Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1472782 times)
markarich159
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #4845 on: January 13, 2017, 05:51:10 AM »

US has a version of it:  The Monarch  It isn't gold like the Emperor's, but it has the shape
I know, I like the Monarch, it definitely is different and regal looking. But I would like something a bit closer(actually as close as US could get it) to the real Sidious saber. The Monarch has a really sexy curvy look, but I want the whole shebang- silver curvy underhilt, rose gold curved shroud, red and green accent LED's, gold recharge pommel and gold ringed/rose gold emitter. Although looking at them side by side right now, US did get the overall impression correct but the devil is in the details. US could call it "The Sheev" - as in Palpatine's obscure first name.
The Monarch is a really smooth saber though.

Famous physicist Michio Kaku has said that making a lightsaber will never be physically possible. Apparently he has never seen this place.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4846 on: January 13, 2017, 06:09:00 AM »

I know, I like the Monarch, it definitely is different and regal looking. But I would like something a bit closer(actually as close as US could get it) to the real Sidious saber. The Monarch has a really sexy curvy look, but I want the whole shebang- silver curvy underhilt, rose gold curved shroud, red and green accent LED's, gold recharge pommel and gold ringed/rose gold emitter. Although looking at them side by side right now, US did get the overall impression correct but the devil is in the details. US could call it "The Sheev" - as in Palpatine's obscure first name.
The Monarch is a really smooth saber though.

I would love to see this saber, but I think it would be better titled the "Emperor", because Sheev is sort of a SW word, not a word that came before SW.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

markarich159
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4847 on: January 13, 2017, 06:22:11 AM »

I would love to see this saber, but I think it would be better titled the "Emperor", because Sheev is sort of a SW word, not a word that came before SW.
I could definitely live with The Emperor!!! That is bad-a**!

Famous physicist Michio Kaku has said that making a lightsaber will never be physically possible. Apparently he has never seen this place.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #4848 on: January 13, 2017, 11:02:08 AM »

Children, please.

"The Senate"

Grin

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4849 on: January 13, 2017, 05:12:18 PM »

"Chancellor"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4850 on: January 13, 2017, 05:19:28 PM »

"Chancellor"
^^^ Winner

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4851 on: January 14, 2017, 01:31:19 AM »

^^^ Winner

I think your right. Point to you Shade for mentioning this one.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

markarich159
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4852 on: January 14, 2017, 03:31:32 AM »

I think your right. Point to you Shade for mentioning this one.
I like Chancellor as well. They are really good names. The reason I mentioned "Sheev" is that it appears that all of US sabers are very ingeniously named so that you know who or what they are implying or referring to without actually using a term directly from SW canon(I guess to not call obvious attention to any possible Lucasfilm intellectual property). Although "Sheev" was mentioned in some legends stuff, I don't believe that name is canon. I could be wrong though. Anyway whatever they call it, I hope it is someday realized.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #4853 on: January 14, 2017, 03:44:07 AM »

"The Chancellor" is just about the perfect name for an Emperor-style saber.  I dig it.

On a sidenote - I'm sure this has been brought up before, but something I would love...love...love to see:

A Revan set of sabers.  Especially now that we have the Ahsoka set in the Fulcrum and Lost Gray, having Revan's set of Red and Purple sabers would be...the awesome.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #4854 on: January 14, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »

I feel like I say this a lot, but Shock+ShockLE Emitter+Scorpion Pommel=Reven's saber more or less. His other one would be hard to do while still being comfortable.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #4855 on: January 15, 2017, 05:20:33 AM »

I know this is the wrong place for the following comment, but it sort of relates to my suggestion.
After watching a few reviews on YouTube of sabers made by the other guys, and hearing them compare the lack of quality with the other guys sabers, and the amazing work that US does, I don't think I would ever concider purchasing a saber from anyone other than US.
Now for my suggestion.
I think US needs a few more options with the Archon V2.1, and V3.  I think there needs to be a black grenade grip instead of the grooves.  Maybe even an option for anadizing the hilt in Red, Green, Blue, Gold, or Black.
Plus I think they need a system that allows us to substitute pommels, and emitters on the majority of sabers.
Like a Guardian pommel on the Archon, and a Menace emitter on the Shock, for example.
Ok, really didn't relate to the comment above, but I had to share it anyway.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #4856 on: January 15, 2017, 08:21:35 AM »

I feel like I say this a lot, but Shock+ShockLE Emitter+Scorpion Pommel=Reven's saber more or less. His other one would be hard to do while still being comfortable.

I could see the one you laid out being his offhand saber for sure, and I ALSO agree that his main hand saber design is something that never has looked too comfortable, but that said:  neither is Luke's or Vader's, and there are tons of those floating around.  I could see a comfortable version of it being made IF it weren't too large of a saber circumference-wise, and truthfully - maybe even having a very good grip if one of the 3 metal pieces on the length of the saber rested in the nook of the thumb, and another in the nooks of the fingers.  I dunno - I may have to get a basic saber from US sometime and get crazy with the forging and metalworking to see if I can make a Revan main-hand.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #4857 on: January 15, 2017, 08:41:12 AM »

I think US needs a few more options with the Archon V2.1, and V3.  I think there needs to be a black grenade grip instead of the grooves.  Maybe even an option for anadizing the hilt in Red, Green, Blue, Gold, or Black.
Plus I think they need a system that allows us to substitute pommels, and emitters on the majority of sabers.
Like a Guardian pommel on the Archon, and a Menace emitter on the Shock, for example.
Ok, really didn't relate to the comment above, but I had to share it anyway.

I could get behind the options to be a bit more modular in the purchasing process as far as choosing a body, and then from there choosing pommels and emitters and such.  I know some sabers have some of those options now (like the Renegade with either the Small or Large pommels, for example).  I know that if you're savvy enough to do it that you can purchase all the stuff to put your own saber together from ground up, getting all the various pieces parts yourself and going as nuts as you want, but for someone like me who isn't too electronics-savvy, having all those options would be awesome when choosing a new saber.

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #4858 on: January 15, 2017, 02:46:21 PM »

Children, please.

"The Senate"

Grin

That would be amazing or, "the ssssenate" XD Would throw my money at it just because of the name and the meme XD

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 37

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« Reply #4859 on: January 16, 2017, 01:54:46 AM »

My wishlist for a new product is a saber staff modeled after Rey's staff. 

I've seen a few images that may be wishful thinking for the upcoming Star Wars VIII release with light sabers attached to each end of Rey's staff.   And what an unwieldy beast it would be to add saber ends to her already long staff! 

But still... something a light side girl could wield that has a bit of Rey's industrial style as a signature look and feel would be super cool!

That might trump some of my other wishlist items for existing sabers.   Unfortunately, I keep adding to that list!     

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*
Fulcrum DVA^** (Winter Raffle Prize) 
Graflex SE AB^** (Winter Raffle Prize)

(^Emerald **Ob V4 *Ob Lite)

Wishlist...
Double Reaper Staff, Chosen One, Lost Gray Manticore

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print