Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1472763 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6135 on: June 21, 2018, 03:22:31 AM »

I do have a few suggestions, that I would love to see on the product pages as options.
We'll go with some of the most popular sabers, and some that I feel need a little more in the way of options.
•Archon V2.1:
We'll start with the neck, and how I feel it needs some broader color options.  Since it is already black, the logical options would be Gold, Azure, Crimson, and Silver.
Next is the grip section, which I feel needs a few cosmetic options.  Basically a standard version, and a granade style version would be interesting.  I would also like to see an option to leave this section black, or silver.
As for the rest of the saber, I can't think of anything else to do to it.
•Chosen One:
This is a saber that in my opinion is screaming for some interesting options.
Lets start with the emitter.  Different styles and colors come to mind.  Leaving the emitter silver, or making it gold would be pretty impressive.  Changing its shape would be interesting too.  Maybe three versions, the standard version, a more rounded shaped still slanted, and one with a reduced angle of slant.  The windos and no windows options are still a must.
The same color options could be said for the rest of the saber.  Maybe this could even apply to the grip section.
I also think an option without an activation box would be interesting.
•Consular:
I think there needs to be an option to get the saber without a shroud, or with a different shroud.  For example a shroud with vertical grooves in it, or a pattern like that of the Scorpion, or Reaper in the shroud itself, maybe even an anadized version of the shroud.
The saber should also come in silver, or LE with silver grooves along the hilt..
•Guardian:
This one is almost perfect, it just needs some color options of its own.  Maybe black, gold, azure, or crimson for the shroud.  I'd leave the body itself entirely alone.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6136 on: June 21, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »

Want a leather wrap that kicks? 

Look to further than here: Awesomness

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6137 on: June 21, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »

I do have a few suggestions, that I would love to see on the product pages as options.
We'll go with some of the most popular sabers, and some that I feel need a little more in the way of options.
•Archon V2.1:
We'll start with the neck, and how I feel it needs some broader color options.  Since it is already black, the logical options would be Gold, Azure, Crimson, and Silver.
Next is the grip section, which I feel needs a few cosmetic options.  Basically a standard version, and a granade style version would be interesting.  I would also like to see an option to leave this section black, or silver.
As for the rest of the saber, I can't think of anything else to do to it.
•Chosen One:
This is a saber that in my opinion is screaming for some interesting options.
Lets start with the emitter.  Different styles and colors come to mind.  Leaving the emitter silver, or making it gold would be pretty impressive.  Changing its shape would be interesting too.  Maybe three versions, the standard version, a more rounded shaped still slanted, and one with a reduced angle of slant.  The windos and no windows options are still a must.
The same color options could be said for the rest of the saber.  Maybe this could even apply to the grip section.
I also think an option without an activation box would be interesting.
•Consular:
I think there needs to be an option to get the saber without a shroud, or with a different shroud.  For example a shroud with vertical grooves in it, or a pattern like that of the Scorpion, or Reaper in the shroud itself, maybe even an anadized version of the shroud.
The saber should also come in silver, or LE with silver grooves along the hilt..
•Guardian:
This one is almost perfect, it just needs some color options of its own.  Maybe black, gold, azure, or crimson for the shroud.  I'd leave the body itself entirely alone.
All 4 of those are based off Star Wars movies, I don't think there will ever be options that great on this 4.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6138 on: June 21, 2018, 08:10:49 PM »

All 4 of those are based off Star Wars movies, I don't think there will ever be options that great on these 4.
Never say never.  They may actually change these models at some point.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6139 on: June 21, 2018, 08:14:15 PM »

Never say never.  They may actually change these models at some point.
And I reference the Dorninian and the Menace.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #6140 on: June 24, 2018, 06:33:28 PM »

I wish the Overlord pommel was an option on the drop-down list of pommels (specifically for the Prophecy).  Why they still have the giant open hole pommel on the Prophecy with sound, I have no idea.  They even changed the pommel!

From left to right: Overlord pommel, the new open-hole pommel I got with my Prophecy since I couldn't just substitute it for the Overlord, the old Prophecy pommel from the one I bought about 5 years ago, and a solid pommel from my Initiate (customized).

The Overlord pommel looks fantastic on the Prophecy, and fits perfectly.  I've always been nervous about the giant hole, so I found the black plastic cap in the plumbing section at the hardware store.  It fits perfectly in both the old and new Prophecy pommels, and protects the speaker while not dampening the sound too much.  But I'd rather have an all-metal, one piece thing like the Overlord.  I plan on adding silver detailing to my new Dark Prophecy, so I don't mind that the Overlord pommel only comes in silver, but a black option would have been nice too.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6141 on: June 27, 2018, 05:04:48 AM »

Would there be an interest in a blade length between the 24" initiate, and the 32" blade ?
I'm a bit on the short side 5'6", and when I was checking out UltraSabers at Mega Con, I kept tagging the floor with most of the blades when I would try to twirl it. As a result I got an Initiate V2 . The 24" is great, but it doesn't look too imposing. So I was wondering if a 28" or 30" blade would be a possibility for a wish list?...I think I'm not the only height impaired that would benefit from a tween size.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I cut an extra 32" blade down to 30" and I think it's perfect for me. I'm 5' 11" for reference.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Death Cyborg
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

Naughty Person

« Reply #6142 on: June 27, 2018, 08:27:40 AM »

What did you use to cut the blade Darth?
My fear is ruining the blade by getting sawdust from the cutting down inside the blade.. or did you use a pipe cutter of some sort ?
I cut an extra 32" blade down to 30" and I think it's perfect for me. I'm 5' 11" for reference.

Sabers Owned:
Initiate V2 with Sun Riders Destiny Heavy Grade UE Blade
Dark Initiate V2 with Fire Orange Mid Grade Blade
For now......Mwahahahahahaha !!!
(__(((((__o_(((_]]                                                           
(__(((((__0_(((_]]                                                            

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6143 on: June 27, 2018, 11:27:18 AM »

I too, would like to know how you cut it as well, Silenoz.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6144 on: June 27, 2018, 04:38:02 PM »

30" is a great blade length DS, probably my favorite and I am 5'8" for reference.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6145 on: June 27, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »

Did you cut a 32" or 36" blade, Edon?  Or did you buy it elsewhere?

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6146 on: June 27, 2018, 06:33:09 PM »

I bought my 30 inchers elsewhere but am going to cut one of my blue dayblades soon so that I can make a blade plug for my azure reaper and also have a shorter blue dayblade.  Thinking of using a tubing cutter instead of an electric saw as I hear it gives a cleaner cut.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6147 on: June 27, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »

Thinking of using a tubing cutter instead of an electric saw as I hear it gives a cleaner cut.

Hi Edon,

A plumber's tube cutter will give a better cut with less dust as it carves a scored line first and when you have rotated the cutter a few revolutions you tighten the blade down a little further and repeat. You don't actually "rip" into the blade you scratch a groove then deepen the groove until it slices through. Also helps keep the cut straight.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6148 on: June 27, 2018, 07:36:20 PM »

I too, would like to know how you cut it as well, Silenoz.
What did you use to cut the blade Darth?
My fear is ruining the blade by getting sawdust from the cutting down inside the blade.. or did you use a pipe cutter of some sort ?

As For Tyeth said a tube cutter makes it super easy, and you can get them for around $10. I would say to also consider how you will deal with the blade film. I bought some cellophane from a hobby shop and cut it to size. I found this video very helpful for getting the blade film right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iBnWdlEtsk
I used a half inch dowel to roll up the film, and then you can just slide it in the blade. looks just like new.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6149 on: June 27, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »

Thanks you two!  Point for the great info!

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: