Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488277 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5640 on: December 08, 2017, 09:49:29 PM »

I'm playing catch up, from being a few months off the forum . . . and just a little while ago thought it would be very cool for US to do an Azure Sentinel LE . . . YES PLEASE  Cool Cool Cool

ps . . . for history sake, here's a few other Azure hilts US has produced in the past . . .

Thanks for reposting these pics.  I knew the azure DSI was done back in the day but was unaware of the existence of an azure libby.  Needless to say, if they were still around they would be at the top of my wishlist.  Right now it just consists of a lonely azure mantis since I recently checked off the azure menace from it.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #5641 on: December 09, 2017, 02:58:12 AM »

I think it would be cool to add a customize section where you can choose pommel, emitter and parts for the hilt and it will give you a computer generated preview so you can bring saber customization to the next level.
I love this idea.
I think the following would be a good template for parts, and electronics.
•First you would have to choose your electronics or lack there of.
•Next your blade color, or lack there of.
•Blade type, or no blade at all.
•Blade length, if applicable.
•Blade plug, should be included if there isn't any blade chosen.
•Hilt type.
•Hilt finish.
•Emitter, if applicable.
•Button type, if applicable.
•Pommel.
•Covertec wheel, or lack there of.
This is one I would like to have on all sabers, the option to remove the covertec wheel from the design.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5642 on: December 10, 2017, 05:52:51 AM »

Black decorative buttons for all sabers that have them, idea from Fulcrum and Lost Grey sabers Tongue Would look sweet on a Bellicose I think

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #5643 on: December 13, 2017, 01:27:20 AM »

I really like that Azure SI with the vertical grooves.
 I would like to see the vertical grooves offered on the all silver Standard Issue.
 I have said this before, but If they offered the Standard Issue in an LE version w/ vertical grooves (gold hilt with silver rings) it would be at my door before my wife even found out I had ordered it!  Grin Grin

Ultra Sabers: Just Keep up the good work and keep making TOP Quality sabers at Prices we can afford! MTFBWYA!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5644 on: December 13, 2017, 03:32:11 AM »

US's version of a Nihilus saber Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #5645 on: December 14, 2017, 03:30:00 AM »

I would still love to see an Obi-Wan ROTS, ANH saber, without an activation box, kind of like the Archon V2.1, mostly because I like the thicker kneck.

DarthJt
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 71

I am the Blind Jedi.

« Reply #5646 on: December 14, 2017, 03:43:11 AM »

I think  we should get sabers with black body color, and gold in the grooves.  I think it is possible, because I think the saber could be anodized black, then machined, and anodized again.  I'm pretty sure that the black would not be effected by a lighter color like gold.  This possibly could even be done with Azure, and Crimson.
So we could possibly get a Scorpion with gold patterns in it.

I am the other Blind Jedi

Finale Saint
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

Time and fate.

« Reply #5647 on: December 29, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »

I'd love to see Ben Solo/Kylo Ren Lightsaber before he added the crossguard emitters.

"I am the Balance"

Sentinel LE V4-Blazing Red
Dark Sentinel LE V4-Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4-Dark Violet Amethyst (Spear/Pike)
Shock LE- Guardian Blue

Neonblue1989
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5648 on: December 30, 2017, 02:33:01 PM »

I haven't received my very first saber yet. Order still prosecing. I've been looking to see if I can use my phone to switch the colors and sound fonts, but I haven't found anything yet. (Please link if there is a phone app).

A phone app to change your colors and sound fonts would be a very nice tool for when you don't have a laptop or desktop around.

Can not wait to receive my very first saber!

My Saber's:
Consular (Diamond)
Dark Initiate LE v4 with Obsidian V4 (Emerald) Guardian Blue
Quick Release Coupler with Vents (Processing)
Dark Initiate LE v4 with Obsidian V4 (Emerald) Blazing Red

Sound Font Collection

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5649 on: December 30, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »

No phone app as of yet, likely because it takes a direct connection to the saber to make the changes

JackSparrow
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #5650 on: December 31, 2017, 02:22:41 PM »

Is it possible for UltraSabers  to do a light sabre for fighting, built as a an Advanced telescopic / expandable Baton (Club or Stick) ? JackSparrow (from  France)

Neonblue1989
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5651 on: December 31, 2017, 10:09:10 PM »

No phone app as of yet, likely because it takes a direct connection to the saber to make the changes

Thank you for the response. Kinda of hoping for a app in the future since most phone can be hooked up to things via USB connection. I'm happily awaiting my Dark Initiate LE v4 emerald and obsidein v4 to ship. Super excited. Even made a Spaceballs sound fonts and going to preload them.

My Saber's:
Consular (Diamond)
Dark Initiate LE v4 with Obsidian V4 (Emerald) Guardian Blue
Quick Release Coupler with Vents (Processing)
Dark Initiate LE v4 with Obsidian V4 (Emerald) Blazing Red

Sound Font Collection

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #5652 on: January 01, 2018, 12:19:43 AM »

there is one company out there that does up blue tooth to change color and sound on their sabers.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5653 on: January 01, 2018, 12:59:07 AM »

I might have mentioned this. But I think we need another thin neck saber of some design from Ultrasaber. Maybe an Archon v4 with the new Luke Skywalker "perforated" holes in the emitter as seen in The Last Jedi.  Tongue  And a switch box option.

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #5654 on: January 01, 2018, 04:37:09 PM »

Wow... I hate forum timeouts... had to retype ALL of this. Twice. I think I really need to change that setting.

In the following I use the term "Font-Package" alot. This is the term I'm using in my head-space to denote the groupings of associated light patterns and sound effects (ignition, hum, clash, swing, spin, etc) possible with the Diamond Controller, to distinguish them from "soundfonts" which are just sounds. If there's already a distinguishing term for this, someone please point it out and I'll make the adjustment.

I think all this might have to wait till the Diamond II controller, but...

To start with, an Input Button for the controller to expand on gesture control. Read AB as "Activation Button" and IB as "Input Button" for the rest of this post. I'm not sure of the aesthetics of adding a second button to many hilts, at least on the same side, but I figure they did it for the RGB sabers, if the utility and demand was there, US would figure out a way. Having one around back, or to one side, or something might be necessary, rather than stacking them. Anyway.

Basically the IB is there to help expand and control gesture recognition, both as a kind of "confirmation" that, yes, I do want this gesture executed (Swing without button press, just swing. Swing with button press, gesture), and as an additional input to the board that doesn't require monitoring the accelerometers.

This would (at least I think it would) allow the introduction of a kind of "doze" state or mode for the saber. "Sleep" is when the saber is powered down, but ready for ignition (normally triggered by pressing the activation button), which requires a trickle discharge from the batteries. "Active-idle" is when the saber is on (ignited) and actively processing accelerometer input for gesture phrases. "Ignite" would ultimately end in "Active-Idle" and "Extinguish" would ultimately end in "Sleep"  "Doze" would be between "Sleep" and "Ignite" much the same way "Ignite" is currently between "Sleep" and "Active-Idle". The saber blade lights and sounds aren't active (selected accents might be, defined in launcher, to allow for visual confirmation that the saber is dozing), and swinging it around produces no swing effects, but the saber is processing inputs for gesture phrases. Getting into this state requires initial condition "sleep mode" and "IB double-tap." Exiting this mode is automatic and occurs 4 seconds (defineable in launcher) after entering if no valid gesture is detected.

This would allow something I saw mentioned elsewhere. The question was asked "Can we ignite the saber with a gesture?" The response was along the lines of 'technically possible, however the drain on the batteries in "sleep mode" would increase to an unacceptable level, lowering the operational lifetime of the saber on a charge considerably.'

With "doze mode" this would alleviate that concern, as the active monitoring and processing of inputs (and associated drain) would only be done for very short periods, rather than constantly. Imagine a computer workstation. When the computer is on but inactive, the monitor is effectively off. When someone hits the mouse, the screen turns on, looking for a password. If no one enters a password, the screen turns off after a short period. Since the command to enter "doze" is singular and specific, accidental activation is limited (like limiting a workstation to a single specific keypress combination to wake), and even then is short in duration. When in doze mode, the activation button is treated as a gesture input only. During doze, ignition of the saber is only possible via gesture, if you intended to simply ignite the saber, a single press from "sleep mode" is easier. Other gestures can be activated during doze, and play to completion. Unless they change the mode of the saber (see below) the saber returns to doze and thence to sleep, if no further gestures are input.

Another idea is On-The-Fly Font-Package transitions. Coupled with gesture recognition and "doze" this would allow transitioning to/from a mute font-package (or any other font). So the days of igniting a saber (with the associated ignition and hum (or lack thereof, in the case of going the opposite way)) just to get into (or out of) a mute font would be over. Also possible would be gesture controlled Font-Package changes during use (little more on that later).

A possible issue with the IB as input to gestures is the possibility of conflicting gestures. Say you have two gestures, "spin, IB tap" and "IB tap, spin." Separately, these pose no problem. But if you have an input sequence consisting of "spin, IB tap, spin" might cause issues. What I envision to solve this is a rolling buffer where processing inputs are matched against gesture phrases, and a separate buffer that is effectively a FIFO execution stack, where the recognized gesture activated commands are stored.  So if the above happened, Gesture One's commands would be stored and begin executing, then Gesture Two (as the phrase is present) would be stored behind Gesture One's, and when Gesture One's commands had run their course, Gesture Two would begin executing... and so on. Effectively this allows stringing gestures together. without having to have more than a minimum of "words" in each phrase.

Expanding on the above is the idea of a "macro-like" gesture command editor for the launcher. Defining the gesture might still have to be done via actually performing it, and using an activation button hold as a "phrase start" and "phrase end" marker during recording. Short AB presses (double taps, and the like) would be taken as inputs. Directly editing at least three, and probably six, different accelerometer axes for intensity and duration would be way beyond most people's skill to translate from raw expected input to actual performance, but "ready, hold button, swing, other button, first button hold" is fairly repeatable for anyone. What would be easily editable is what that gesture executes, in what order, what pauses to make, etc. The following is an extreme situation, but I want cram-fu as much example in as I can. Consider this as a choreographed sequence.

Doze mode from sleep (hardwired):
IB double tap.

What's recorded as Gesture 1:
IB double-tap, AB double-tap.

What's recorded as Gesture 2:
IB, Spin, DifferentSpin.

What's programmed in the launcher:
Gesture 1 = Set ActiveFont-Package to F-P2. Wait 1.50 sec. Play F-P2 poweron . (note, this is not Mode: Ignite, explained below). Play F-P2 Swing3. Play F-P2 Swing1. Play F-P2 Spin2. Play F-P2 Spin1. Play F-P2 Swing 2. Play F-P2 Clash2. Play F-P2 Idle, Break (explained below). Wait 2.30 sec. Play F-P2 trans2to3 (also explained below), Set ActiveFont-Package to FP-3. Mode: Active-Idle.

Gesture 2 = Play F-P3 Swing1. Play F-P3 Spin2. Play F-P3 Swing 3. Play F-P4 Force2. Mode: Extinguish.

[Explanations from above]
"Mode:" is a command to the software to change the condition of the saber. Ignite and Extinguish play the associated ActiveFont-Package effects for power on/off, and put the saber into "sleep" or "active-idle" at completion. Mode: Sleep is possible, but would put an idling saber directly into sleep mode without the powerdown effect. Mode: Active-Idle (as seen above) sets the saber to normal idle operation without the poweron effect being played.

"Break" is a modifier for the buffer software, telling it to immediately begin the next command instead of waiting for the current one to complete. In the case of the next command being a light and/or sound effect, the software interrupts the light and/or sound effect currently playing and plays the new one. In the case of only one effect being interrupted, the previous effect (light or sound) continues playing until the new effect ends. In the case of a Break -> Wait, as above, the previous effect continues only as long as the Wait command specifies and then the next effect is played. In the case of multiple effects not interrupting the first effect (such as a Break, Set ActiveFont, Wait) combination, the first effect plays until interrupted.

I think "Set ActiveFont-Package" is pretty self explanatory, but it is exactly what it says on the tin. It changes the currently active Font-Package so that any swings, clashes, etc not directly played by gesture-macros are played from that Font-Package. Note the example (bolded) in the last gesture, where it calls a sound effect not in the active font.

The effect 'trans2to3' would be a custom transition between the idle effects of F-P2 and F-P3. This effect would have to be defined by the end user, or a Font-Package maker to create seamless transitions between Font-Packages possible. Without this, the idle effects would probably jar against each other, (such as a yellow saber blade suddenly blinking to purple, with a quiet-ish hum suddenly being a loud heavy rumble). Changing Font's during other effects (spins, swings, clashes, etc) would be possible with Break modifiers, with a blade starting a swing as yellow, suddenly becoming purple as the swing ends. The transition will still be sudden, but perhaps not quiet as jarring.
-----

Initial conditions of the saber: Sleep mode = on, ActiveFont-Package = F-P1.

What the observer sees:
Wielder unclips saber and assumes a ready stance, maybe notices him fiddlin' with buttons as he does (IB double tap, IB double tap, AB double tap).
Wielder begins swing, saber ignites mid-swing with a bright yellow blade.
Wielder swings again, associated sound playing.
Wielder swings a third time, different sound.
Wielder enters figure 8 spin from swing, spin sound plays one half, changes to another on second half.
Wielder hits something (floor, opponent's blade... whatever, choreography) and associated clash/flash plays.
Wielder, (apparently angry) takes a step back, raises his blade to a high ready, and the blade changes from yellow to a deep orange. As it does so, the hum takes on a sinister base rumble, instead of the more pleasant hum it had.*
Wielder and opponent spar for a bit, trading attacker and defender roles several times.
Wielder takes stance, then begins a two spin sequence, followed by a strike, recovery, follow-up strike and a palm-out push ('force sound' from saber). The saber extinguishes itself as the wielder performs a flourish, and the encounter ends.

What's actually going on:
Saber goes from sleep to doze.
Gesture 1 activated. Gesture-Macro plays, ending in a mode change for the saber (to Active-Idle) in a different Font-Package than it started in.*
Wielder and opponent continue choreography (normal saber operation at this point, all automatic light/sound effects).
Gesture 2 activated. Gesture-Macro plays, ending in an apparent force push from the Wielder, followed by an immediate saber deactivation.

Whew... I think I'm technicaled out for a while...

TL;DR: What they (US) have got is great already. Make it better. Wink

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: