Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488640 times)
Quasarlis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

Fear is the only darkness embrace the the Darkside

« Reply #5385 on: September 17, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »

Hello

Do you all think that Ultrasabers should jump on the Neo Pixel string blade wagon?? I feel if you don't you will be left behind! I have been trying to get some help and advice from other experienced custom light saber manufacturers on a theorised string blade that I feel would be a major advancement on the Photon blades named 'Ultra Photon' (Even my given name fits in with your company name, I did name them 'Photo Physics' blades at first but Ultra Photon is probably more suitable given whats needed to make one) (I would like to share my theory with Ultrasabers and get their technical thoughts BUT it does require a string blade setup and not necessarily Neo Pixel strips unless they can be made to the specs needed of course) BUT all of them, being both independent custom builders and companies keep talking about the Neo Pixel stuff, singing its absolute praises and basically fob me off! They also talk about modular light systems .. there is one maker who does this as standard now anyway.

I believe that Ultrasabers should start thinking about this and design new versions of their sabers to accommodate for this with a complete modular light system that would allow the interchangeability between in hilt LED's and Neo Pixel connectors AT LEAST as standard... I feel if they don't they will fall behind, what do we all think?

Ultrasabers ... I'd LOVE for you lot look at my theorised blade setup, maybe even try a prototype and see if it could be the next step, they would be 'Colour locked' to a degree but that's the point of the modular light system so that it can be interchangable. Most light saber makers are 95% hilt driven in their designs with no real advancement in making a blade more representative of what we see in the films .. A good example of what I'm trying to achieve as in how a blade would look is Count Dooku's blade during his duel between Obi-wan, Anakin and then Yoda in SWAOTC .. Your thoughts please Ultrasabers, and if your interested I'll send you my ideas.

X2 Guardians Obsidian V4, Emerald.

Quasarlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5386 on: September 17, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »

I know this is an animation but this is how I perceive my theorised blade to look in real life and not just in photographs

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #5387 on: September 17, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »

I'm not sure about the fall behind. the diamond board lets you change color and sound on the fly, let alone all the extras you can pull off with it.
don't know any others that can deliver as fast as US either. longest I waited was 2 weeks, during con rush and after the hurricane hit. I don't think they have to worry a bit.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Quasarlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5388 on: September 17, 2017, 03:26:07 PM »

The possible fall behind is related to the findings I have from contacting other light saber makers about a blade theory I have to find out some future plan of theres, nearly ALL OF THEM rant on about Neo-Pixel blades that can have the same colour changing options of any multi-colour blade changing system with equal 'ease of use' as such as the Diamond controller depending on the electronics used BUT can be programmed with even more effects, gestures as such. the delivery turn around from Ultrasabers wouldn't be affected once it was an option in their construction configurations. As mentioned this would be a Modular lighting system that could be as easy to swap out as changing a pommel ... there is one company that already incorporates a modular lighting system as standard .. So it's not just about going from in-hilt to Neo-Pixel, its about being able to do both and maybe the possibility of a 3 or 'Tri-Modular Lighting system' if Emroy like the sound of my blade theory ... It's my opinion 95% of custom light saber builders design attention is mostly hilt targeted with little 'thought' on making the blades look and act more 'film' like as it were.

When we consider the advancements made by Ultrasabers from white blade with colour disks, fixed colour/FonC blades all the way up to their Emerald and Diamond drivers the advancements indicate some kind of R&D done by Ultrasabers ... A modular lighting system as standard is an idea I believe they should think about and could probably do very easily without compromising delivery times and great value for money.

I have since contacted Emroy with my findings, thoughts and my blade theory ... I look forward to his feedback

Darth Kanbis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

...THE FORCE shall free me

« Reply #5389 on: September 17, 2017, 05:26:29 PM »

Hello

Do you all think that Ultrasabers should jump on the Neo Pixel string blade wagon?? I feel if you don't you will be left behind! I have been trying to get some help and advice from other experienced custom light saber manufacturers on a theorised string blade that I feel would be a major advancement on the Photon blades named 'Ultra Photon' (Even my given name fits in with your company name, I did name them 'Photo Physics' blades at first but Ultra Photon is probably more suitable given whats needed to make one) (I would like to share my theory with Ultrasabers and get their technical thoughts BUT it does require a string blade setup and not necessarily Neo Pixel strips unless they can be made to the specs needed of course) BUT all of them, being both independent custom builders and companies keep talking about the Neo Pixel stuff, singing its absolute praises and basically fob me off! They also talk about modular light systems .. there is one maker who does this as standard now anyway.

I believe that Ultrasabers should start thinking about this and design new versions of their sabers to accommodate for this with a complete modular light system that would allow the interchangeability between in hilt LED's and Neo Pixel connectors AT LEAST as standard... I feel if they don't they will fall behind, what do we all think?

Ultrasabers ... I'd LOVE for you lot look at my theorised blade setup, maybe even try a prototype and see if it could be the next step, they would be 'Colour locked' to a degree but that's the point of the modular light system so that it can be interchangable. Most light saber makers are 95% hilt driven in their designs with no real advancement in making a blade more representative of what we see in the films .. A good example of what I'm trying to achieve as in how a blade would look is Count Dooku's blade during his duel between Obi-wan, Anakin and then Yoda in SWAOTC .. Your thoughts please Ultrasabers, and if your interested I'll send you my ideas.

Sounds like it would be cool, especially if the Neo-Pixel blades can create the movie effect in real life. The one thing I like over string LEDs over an in-hilt is the ignition/retraction animation. Its my understanding, however, that string blades can be quite delicate and if one LED breaks it can ruin the whole blade

Initiate LE V4 Obsidian Lite Violet Amethyst Silver FoC
Consular Obsidian Lite Consular Green

Tzimho
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -75

I'm one with the force, the force is with me..

« Reply #5390 on: September 17, 2017, 05:44:08 PM »

Its my understanding, however, that string blades can be quite delicate and if one LED breaks it can ruin the whole blade

This is the whole reason I like the in hilt LED.
The effect of lighting up the blade might be nice, but if this makes the blade less durable I'd rather keep it this way

Besides you'd still have a long tube that would be (partially) white-ish or silver-ish during ignition.
That would still take away from the movie effect.

As it stands I think Ultrasabers is pretty ahead in the current combat ready lightsaber market

(all this is my opinion, nothing less, nothing more)

Working on a Gray-Jedi cosplay...

Following the ways of the Force, not the ways of some order!

Dark Shock (Emerald RGBA V4 sound)
Reaper (Emerald RGBW V4 sound)

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5391 on: September 17, 2017, 06:09:27 PM »

The Diamond Controller gives you the power on effect.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Quasarlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5392 on: September 17, 2017, 07:37:36 PM »

My suggestion would allow for both the in hilt Emerald or Diamond drivers, Neo Pixel blades that also allow all the colour changing and would work on the same principle as the Emerald and Diamond drivers (Or the Tri Modular Lighting system if the blade theory I have written to Emroy about is of interest to him) ... As mentioned there is a company that does this as standard already with in-hilt and string blade interchangeable modules and would most likely add the Neo pixel module to it also! Can't name them here obviously but they do offer the 2 at this time.

The Diamond controller doesn't offer 'Power up and down' light sequencing as such. It's a single source/emitted, optically focused light beam that travels through the entire length of the blade, it may get brighter and dimmer but does not do the visibly noticeable and timed sequential activation of LED's along it's length, thus not giving a highly noticeable power up and down effect that a segmented wired LED string blade can.

The aim here would be to have the options modular, easily interchangeable as say a pommel so that you can pick what you want for a given situation, be that cosplay, duelling, Neo-Pixel blade effects, MP3 playing with lighting effects that can be programmed etc AND if my blade theory is taken on Super bright 'Film like' looking colour locked blades with FonC capabilities ... Imagine if Ultrasabers COULD offer those options at a good competitive price ... Would current and future Ultrasabers customers buy one?? OF COURSE they would!! There are members on here with a multiple saber collection that are worth 1000's of GBP/USD. (Think i saw a member on here with 12 sabers.. Add that cost up) ... They would be the cream of the custom light saber community!!!!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5393 on: September 18, 2017, 04:54:10 AM »

I want this here that I found while browsing around:

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5394 on: September 18, 2017, 05:43:37 AM »

I want this here that I found while browsing around:

Those looks absolutely gorgeous. I want one (or two).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5395 on: September 18, 2017, 05:51:44 AM »

They may look good but where would you even hold it?

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #5396 on: September 18, 2017, 06:56:57 AM »

They may look good but where would you even hold it?

I see your point, that could be a health hazard to try to wield, let alone anything else.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Quasarlis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5397 on: September 18, 2017, 12:24:24 PM »

WOW!!!!! Who makes that!!??

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #5398 on: September 18, 2017, 02:14:30 PM »

Darn, and I thought Revan's one looked uncomfortable! xD

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5399 on: September 18, 2017, 03:07:28 PM »

You could do it yourself. The blade is held in from the bottom of the emitter, so you actually take a saw or a waterjet or whatever to the emitter and cut it off like I did with the Archon V2.1 emitter that I cut the flange off.
I've even thought about milling off the circular part leaving just having a square emitter. But I'm unsure of the Omen emitter's construction, and it looks pricey enough that I would be unwilling to experiment.

WOW!!!!! Who makes that!!??
No one. These are digitally rendered concept drawings.

Hello

Not really sure what you're on about with this, but it sounds like you're suggesting a light-in-blade interchangeability with the current MLS system of Ultra Sabers. Probably not going to happen.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: