Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RGB vs. Singles  (Read 3707 times)
navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« on: March 08, 2011, 07:17:43 AM »

I know Ultrasabers say that there's no brightness difference in the multi-color versions of their sabers, but it really seems to me in videos and pictures that there is, and that the RGB has a diminished look. It's entirely possible this is due to the vagaries of digital online media.

Can someone who owns both compare and/or contrast them?

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

LINK
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

Its dangerous to go alone. Take this !

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:21:52 AM »

There are a few videos of Ultrasabers such as the bane that show a great comparison in color brightness for the RGB. Should be in the gallery. 

I do know that 1 single led is bright,  2 or more = additive light thus being a little brighter and if you use color filters while sometimes looks cool, it is subtractive when dealing with brightness.

Hope that helps : )

■A lightsaber wields no strength unless the hand that holds it understands The Force.

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 07:39:03 AM »

Yeah, ok, here's what I mean. The Bane's RGB looks bright as hell in the demo in all colors shown, but the Shock demo the red looks absolutely anemic. What gives?

As an aside, can you get the Dark Shock in RGB and with sound? The option isn't on the menu, though he says in the demo that "all shock's will have sound as an option".

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:41:30 AM »

Nevermind on the Dark Shock question. The sound is available, the RGB is not. I guess they only have the fancy finishes in the single color. Any chance this may change in the future?

Confusion regarding the dim Shock demo RGB stands.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:58:07 AM by navajas » Logged

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 08:36:01 AM »

We don't say there's no brightness difference, we say the difference is not very noticeable, and most would not notice - i.e no discernible difference.  We don't think you'd be able to tell the difference unless you put an RGB with only one die activated right next to a single color saber.  And that, of course, is with only one die activated.  The Violet, Arctic Blue, Sentinel Yellow, and Adegan Silver you can make with the RGB's are equal, and of course you can't get yellow as a standard single color right now.

As for the video - you can't make judgments on brightness based on a video.  DV recorders are constantly making exposure adjustments based on the light sources in the environment.  To form a better conclusion, read some of the reviews in the review section and ask people who own the sabers what they think about the brightness of RGB sabers.  Then decide if that's what you want.

BTW, RGB Dark Shocks and RGB LE Shocks will be in stock shortly with sound available.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:31:13 PM by Ultra » Logged

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 08:46:32 AM »

That all makes sense. So, you say the mixed colors are all exact equivalents to their single color counterparts, but the primary are a little dimmer. Are their multiple LEDs then on the single color primary sabers? I guess that would follow, I just don't remember reading it on the site.

Very cool news about the new RGB Shocks. That's probably how my slippery slope into bankruptcy will start.

ShadowKatt
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »

BTW, RGB Dark Shocks and RGB LE Shocks will be in stock shortly with sound available.

THANK YOU GODS OF THE LIGHTSABERS

I had a feeling there would be an option eventually but I was really on the fence about getting an RGB shock or settling for a single color.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: