• Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tips  (Read 2743 times)
Lorhig
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 02, 2011, 05:29:56 PM »

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place, but is it common for the tips to come off during battle. I since glued back on the tip and no problem. So far, that's the only problem I've experienced. By the way I love your products and I will be buying more soon.

But, I was going to the Toshi Station to pick up some power converters.....

Torinn Zoler
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 15

Protector of the Plains

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »

Tips flying off in battle is common, it's happened to me many times. But it's not a big deal, really, it's quite easy to glue back on. There are some special adhesives you can use if it ever comes off again, two are Weld-On #16 and Gorilla Glue.

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 07:34:07 PM »

What about super glue? Would that be strong enough?

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »

super glue would be to brittle and wouldn't last to good against the elements gorilla glue is the best choice you can pick some up at walmart

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 10:36:36 PM »

Heheheh. My brother and I done marvelous things with Gorilla Glue. Roll Eyes

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Lorhig
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 02:52:05 AM »

Thanks Guys.

BPStoyle
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:30 PM »

We had this happen to a few people last year when we were rehearsing our lightsaber dueling show last summer. It was always "fun" to go tip hunting, let me tell you. :p

I've tried some plastic welder and the tips have still flown off. One thing I've done is taken a piece of scotch tape and taped around the circumference of the blade/tip seam. This has given that extra bit of hold to keep the blade tips from flying off.

Bryan Patrick Stoyle
www.BryanPatrickStoyle.com

Mikkyo of the Sith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »

Weld-On #16 will fuse the tip & blade into one piece on polyC. Although you'll probably have to go to a plasic specialty shop. Not to mention it's kinda pricey. & the Gorilla Glue that I found @ Home Depot for plastics & PVC was about as strong as a post it note. Until I get ahold of Weld-on #16 someday, I've been using 2 ton epoxy I got at CVS. Cost me about $4.50. It says it can be handled after an hour, but to really make sure it's completely hardend, I let it sit for 24 hrs. Haven't had a tip fly off after the 2ton epoxy + 24hrs. & no matter what, Don't use supper glue. Unless you want a white powdery residue to form on the blade & diffusion film.

Lorhig
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 07:16:10 AM »

Weld-On #16 will fuse the tip & blade into one piece on polyC. Although you'll probably have to go to a plasic specialty shop. Not to mention it's kinda pricey. & the Gorilla Glue that I found @ Home Depot for plastics & PVC was about as strong as a post it note. Until I get ahold of Weld-on #16 someday, I've been using 2 ton epoxy I got at CVS. Cost me about $4.50. It says it can be handled after an hour, but to really make sure it's completely hardend, I let it sit for 24 hrs. Haven't had a tip fly off after the 2ton epoxy + 24hrs. & no matter what, Don't use supper glue. Unless you want a white powdery residue to form on the blade & diffusion film.
I'll keep that in mind.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: