Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Adding econo sound to my Initiate v3- what do I need?  (Read 4908 times)
Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 03:22:47 AM »

If you are planning on adding sound to an initiate V3 then good luck to you sir, if it's a initiate V2 then it can't be done. I have done it once for a friends V3 and will never do an initiate again. One of the main things that I needed was an extension from tcss to make the hilt longer so I could even fit the sound card into the saber. There is good reason why ultra says that in order for them to install obsidian sound into a initiate you have to get the Li-lon setup. It takes a master of the ancient art of cram-fu. It can be done but I just wanted to let you know that it is a challenge, especially if you are using the traditional battery/speaker combo.

Never say never. It is possible to add a sound board to a v2 initiate http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=773.0 like others have said it all depends on the board.

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 03:38:28 AM »

Never say never. It is possible to add a sound board to a v2 initiate http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=773.0 like others have said it all depends on the board.

Would definitely be a challenge though!

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 04:00:39 AM »

Would definitely be a challenge though!

That it would and I sure as heck wouldn't attempt to do it, but just the fact that its possible makes me respect those that have tried and succeeded in the art of cram fu.  Cheesy

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »

I don't know if I will or not :p, depends on Emory's response to my email.

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Darth Vapour
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -98

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 11:47:10 AM »

In response to the SY question, it should work with any colour, you just have to get the voltage/current output correct.

"WRATH" Overlord PO Obsidian
"ICE" Customized Liberator AB Obsidian
"Fire" Dark Liberator BR
Hasbro Vader FX
Aeon V2 SY, Consular CG,
"Guardian" Customised SI V2 GB
Custom built Shock CG with obsidian FO FOC
Custom Yari staff BR

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »

Very smexy, what body parts did you use?
I used 7"fluted Standerd hilt, 3" fluted double female,double male coupler with slots, style9 blade holder, mps style 8 pommel , mps insert style 6.
Future plans are Obsidian sound with Li-Ion set up and a Buckpuk, I'll need to replace the hilt section with one from UltraSabers so I can use MLS units. Currently it has UltraSabers regular led unit installed .

dark side points please

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 12:23:49 AM »

Dadgomn Boss. I honestly believed that it couldn't be done. I will have to add this to the bottom of my list of projects to try at some time in the future.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Darkside points please

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 12:32:12 AM »

Dadgomn Boss. I honestly believed that it couldn't be done. I will have to add this to the bottom of my list of projects to try at some time in the future.

He did muff up two boards before he got it, but it's been done :p

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 02:21:12 AM »

I have added sound on and initiate V2, I used the 25$ hasbro mace board its a little bigger than a quarter, used one 18650 single li-ion cell 3.7V 2600mah. I hotglued all the solderpads to prevent breakage  and stuffed the battery all the way up to the switch, placed board underneath it and had a JST connector at the bottom of board for quick charging and of course the speaker under JST connector. speaker needs pulled out when charging on setup i did, so i hot glued solder pads on it as well to prevent breakage. I might have been able to add recharge port but it was fast build and just didnt do it. It wasnt even that hard just a little bit of tinkering and u have to be gentle with hasbro boards till they are firmly secured to prevent the cheap wires from breaking.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: