Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SWTOR stage combat swords (personal goal)  (Read 3017 times)
Odojinya
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 28, 2012, 09:02:40 AM »

As most lightsabre props go, the hilts are usually less technical, with a combat ready rod attached or bolted into the said hilt. After that, the special effects crew walks in and adds the Star Wars effects touch to the combat scene.

Right now I am thinking of doing a hobby (no sales) of creating combat hilts that I like from the game SWTOR. Granted, each blade will uphold its name from the game, but not be sold to other people. If the time comes that they can be sold, to bypass copyright issues, I may need to add personal touches to the in-game hilts as well as change the names of the selected combat hilts.

Here is a link of a place I found with aircraft grade aluminum pipes: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/alumtube_6061t6.php

For the combat rod, I have came across a combat lightsaber creator, who has been in a lot of YouTube videos testing out his personal combat lightsabers in fan film combat. The man's name is Ryan Wieber. The link to the page with the rod is; http://www.ryan-w.com/sabershop/main-order.html#content . On that particular page the rods cost $36, which is a big penny. So, for now I may just get one and make combat sabers with the same eternal structure as the one he is selling on his site, to fit the Carbon Fiber stunt blade. (If you have cheaper and more affordable combat blades in mind and links, I'd enjoy looking into them.) 

These are the basic single bladed hilts I wish to start out on:

I am still pondering if I should work on the double bladed lightsabers or not. I am also willing to hear inputs on those as well. So, should I also plan on working on the double-bladed lightsabers in the game? Also do any of you have suggestions of places where I can supplies for the listed hilts above?

(Comments are appreciated.)  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:44:33 AM by Odojinya » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: