Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Adding econo sound to my Initiate v3- what do I need?  (Read 4909 times)
Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« on: July 29, 2012, 03:00:47 AM »

What all do I need to accomplish adding econo to my initiate?

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 04:00:41 AM »

Im gonna let Big Andy take this one... He has an amazing Qui - Gon ultimate FX econo sound tutorial somewhere on here.

I would PM him. that board is probably the best econo sound I have seen and will probably be your best bet.

Darth Vapour
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -98

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 06:54:48 AM »

I haven't watched it yet but its the third topic in the customizations area.

From my research on the tcss forum (they have great wiring diagrams too), you will need at least - the econo board, a pnp transistor, speaker, a momentary switch, vented pommel (or drill out yours)

If you are running 6V you should get a 5V regulator so you don't fry the board.
If you have a green/blue/silver led I would run it off a single Li-ion and then you won't need a regulator or resistors.
The transistor boosts the output of the board, from my understanding making roughly a pass through of the battery voltage, otherwise the boards output is very small.
Some people advise changing the clash and swing sensors for the tcss ones for better sensitivity

"WRATH" Overlord PO Obsidian
"ICE" Customized Liberator AB Obsidian
"Fire" Dark Liberator BR
Hasbro Vader FX
Aeon V2 SY, Consular CG,
"Guardian" Customised SI V2 GB
Custom built Shock CG with obsidian FO FOC
Custom Yari staff BR

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »

I agree with Darth, definitely pick up some clash and swing sensors.

Ive heard mixed stories of running the econo boards off just a single 3.7v though, quite a few had issues with brightness with the main LED.

Honestly, after using 7.4v Li - Ion 14500 stick packs for all my sabers, I would recommend them. It's a lot of power, but like Darth Vapour said, thats what the voltage regulator is there for.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »

decide what board u wanna get first as they are not all the same, if u choose the 35$ string blade hasbro u probably wont need to order any sensor it just depends on the mounting to get good swing and clash results. If going for the cheaper 25$ board u can solder on new sensors for better results, I just used a 25$ vader board it has three LED on the board and only puts out 2V to the LED so i had to put meter on it find where i could get the 3V needed to power LED and i had to solder to the neg on clash and pos to speaker, it powers up fine and shuts off the way it is supposed to. Also gives a faint flicker to the sound and good brightness,  I would recommend u get the 35$ qui gonn board it is the easiest to disassemble no need to add sensors, brightness works good without any modding, Andy already made a tutorial on it, also picking up new speaker works wonders

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »

After watching all 4 of his videos I'm feeling fairly confident about adding a qui-gon board to my saber. I'm actually considering building my own saber from scratch now!

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 02:48:26 PM »

After watching all 4 of his videos I'm feeling fairly confident about adding a qui-gon board to my saber. I'm actually considering building my own saber from scratch now!
I did, it was a lot of fun!

dark side points please

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 03:18:52 PM »

I did, it was a lot of fun!

It does seem like a right of passage :p

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »

It has a Ultimate FX ani board in it. I will eventually get a Obsidian set up for it.

dark side points please

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »

It has a Ultimate FX ani board in it. I will eventually get a Obsidian set up for it.

Very smexy, what body parts did you use?

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 01:45:22 AM »

If you are planning on adding sound to an initiate V3 then good luck to you sir, if it's a initiate V2 then it can't be done. I have done it once for a friends V3 and will never do an initiate again. One of the main things that I needed was an extension from tcss to make the hilt longer so I could even fit the sound card into the saber. There is good reason why ultra says that in order for them to install obsidian sound into a initiate you have to get the Li-lon setup. It takes a master of the ancient art of cram-fu. It can be done but I just wanted to let you know that it is a challenge, especially if you are using the traditional battery/speaker combo.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 02:08:39 AM »

If you are planning on adding sound to an initiate V3 then good luck to you sir, if it's a initiate V2 then it can't be done. I have done it once for a friends V3 and will never do an initiate again. One of the main things that I needed was an extension from tcss to make the hilt longer so I could even fit the sound card into the saber. There is good reason why ultra says that in order for them to install obsidian sound into a initiate you have to get the Li-lon setup. It takes a master of the ancient art of cram-fu. It can be done but I just wanted to let you know that it is a challenge, especially if you are using the traditional battery/speaker combo.

Well I may look into another hilt if that is the case.  Do you know if it is possible to order unassembled hilts from ultra? With all the normal electronics they regularly come with?

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 02:18:10 AM »

I have heard of it being done but I would email deep at [email protected] just to make sure.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 02:21:57 AM »

I have heard of it being done but I would email deep at [email protected] just to make sure.

I already sent him an email, just seeing if any forum members knew the answer before he gets back to me so I can pick a hilt up soon.  I'm kinda leaning towards a Belli now..

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 03:15:14 AM »

Also, does your tutorial for adding a qui gon board work with a SY led?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: