Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 663133 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2355 on: August 04, 2016, 03:24:26 AM »

Well, now you have two of them.  With UltraSabers, that's never a bad thing.  Plus, as you said, it's a windowed LE with an AV switch, so I'd call that a good deal.  Smiley

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2356 on: August 09, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »

Wow! Finally got my package. All in all, turn around time was great considering I ordered close to the weekend. I'm just impatient. So here it is! There's another one that's not pictured yet.
[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2357 on: August 09, 2016, 07:50:11 PM »

I don't see any pictures.  Though, I see you posted them to Facebook, (I hit Quote on your reply) which isn't the best place to post images for use on other sites.  Free image sites like Flickr or Photobucket or free cloud storage space sites like Dropbox work better.

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2358 on: August 09, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »

I don't see any pictures.  Though, I see you posted them to Facebook, (I hit Quote on your reply) which isn't the best place to post images for use on other sites.  Free image sites like Flickr or Photobucket or free cloud storage space sites like Dropbox work better.

Still trying to figure this out exactly...

Agh! Hyperlink to my brand new photobucket?
http://s32.photobucket.com/user/SamuraitigerBenji/library/US%20Grab%20Bag?sort=3&page=1
Yeah, that works.  Tongue

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2359 on: August 09, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »

Still trying to figure this out exactly...

Agh! Hyperlink to my brand new photobucket?

Nice.

Way to go Benji.

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2360 on: August 09, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »

Nice.

Way to go Benji.

+1

Thank you. Now updated with standard shots of second saber (The blade is actually silver with the color discs) Also added them to an album.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2361 on: August 09, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »

Thank you. Now updated with standard shots of second saber (The blade is actually silver with the color discs) Also added them to an album.

Well, so now you've included a link to your entire photobucket page.  You may not want that.

'cause this:

Nice freakin' Prophecy BTW.

Select one image at a time.  Click on it to get the full image, then right click, copy image address, and paste it between the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] (no spaces) things.

That works. Wink

Have another +1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2362 on: August 09, 2016, 09:50:32 PM »

You got a Prophecy in a grab bag?  Score!  That's awesome.  +1 for the pics.  Smiley

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #2363 on: August 13, 2016, 01:48:08 PM »

You got a Prophecy in a grab bag?  Score!  That's awesome.  +1 for the pics.  Smiley

Indeed an awesome score! Congrats on such a nice grab bag, Benji  Cheesy

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2364 on: August 15, 2016, 01:39:35 AM »

Thanks guys! If we get a nice day free of rain here, I will drag a few friends out to the beach and make a video.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2365 on: August 16, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »

I ordered a couple this time and I got two wonderful hits; an Aeon V3 and a Dark Sentinel.  Both have AV switches, which are always nice.

The Sentinel has some slight marks in the finish, which you can kinda see in this pic:

But, that can happen with grab bags.  It's no biggie.  I figure this is an opportunity to try my hand at sanding down a black hilt, since this is the first one I've ever gotten and I only paid $55 for it anyway.  The marks on the finish just make it an even better idea.  Wink

In order to take advantage of the half off grab bag blades, I ordered a couple of those separately.  For $5 a piece, I got a couple nice 32-inch HG blades.  Here are the sabers with the blades lit:

The Aeon is in Consular Green, which I love, and the Sentinel is in Fire Orange.

All in all, this was a very satisfying shopping experience, it's everything I hoped for.  Before ordering, I toyed with the idea of buying a Dominix V3 in Fire Orange because I wanted to try the V3 design, I wanted something black anodized and I wanted an FO blade color.  Instead, I ordered the grab bags, and I got a V3 and one that is black anodized with a FO blade.  Plus, you can never go wrong with the Sentinel design.  I couldn't be happier.  Grin

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #2366 on: August 16, 2016, 08:43:20 PM »

nice hilts there scifidude, the fact you got the dark hilt in orange you wanted extra bonus...have a point!

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2367 on: August 16, 2016, 09:56:52 PM »

Nice sabers. But yeah that's a full size Sentinel saber, I noticed you had Initiate in your list so Tongue Fire Orange looks cool though =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2368 on: August 16, 2016, 10:21:40 PM »

Thanks guys.  Smiley

@Zren: I haven't updated the list yet.  (I was making dinner)  I've gotten four grab bag sabers thus far: Initiate LE V4, Aeon LE V4 and now a Dark Sentinel V4 and an Aeon V3.  All with AV switches and the Initiate has windows.  All told, I've scored some sweet grab bag deals. Cool

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2369 on: August 16, 2016, 11:14:50 PM »

The Sentinel has some slight marks in the finish, which you can kinda see in this pic:

It turns out much of this was actually dirt.  I dampened a soft rag with tap water and some liberal rubbing took it off.  I'm thinking this may have been one of their demonstration hilts at a con and someone handled it with dirty hands.  But, it's all good now.  Smiley  There are a few minor scratches, but that's what you expect when you order grab bags.  However, it looks much better now, and quite fantastic for $55.  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: