Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 663642 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1605 on: August 06, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »

Magik, that's a great grab bag!  Wow, I really want to order one after seeing all these Liberators and now a Prophecy...

The retention screws are 8/32.

There are sources online that sell knurled screws that fit in various colors.  0.3 inches long is optimal with 8/32 threading.  Fits like a charm.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #1606 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:28 PM »

I placed another order today and got a grab bag to go with it.  I'm stoked!  Can't wait to see what I get, hoping for a Lib/Dark Lib, or I'd LOVE a Dark Prophecy to go with my Obsidian Prophecy V3 that I got last week; make a good "evil twin."

Regarding the knurled thumbscrews, I emailed Emory a few days ago to see if US sells them seperately but haven't heard back.  No big deal as I'm sure they are slammed this week with orders and recovering from Comic Con.

I did find that you can order them in either brass or stainless from Home Depot.  They come in 2 or 3 packs for about $1.00!

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #1607 on: August 08, 2014, 09:07:25 PM »

So, ordered another grab bag with some extra blades and other smalls yesterday about this same time.  Just checked on the order and...shipped!  Wow!  US is back on their game quickly after extensive travels and filling hundreds of orders in the last week!  Thanks UltraSabers!

And now...the part...that...we all......hate......

Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

kidfisto
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1608 on: August 09, 2014, 05:01:52 AM »

kidfisto
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1609 on: August 09, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »

My grab bag was a Aeon v3 in FO. And I add a leather grip. Grin

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1610 on: August 09, 2014, 05:05:40 AM »

Grab Bag (Dark Prophecy CG) + old stormtrooper helmet.. (needs some sfx work)

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #1611 on: August 09, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »

Received my 2nd grab bag order in the mail today and I am SUPER happy, its...  A Liberator!  I liked the look of the Liberator from the beginning because it's simple and classy with the smooth hand grip and that awesome emitter.  Once I pulled this thing out and handled it, WOW!  The purpose of this grab bag was to try out the Adegan Silver color (which I chose @ order), plus I wanted something sleek that I could use for practice without messing up my new Obsidian Prophecy.  Well, this delivers in every possible way and I love the feel of this hilt in my hands.  I mixed the orange and pink filters together with a 32 inch Ultraedge blade and it makes a nice Peach Sherbet color that I really like.  Picture doesn't look great, but I really like it in person.  Kind of a happy orange and makes me want ice cream!

Thank you, UltraSabers!  Two grab bags, and both were exactly what I needed.  Pictured below with my first grab bag, Aeon V2 LE in BR for my son's upcoming birthday.  This thing has been hiding in my office so he doesn't find it in the closet!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1612 on: August 09, 2014, 10:59:53 PM »

Ziran Le I loved giving my son his lightsaber, it was too fun!  I wish I could do it again, and I kind of am!  I'm pretty sure im sending in his Prophecy to upgrade it to a blue illuminated AV switch and also ad FoC, and hopefully will time it right to give it back to him on his birthday(turning 7) as a surprise this Feb.  It's too far away!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #1613 on: August 09, 2014, 11:28:46 PM »

Awesome!  Yeah, both of my kiddos have October birthdays and they are each getting a Dominix LE V2 this year.  Red for my son who's turning 5, and C. Green for my daughter turning 8.  Wanted to get the same hilts so that they don't argue over them, haha.  No sound, just stunt for them but we'll see.  If they actually use them, maybe one with sound in the future.  I ordered them a couple of weeks ago thinking it might take a while to get them in since the website says 2-3 weeks plus shipping time; yeah right!  Dominix has been sitting in my office just waiting for October now, haha.

UltraSabers hooked it up.  The red Dom for my son was a grab bag and so when I ordered it in BR color I dropped a comment in with the order asking, "could you hook up a black hilt of some kind for a little boy who likes Darth Vader?"  Sure enough, Dominix shows up, perfect!  He's gonna love it.  I still can't get over how bright the BR is, even with a standard 4xAAA battery setup.  It's as bright as my L-Ion saber, I think.  Much brighter than the other colors that I have in AAA battery setups.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #1614 on: August 09, 2014, 11:50:09 PM »

That peach color you have going looks neat.  Congrats on the Libby, glad you are enjoying it!

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #1615 on: August 10, 2014, 12:30:32 AM »

That peach color you have going looks neat.  Congrats on the Libby, glad you are enjoying it!

I know that you don't care for the Liberator so much Prowl, but I like it a lot, mostly for the feel of it.  For an entry-level package or for someone planning to order their first UltraSaber, this is going to be my new recommendation.

Things I learned:  1.  I like grab bags  2.  I REALLY like the Liberator  3.  Comparing UE blades to regular blades, UE makes everything look like "sherbet"  4.  I REALLY like Orange blades  5.  If you order an AS blade in a stunt saber, pay extra and get the L-Ion batteries.  Using filters does indeed make the blade more dim.  This one just might head back to USHQ for an upgrade to L-Ion, now that I know how much I like the hilt.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #1616 on: August 10, 2014, 12:50:26 AM »

I don't mind the libby hilts, the emitter is really nice on them.  The only problem I had with mine was that the two horizontal grooves on it irritated my hands a lot.  The design looks nice.  I also like orange hilts, especially with a standard mid grade blade. I have fire orange and Pyrostone orange sabers, both colors are nice.  Grab bags are a great choice for new people and when you are not sure what you want.  You can even pay $10 in req fees and request a random forum color if you want.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #1617 on: August 10, 2014, 03:30:18 AM »

I think that overall I prefer the midgrade blade, but, since this one is a standard AAA battery setup, and it's filtered AS instead of a colored LED, the UltraEdge blade actually looks better IMO.  It looks like a big, orange creamsicle, haha.  L-Ion battery setup would be much brighter of course, as would a regular LED in an orange color without filters.  I'm liking this so far, especially for practicing on the driveway at night; doesn't blind you in the dark.

Grin

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1618 on: August 12, 2014, 12:44:13 AM »

Got my 2nd Grab Bag (raffle 4th place prize) saber today.

Dark Prophecy in BR

So, for me that is 2 Grab Bags.. 2 Dark Prophecies!  Smiley

But I ponied up to have Obsidan sound added to this one (without knowing what it was) and I think I got super-lucky!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #1619 on: August 12, 2014, 01:05:58 AM »

wow nice score on the 2 dark prophecies

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print