

I recommend you buy one or make one out of stuff you have at home!

"Only heroes die. Villains and cowards are left to suffer."

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »

I make mine. Saves a ton of money and it gives quite a sense of accomplishment when someone compliments it or asks where you got it.

This. In addition, you can put in changes to the costume during the sewing process that you normally couldn't incorporate into an update. Different materials. Trim. Different colors, etc.

There are some decent sites out there but first we would need to know what kind of a costume you are in the market for.

Or if you're up to the challenge of sewing your own, I recommend the Simplicity 5840 pattern.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 12:43:35 PM »

If your not good with sewing and god knows I am NOT!  Here are a few choices:

MystikMerchants.com
twinrosesdesigns.com
museumreplicas.com

Check these addresses out and see which one has what you might need........I am looking a Mystik Merchants to do me a black Sith style cloak Smiley

Now for boots and other accessories you will have to try places like ebay, google, or even here in the threads (research, research, research)

Hope this helps you on the right track my friend Smiley

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

ahdover
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 09:30:25 AM »

how do you make one?

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 08:05:04 PM »

This. In addition, you can put in changes to the costume during the sewing process that you normally couldn't incorporate into an update. Different materials. Trim. Different colors, etc.

Or if you're up to the challenge of sewing your own, I recommend the Simplicity 5840 pattern.

That's the pattern I used for my tunic. I adapted it an. The sash a little bit. Made my own tabards and obi as well as the robe. Making a light side version this week actually.

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »

You could also use

http://www.across-the-galaxy.com/
or
http://www.corellianimports.com/
or
http://cosplaysky.com/

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »

on esty, look up Eileen Woolf, or something. She does amazing and fast and cheap work. plus she makes it to your measurements.

ahdover
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 07:26:47 AM »

I cannot find Eileen Woolf anywhere.

Killic
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »

I cannot find Eileen Woolf anywhere.

I think the name is Eileen Wolan, but will check in a minute and update.

edit: The handle is 219eileen.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:28:15 AM by Killic » Logged

Sabers: FO  Dominix V2 aka Torch
              FO Dominix V3 aka Flame Brand

BrainySmurf
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 03:20:21 PM »

You can always try http://www.jedi-robe.com/ if you are looking for a replica uniform. They are pretty heavy on the pocket though...

First shipment: Grab Bag (colour requested) Aeon GB - Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 with Sound VA
Second shipment: Consular with Sound CG - Phantom V2 BR (a little sith in all of us) - 2x Grab bag Aeon

Light side points please Smiley

Eiyame
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 92

If you want a costume PLEASE message me on Etsy

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »

twinroses are good but they can be costly. They charge $25 and hour. Some costume makers will change less.

Etsy is a good place to find some costume makers. But many of them including myself only do costumes on commission there fore the shop itself is empty.

Its better to have a costume made for you or buy you. It will last longer than a costume you buy from a large costume corporation.   

Making your own costume requires...

Pattern - for Jedi you will want Simplicity Pattern http://www.simplicity.com/p-2272-misses-men-teen-costumes.aspx

Fabric
- You will find out how much you need buy reading the pattern

Sewing Machine
- You can do it by hand but it will take you a year

Patience
- It takes time, go slow and make sure everything is right

Dressmakers Dummy - How to make your own: http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/3659/clone-yourself-a-fitting-assistant/page/all
The dressmakers dummy is a need to have if you are working by yourself.

If you haven't ever made a costume before spend some time on the internet reading. There are many how to websites out there with helpful tips and tricks.

Warning Pattern instructions are confusing. You will need to read them a few times.

Also be warned your first sewing project will not come out how you want it. It takes some time to learn. Use easy fabrics, cotton, and polyester.

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE. I VARY VARY RARELY LOG IN ANYMORE SINCE I AM SO BUSY. PLEASE MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK OR ETSY TO GET A HOLD OF ME.

For Costume Information: http://etsy.com/shop/aetherealdesigns
For Ęthereal Designs Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AEtherealDesigns

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »

Use easy fabrics, cotton, and polyester.

As someone who has learned from spending all day long in a costume at a Renaissance Festival, I can tell you that you do not want polyester, a poly blend, or any other man-made material (such as nylon, spandex, or lycra). They don't allow for breathing very well, so you will sweat more. Cottons, light wools, and other natural fabrics like muslin are ideally suited for long-term costume wear, as they breathe a lot better.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »

As someone who has learned from spending all day long in a costume at a Renaissance Festival, I can tell you that you do not want polyester, a poly blend, or any other man-made material (such as nylon, spandex, or lycra). They don't allow for breathing very well, so you will sweat more. Cottons, light wools, and other natural fabrics like muslin are ideally suited for long-term costume wear, as they breathe a lot better.

Or naked.

The wind blowing across the skin...so refreshing.

Roll Eyes

Kidding of course...the Tex'ass sun would bring you to your nekid knees in minutes lol.

Completely agreed to the natural fibers for an outside or extended wear costume.

If you are going for a look that can only come from a man-made fiber...due to texture, color, or pattern...then consider using this aspect as a sheath or most outer aspect garment.

Best of luck and success with the project!

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: