Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488722 times)
HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #7095 on: December 06, 2018, 02:48:01 AM »

Ok - something that came up in a different thread...

We want a "Dark Spectre" Smiley

Dark Spectre AND a Spectre LE.  That gold trim would look sick on that samurai style hilt, like Uma Thurman's sword in Kill Bill.

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7096 on: December 06, 2018, 07:38:16 AM »

Dark Spectre AND a Spectre LE.  That gold trim would look sick on that samurai style hilt, like Uma Thurman's sword in Kill Bill.

Hi HanSolo Voltron and all who suggested a Dark Spectre, I have knocked up a Blender 3D model for you all to take a look at to get an idea what it might look like.
I haven't posted it here so as not to cause any confusion, it can be found here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg685969#msg685969

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7097 on: December 06, 2018, 12:19:28 PM »

Hi HanSolo Voltron and all who suggested a Dark Spectre, I have knocked up a Blender 3D model for you all to take a look at to get an idea what it might look like.
I haven't posted it here so as not to cause any confusion, it can be found here:

Ask and Tyeth shall deliver!!!!

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #7098 on: December 06, 2018, 02:38:17 PM »

With a little sand paper and elbow grease one can kind of make a Dark Prophecy LE. (shameless self plug)

As for "String blades" and NeoPixels, people in this hobby still hearken back to Hasbro sabers' string blades. From what I understand, NeoPixel isn't your grandfather's string blade. I know of one or two other vendors who offer their sabers as being duelable, and they offer NeoPixel. For hardest duelling they still suggest inhilt. However, NeoPixel can be done in HG blades (or so i hear) which would remove it's primary enemy in midgrade, and that is flexing. The tech is fairly young still, but I think inhilt's days are probably coming to a close for anything but extremely entry level sabers.

What's more, US still using 7.4v twin 14500 batteries would make use of NeoPixel's by them a bit dubious, NeoPixel's run fine under a single cell, but they require high amp drain and high capacity cells. US's already outdated 14500's give the life on a tricree that a single 18650 pack can give on a NeoPixel blade. With the size of US hilts they could even use 26650s if they wanted, but with them not keeping up just with 18650/500 as the battery standard, I doubt they'd adjust even more. Plus Diamond is only a year or so old, I doubt they're going to release a new soundboard so shortly, and they'd likely need a new soundboard build from the ground up unless they want to use some of the otherguys soundboards which are WAY ahead for NeoPixel setups. 

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #7099 on: December 06, 2018, 08:19:37 PM »

Excellent work For Tyeth Smiley That looks amazing. The grey accents are a nice touch.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7100 on: December 06, 2018, 08:29:18 PM »

Excellent work For Tyeth Smiley That looks amazing. The grey accents are a nice touch.

Thanks DPM, I'd say I could still add a bit more detail to it but this was just meant as a model to give a basic idea how it would look! It still took me about a day to build as getting the windows cut out and lined up on the emitter shroud and blade holder took a little more time (there are five windows of tapering heights).

The fact it is predominantly black was also a problem getting details to show up.
Thanks and a point incoming.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7101 on: December 07, 2018, 03:07:40 AM »

Gold trim Spectre would definately tip me over the edge to open up my wallet.  Good idea Han, great concept work Tyeth!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7102 on: December 07, 2018, 02:49:31 PM »

Saber Builder feature on the website. Pay more, get a custom franken-saber.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7103 on: December 07, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »

That's a really cool idea.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7104 on: December 07, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »

Gold trim Spectre would definately tip me over the edge to open up my wallet.  Good idea Han, great concept work Tyeth!

Hi Edon, thanks man glad you approve of my mock up.  I had loads of fun trying to line those windows up  Smiley

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7105 on: December 07, 2018, 04:25:34 PM »

I like it.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7106 on: December 07, 2018, 12:31:55 PM »

A another vote from me

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7107 on: December 07, 2018, 08:59:42 PM »

I've been wanting the Azure Omen to come back into stock for awhile now...

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7108 on: December 07, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »

I've been wanting the Azure Omen to come back into stock for awhile now...

May the Force be with you. The Omen is the McRib of the Ultrasabers catalog. It only comes back in stock once a great while. My best guess is that there's less demand for that saber, so they don't produce them like they do the others. I've been thinking of breaking down and getting a Crimson one, before that too is out of stock.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7109 on: December 07, 2018, 05:04:48 PM »

Since I received my DA V5, i've decided i want more sabers with the window option like them. This new saber has a blade collar that can be removed and inverted to make it look very different:

The collar is just about 3 inches long, plus the set screw is longer than the norm. about 1/4 inch. When inverted the collar sticks out about 1/8 inch, but helps to make the saber look even better. If the DS LE and Sentinel LE V5 has these collars, it allows a high degree of customization. If they can be swapped, a black vs silver collar can be exchanged. I'm very, very interested in finding out if this is possible.

With the collar removed, the emitter is just shy of 1.4 inches wide. It will not allow a 1.5" OD polyblade to be used though. But this makes me very impressed with the new series of hilts.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: