Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 662852 times)
bruzer79
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #585 on: January 07, 2013, 08:19:13 PM »

I've gotten 3 grab bags now, and each of them has been a Dominix V2 - all in the same LED color - Guardian Blue.

Im on the fence. I love the saber, but wish my random was a little more..well..random.

The far right saber, I've obviously scratched up trying to get the switch out so I could see how it was wired. The others are pretty flawless.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #586 on: January 07, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »

I've gotten 3 grab bags now, and each of them has been a Dominix V2 - all in the same LED color - Guardian Blue.

Im on the fence. I love the saber, but wish my random was a little more..well..random.

The far right saber, I've obviously scratched up trying to get the switch out so I could see how it was wired. The others are pretty flawless.

Someone get this man a staff coupler!! That is odd that you got the same saber three times though - that's definitely the stranger side of random! All the same, they look great!  Cheesy

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

dhenwood
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 28

« Reply #587 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »

definitely need a coupler for those of versions some weathering and gold painted rings would make the standard look great imo

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
()={i i][llll][  o{ii[}}] | ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: )
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #588 on: January 08, 2013, 12:43:37 AM »

You could give one to a friend or relative who likes star wars for a birthday or something.. it would blow their mind to get something that cool. OR what I was thinking is you could attach a D-ring or Covertec wheel to them and wear all three on a costume sort of like Starkiller. You could customize each one with different stuff like a wrap on one and weathering/battle scarring on another and you could add a claw to one. Another option would be to buy an LED module (not the MLS unit, those won't fit in that hilt) and choose your own color, then you just pull the one color out and save it for a future project and put the new one in. Well, there's a little more to it than that, you need the right amount of current, don't want to blow out a red LED on a blue LED set up, but it wouldn't be too hard.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

gebeji
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

Bashtaari - Jedi Consular

« Reply #589 on: January 08, 2013, 01:56:59 AM »

Very excited to get my first ultrasaber today  Grin
I chose a grab bag first to see the quality of the hilt and the durability and intensity of the heavy ultraedge blade (figured i should be better safe than sorry) before investing more money in one with sound (although i may end up doing it myself if it's not too complicated to pull off  Roll Eyes)
I didn't score big (in fact i probably only saved 5-10$ from the cost of directly buying it), but i'm pretty happy with the Initiate V2 in GB i got (hope i got the lingo right Wink), it only has a couple of small, barely visible on the metallic finish, scratches near the pommel, which i will cover when i customize it for my girlfriend's son.
Here's some pics  Cool

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #590 on: January 08, 2013, 02:01:14 AM »

Very excited to get my first ultrasaber today  Grin
I chose a grab bag first to see the quality of the hilt and the durability and intensity of the heavy ultraedge blade (figured i should be better safe than sorry) before investing more money in one with sound (although i may end up doing it myself if it's not too complicated to pull off  Roll Eyes)
I didn't score big (in fact i probably only saved 5-10$ from the cost of directly buying it), but i'm pretty happy with the Initiate V2 in GB i got (hope i got the lingo right Wink), it only has a couple of small, barely visible on the metallic finish, scratches near the pommel, which i will cover when i customize it for my girlfriend's son.
Not to be rude, but that is an Aeon V2. The Aeon/Dominixs have longer hilts than the Initiates.

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #591 on: January 08, 2013, 02:03:53 AM »

what you have there is a Aeon v2 not an initiate. the initiate hilt is in the area of 9 inches long and the Aeon is around 12 inches. a very nice dueling saber and also a very popular one. i'm pretty sure your girlfriends son will love it one way or the other.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #592 on: January 08, 2013, 02:04:38 AM »

what you have there is a Aeon v2 not an initiate. the initiate hilt is in the area of 9 inches long and the Aeon is around 12 inches. a very nice dueling saber and also a very popular one. i'm pretty sure your girlfriends son will love it one way or the other.

Not to be rude, but that is an Aeon V2. The Aeon/Dominixs have longer hilts than the Initiates.

They speak the truth!  I know an Aeon V2 when I see one, simply because my girlfriend prefers that hilt (also in blue!)

swords4two
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 93

Fear offers the man nothing!

« Reply #593 on: January 08, 2013, 02:35:10 AM »

You can also customize your dominixes and get a coupler for sure! I did this to my dom heck thats whats great about grab bags:)

A life half lived is not a life lived at all.
Fear offers the man Nothing.

Maticore, SY Obsidian
Phantasm Initiate CG Obsidian
Overlord AS Obsidian
Overlord AS stunt
Crimson Reaper FO
Malice BR stunt
Dark Monarch VA stunt
Dominix LE GB stunt
Aeon CG stunt

gebeji
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

Bashtaari - Jedi Consular

« Reply #594 on: January 08, 2013, 02:50:04 AM »

(@Sandtracker and Master Nero too) I stand corrected  Embarrassed, i stopped checking as soon as i saw the Initiate, i didn't notice the Aeon with a longer hilt  Grin
I'm sure he will like it too  Grin
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:57:05 AM by gebeji » Logged

bruzer79
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #595 on: January 08, 2013, 04:01:21 AM »

You could give one to a friend or relative who likes star wars for a birthday or something.. it would blow their mind to get something that cool. OR what I was thinking is you could attach a D-ring or Covertec wheel to them and wear all three on a costume sort of like Starkiller. You could customize each one with different stuff like a wrap on one and weathering/battle scarring on another and you could add a claw to one. Another option would be to buy an LED module (not the MLS unit, those won't fit in that hilt) and choose your own color, then you just pull the one color out and save it for a future project and put the new one in. Well, there's a little more to it than that, you need the right amount of current, don't want to blow out a red LED on a blue LED set up, but it wouldn't be too hard.

Oddly enough Akos_Amun, I ALSO just bought a friend a DIY Dominix LE v2 for xmas in Blazing Red, so that's a total of 4! Dominix v2's that have been shipped here in the last 3weeks haha. At least his was meant to be a dominix Smiley

My first one does have a covertec clip. Im probably gonna follow eerock's advice and get the coupler and make it a staff. I have to figure out what size blades to order too since I havent gotten any as of yet. It looks like the phantom says it comes with 32" blades but I cant find that part on the website. The other non-LE will get a 36" blade for sure.

Ian
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #596 on: January 11, 2013, 01:10:53 PM »

My first grab bag, and my second ultrasaber, arrived earlier today. I got and Aeon v2 in GB, with I think the 36" blade. Here it is below next to the Initiate v3 LE, in AB with the Initiate blade, that I got myself for christmas. I didn't bother photographing both of them lit up as they appear almost identical on my lame phone cam. They are very different in person, though. Photos do NOT do them justice. I have to admit I was hoping for a different colour entirely instead of a different shade of blue, but I am not disapointed in the least! In fact, I'm not even sure which of the blue's I like better... they're just soooo preeeetty... Tongue

As you can see, the Aeon is a lot slimmer, and longer, than my Initiate, but I was actually most surprised at how much lighter the Aeon was (even without the extra weight of the Bellicose pommel! Cheesy). This seems to make the extra weight of the longer (and thereby heavier) blade a bit more noticeable.
Totally got to pimp that Aeon hilt, now.  Cool

Man that blade is long, though only because I'm so short, and probably too used to the Initiate blade now... except, NOW I feel the Initiate blade is a bit too short for me. I'll probably grab a 32" with my next purchase... my birthday IS coming up soon, so I'm gonna have to start saving. Grin

Now, it's just gone midnight here, so I'm gonna go ahead and open the ancient holocron I stumbled onto in my travels today... The Book of Sith!
Dude, it's totally safe, I've got two blue sabers! I'm totally not gonna fall to the dark side...  Roll Eyes

... one last note, however; as far as AS and filters go, and considering the little 'crystal' the BoS comes with, I can't help but wonder if anyone has tried using an actual coloured crystal instead of a filter before...? Just for the novelty factor.  Tongue
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:17:09 PM by Ian » Logged

Foe-Hammer
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #597 on: January 11, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »

Hi,
 Thought i'd post up my 1st order from US. I got 2 GBs and think I did pretty well.
I got a Dominix V2 with SD (I think) and a Aeon V2 with GB.

I'll post a full review in the review thread soon.

Dominix V2 - SD - Grab Bag
Aeon V2 - AB - Grab Bag
Monarch - BR - BR AV Switch - VA Foc
Manticore - CG - AS FoC
Guardian - GB - GB AV Switch.

Doxyc
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #598 on: January 24, 2013, 01:36:33 AM »

I'm considering getting a grab bag for my first saber and was wondering if you can choose DVA? Would I just have to choose the VA option and then buy the additional 5 Requisition Charge's like you would for a custom saber?

Don't be afraid of the light, Darkness is not born out of Darkness.
-Dominix V3 LE: Dark Violet Amethyst, w/ Blue Illuminated AV.
-Dominix V2: Guardian Blue.
-Dominix V2: RGB.
-Aeon V2: Sunrider's Destiny.
Dark points would be very much so appreciated.

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #599 on: January 24, 2013, 01:49:01 AM »

Good question! While I don't know the "official" answer I would assume most likely not as DVA is a by request option on regular saber purchases, so I would doubt there are many just lying around. Grab bags started as just plain random, then they offered a choose your desired color option for a little extra, but I don't see them making a lot of extra effort for a grab bag, the point is that it's cheaper because they have less to worry about. I have both VA and DVA and either my VA is leaning toward being DVA or my DVA is a little rosy but they are pretty close to the same. I know others have had a big difference in the color, but for me they are similar enough that others wouldn't really notice. I think you'll enjoy VA honestly, it's a great color.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: