Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 662844 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #480 on: December 01, 2012, 07:48:26 AM »

Just to let you guys know.  the grabs don't come with sound.  There can be some pretty cool ones but none, except the chosen one, have sound.  just a quick note for the newer guys.

I can't wait to see Saint's grab bags though.  thats gonna be cool.

I have personally boxed and shipped at least 10 Grab Bags with sound (not on accident).  So Grab Bag can have sound.  But the odds are that happening are very, very, very, very, very slim.  Don't expect it.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »

Hmm. Apparently some very lucky people are either good at keeping secrets, or otherwise more likely aren't on the forum. lol Thanks for the info, Deep! Pretty cool to know!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #482 on: December 01, 2012, 04:45:59 PM »

I have personally boxed and shipped at least 10 Grab Bags with sound (not on accident).  So Grab Bag can have sound.  But the odds are that happening are very, very, very, very, very slim.  Don't expect it.

Well I guess I was wrong.  although I do foresee a large amount of grab bag orders incoming due to this information.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #483 on: December 01, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »

Placed order for my grab bag 2 days ago, now today there is a sale.  Last time I placed an order was a few days before the black friday sale.  I think I should announce when I am ordering something, so people know to wait a few days cause there will be a sale after I place my order.

What would the opposite of luck be?  Cause I have it!  Oh well love my Ultra Sabers and I'm still happy with them cause the prices are the best around anyways.

A paragon and true believer in the powers of good...

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #484 on: December 01, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »

Hey, that happens to all of us, Christovski. I can't count how many times it's happened. lol Best way is pretty much what you said. To put my own wording on it: 'An Ultrasaber for a SW fan is a blessing. An Ultrasaber for a SW fan on sale is two blessings. Neither is a bad thing.' lol

Nekesus, you're probably right. And don't feel bad about being wrong, everybody I've ever talked to believed that sound in a Grab Bag was not something that happened. We only knew of the two occasions, and had all sort of assumed it wasn't done. Either way, as Deep said, not very many go out, so it's still pretty legendary if you land one. Smiley Good luck to those with Grab Bags incoming!

I am not a color...

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #485 on: December 01, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »

Yeah.  I'll probably be getting one for christmas or for my birthday since they're around the same time.  so i'll have to tell my mom about this sale.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

XWX
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #486 on: December 01, 2012, 10:12:25 PM »

Good greif, another sale? *Sigh* Just as I promised myself I would actually start saving my money -.-

Christovski, I'm in the same boat as you, I just got my grab bag yesterday, put in the order a few days before that.

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #487 on: December 01, 2012, 10:15:04 PM »

Can;t beat the price for the grab bags, good start for anyone's collection!  I'm hoping since I ordered my first saber in CG, then received my totally random grab bag in CG, that my new totally random grab bag will be a color other than CG!  I personally appreciate the randomness, it can lead to interesting combinations you might not think of otherwise!  Like that GB Dominix posted earlier, blue looks so snazz with the all black hilt, wouldn't have thought of that combo before.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #488 on: December 01, 2012, 10:19:34 PM »

I've gotten a lot of Green hilts too, though for random events unrelated to grab bags. I'm beginning to think Nero is behind it somehow....  lol

I am not a color...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #489 on: December 01, 2012, 11:29:24 PM »

I've gotten a lot of Green hilts too, though for random events unrelated to grab bags. I'm beginning to think Nero is behind it somehow....  lol

Mwahaha... my influence grows...  Roll Eyes

Mordschlag
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 8

any points are good points

« Reply #490 on: December 01, 2012, 11:38:03 PM »

Well, that Dominix v2 grab bag changed my mind a little. I really like it because it's so slim and plain. The black plating is beautiful and makes it feel slightly different than the straight aluminum hilt I have. I went through US's site again last night looking around. There is not a single hilt I would dislike now knowing what I do about the slim and plain-ish Dominix V2. As a matter of fact for me now it is just a matter of how many doo-dads are attached to the hilt.

I bet your right about the hilt boxes Manroon. They would give a hand some seating ability.

I am now simply uniformly excited about my next Grab Bag getting here Tuesday of next week. Whatever it is will be amazing.

I tried something with this last grab bag order, in the comments box I put "How about something interesting for me?". If it was ignored, I still get a saber hilt, if it was heeded, then maybe I'll get something well, interesting. Maybe an RGB with only one working button/LED, heck, maybe a trashed yari extender and an Initiate. It's all good.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #491 on: December 02, 2012, 12:01:13 AM »

Oh my word, I dunno what I'd do if I ordered a Grab Bag and it came with a Yari Extension. I'd die of the awesome. lol

@Nero: I suppose it's fitting I have so much of my Master's preferred blade color, isn't it? lol Still. My personal colors shall remain SRD, FO, and SY. In that order. Such has Manroon's history been written.  Cool Though If I ever come across something that meets my mind's eye of Ice Blue (something halfway between AB and AS with the Blue Disc in it) that will also be part of the list, I think. Wink

I am not a color...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #492 on: December 02, 2012, 12:03:28 AM »

@Nero: I suppose it's fitting I have so much of my Master's preferred blade color, isn't it? lol Still. My personal colors shall remain SRD, FO, and SY. In that order. Such has Manroon's history been written.  Cool Though If I ever come across something that meets my mind's eye of Ice Blue (something halfway between AB and AS with the Blue Disc in it) that will also be part of the list, I think. Wink

It is fitting!  It's cool to see that you still love FO so much, since it's not a terribly popular color on here (from what I've seen anyway).

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #493 on: December 02, 2012, 01:27:00 AM »

I think I'd like to get a FO saber in the near future, I got a nice orange Gamcolor filter I put in my Adegan Silver Dark Initiate V3 that looks rather good, I like the 'torch light' color of the hue, it is very much a fire orange!

The color discs that came with it were pretty meh, but the yellow one does a very convincing Sentinel yellow, though dimmer of course because it is a filter on a white LED instead of actually yellow.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #494 on: December 02, 2012, 04:07:16 AM »

It is fitting!  It's cool to see that you still love FO so much, since it's not a terribly popular color on here (from what I've seen anyway).

Yeah, FO is a really underrated color. It looks fantastic! I really need to rip that POS Econo board back out of my Prophecy so I can start running the color again. That saber was a blast with the Econo sound and flicker effects, but it just never works. Too fragile. I think I've only managed to swap batteries without breaking it somehow twice. lol Just not enough space, and selling it to buy a V3 CE (whenever they come out) with all the bells and whistles just doesn't make much financial sense to me.

I am not a color...

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: