Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 664226 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #495 on: December 02, 2012, 04:20:14 AM »

Yeah, FO is a really underrated color. It looks fantastic! I really need to rip that POS Econo board back out of my Prophecy so I can start running the color again. That saber was a blast with the Econo sound and flicker effects, but it just never works. Too fragile. I think I've only managed to swap batteries without breaking it somehow twice. lol Just not enough space, and selling it to buy a V3 CE (whenever they come out) with all the bells and whistles just doesn't make much financial sense to me.

At the very least keep the old one (since it's your baby!) and think about saving up for the V3 version down the road.  The V3 edition really is excellent... I actually find it superior to the V2.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #496 on: December 02, 2012, 04:37:25 AM »

I'll admit, I want a V3... I love those bells and whistles, but I can't justify another duplicate hilt, and even if I could I do have that old plan for a Dark Proph V3 sanded into a Dark LE style with a DVA Blade and Green AV switch. No idea on the FoC color. lol And of course, now it would need recharge as well. I think I've more or less dropped that plan though. As the GF and several others have pointed out, I have plenty of sabers, and another incoming soon. It's likely the Graflex will end out my last real saber purchase, with only an occasional Grab Bag or custom build after that. Because I do want to do another custom build / conversion. Wink Plus, I'm just a little sentimental. Constance and Toepick were my first Ultras.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #497 on: December 02, 2012, 06:44:11 AM »

my favorite thing is that the mods are off topic Cheesy

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #498 on: December 02, 2012, 07:09:59 AM »

That's always amusing, isn't it? Wink

Although I really do think that this topic thing would be good to get back to....

no

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #499 on: December 02, 2012, 04:17:51 PM »

Yeah I found that funny too.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #500 on: December 03, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I got an Aeon (v1 I think) on friday.  Can't believe it arrived so quick after just ordering it on monday - and I live in the UK - v v impressed!

I ordered a grab bag as I missed out getting a graflex in the sales, had no idea what to get, but really wanted a saber of some form.  That morning the grab bags returned so figured that was fate!  Ordered one with a mid grade blade but left the choice of colour to the force as I figure on getting a graflex or a guardian in blue in the near future but dodn't have any further preferences.

When it arrived at work I opened it up at my desk with everyone looking on, and I have to admit I was a little disappointed to see it was an older, lower rate saber through the bubble wrap (considering I would have saved myself $1 had I ordered it outright rather than as a grab bag).  However as soon as I turned it on I was very happy!  I've not owned a saber before, so the feel of it, the weight of it and the general look of it was new to me and I couldn't have been more pleased.

This will not be the last lightsaber I purchase from Ultrasabers, and the way in which the business cards left my desk within minutes, and the amount of people I've talked to about it I'm fairly certain that there will be a few more sabers winging their way to Belfast in the near future. Personally I am looking to save up for a Guardian with sound and a Guardian blue UltraEdge blade and silver FoC and a blue illuminated AV switch.  In the meantime I will happily while away the hours with my Aeon and try and learn a few techniques.

Scram

I will post pics as soon as I've worked out how to.

Thanks

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #501 on: December 03, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »

Hi again,

I think I found out how to do it, although to be honest the pics were probably not worth the effort I spent trying to work it out I'm afraid.

Anyway - Here is my very first Lightsaber - my Aeon with Consular Green:

Scram

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #502 on: December 03, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »

Right on, Scram! She's a beaut! I love the CG but note that I am extremely biased! Cheesy

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #503 on: December 03, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »

Right on, Scram! She's a beaut! I love the CG but note that I am extremely biased! Cheesy

Cheers mate!  I was never sure of a green saber to be honest unless it was on a Qui-Gon type hilt, but I was just really taken back by how good it looks.  I love the way it comes out so bright on the pictures - and that was striaght out og the box without having to chnage the batteries.

It's definitely changed my thoughts about Green sabers, and made me hunger for more products from Ultrasabers!

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #504 on: December 03, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »

Yep, that's an Aeon V2 (there was no V1). A point for you.

no

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #505 on: December 03, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »

Yep, that's an Aeon V2 (there was no V1). A point for you.

Ah ok - I'm sorry about that.  Still I'm happy as larry about it whatever it's called!!

Point to you for keeping me on the right path...

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #506 on: December 03, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »

Tech-a-ni-forically, it is an Aeon V2 LE. Wink And it looks darned pretty to boot, nice score!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

XWX
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #507 on: December 04, 2012, 07:48:18 AM »

Very nice! I have the same saber, only not out of a grab bag, very happy with the hilt, I like how thin it is, although mine is modified a bit now!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #508 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:36 PM »

Tech-a-ni-forically, it is an Aeon V2 LE. Wink And it looks darned pretty to boot, nice score!

What's funny is, there was never a V1 version... but you're right, definitely an Aeon V2 LE.

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #509 on: December 04, 2012, 01:46:55 PM »

What's funny is, there was never a V1 version... but you're right, definitely an Aeon V2 LE.

Didn't they just spray paint the old dominix's silver and call it good? lol

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: