Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Dominix!  (Read 7876 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: July 27, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »

As the title says, I received a Dominix for my grab bag saber. A Dominix V3 specifically! This is my first grab bag saber, and I bought it with the reward points that I received for reviewing my Arbiter. On a side note, does anyone realize how lucky that Arbiter has been? It was my ticket to the raffle and won me my Dark Prophecy V3, and now the review of it got me a Dominix V3!

Okay, so on to the review of the Dominix V3. The color of the blade was set to random, and I received Guardian Blue! Now, for those who have seen my custom build, you know how much I was surprised with and love the Guardian Blue color. Normally I'm a green guy, but the Guardian Blue is just so incredible. Bright, as expected from US, and just plain cool!

The blade is a standard midgrade which I ordered. MGs are my go to blades for the weight and brightness. Silly me didn't think to ask for the 40 inch blade, but hey, that'll just be my next order right?

I knew what the hilt would feel like when I saw what it was due to the fact that my brother has a Dominix V3 as well. It is a VERY well balanced hilt, and the choke points feel so natural. I didn't know (for sure) what the standard setup batteries would be (though I suspected AAAs). It is four AAAs, but I picked up some rechargeables today so that's great. I'll write some more later, but I just wanted to show you all and let you know that I love this new saber!!!!

Here's some pics:

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 07:05:37 PM »

Looks great. Let the customizing, begin.  Grin

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »

Very nice Grab bag, a V3; that's a win. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »

That blade almost looks photoshopped.

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »

Solid grab bag for sure! Wonder if this means they are out or almost out of red and blue sabers. If so, I'll be ordering a grab bag soon with my reward points!

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »

Looks great. Let the customizing, begin.  Grin

Exactly...I've been trying to decide what sections to sand lol.

Very nice Grab bag, a V3; that's a win. Grin

Oh yeah, I wasn't expecting that at all! Really glad Smiley

That blade almost looks photoshopped.

lol, that was just an unsteady hand. The blue shone through nicely though eh?

Solid grab bag for sure! Wonder if this means they are out or almost out of red and blue sabers. If so, I'll be ordering a grab bag soon with my reward points!

I'm wondering TBH...could this be a sign of more to come?

Thanks for the comments all!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 08:13:08 PM »

If that is the case then I'll definitley be picking a grab bag up soon Smiley

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 08:45:19 PM »

Excellent grab bag! I'll be ordering one soon as well!

dark side points please

LordBane10
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 3

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »

Nice. So US is now giving out V3's for Grab Bags? Makes me want to go for one. Tongue I will wait until I get the Bane and rewards points though. Since its 300 points worth, do you have to use say like a debit card or whatever? Thanks. You going to send that back in for a sound upgrade any time soon?

I love Ultra Sabers!
Sabers: Blazing Red Dominix V2 LE -Main saber-, Guadian Blue blue Liberator, Guardian Blue red Liberator, silver Consular Green Liberator. Orader- GB Bellicose Gold Button Obsidian!

Lionus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -29

Dark side points please!

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 03:21:46 PM »

Nice Grab bag! I really want to get a grab bag, how ever I know with my luck I would get stuck with a red or blue... Blackis always gonna be my chosen color!

There are those that choose to see the Light in everything, and thus are ill equipped to handle the true being of the Darkside!!!

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »

dom v3 in a grab bag!! sweeet!!!!

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »

nice pick up! i know this is off topic but since yall are talking about the 300 reward points let me go ahead and ask,

isnt 300 reward points supposed to be 30$? i redeemed my 300 video review reward points and only got 15$

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »

it changed a couple months back, it was 10 points = 1$ now its 20 points = 1$

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 07:51:54 PM »

20 points = $1? What a total rip off, that will only pay for shipping.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »

20 points = $1? What a total rip off, that will only pay for shipping.

Really Rifter a rip off? Ultrasabers doesn't have to give us anything, but they choose to give us something unlike other big companies like hasbro.  Undecided After all something is better than nothing at all.  Wink
Also nice grab bag ben. Makes me want to try for a grab bag if all those color hilts are gone. Cheesy

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: