Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1490204 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7155 on: January 14, 2019, 05:41:43 PM »

I think that would be a delightfully simple (and doable) design.

I was just thinking that it looked a lot like a Catalyst, but there are some very obvious differences.  :-)  This would be a very elegant, fairly simple design and a nice complement to the Catalyst.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7156 on: January 14, 2019, 06:26:02 PM »

I was just thinking that it looked a lot like a Catalyst, but there are some very obvious differences.  :-)  This would be a very elegant, fairly simple design and a nice complement to the Catalyst.
Yup. I'll bet with a modified neck and emitter, one could easily achieve this with a pair of Catalysts. However, I would prefer them to be of the Ini length variety since 12" hilts make for excessively long staffs.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7157 on: January 15, 2019, 12:58:23 PM »

An update for the Diamond Controller.  Cool I have given several things I would like to see upgraded, on several occasions. I know I am not alone!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7158 on: January 15, 2019, 01:17:23 PM »

An update for the Diamond Controller.  Cool I have given several things I would like to see upgraded, on several occasions. I know I am not alone!
I've tried someone else's Diamond. I'll admit, it leaves much to be desired.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7159 on: January 15, 2019, 08:33:24 AM »

I've tried someone else's Diamond. I'll admit, it leaves much to be desired.

Not sure how to read your response but I will say:

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7160 on: January 15, 2019, 04:01:35 PM »

Not sure how to read your response but I will say:

I didn't think it was very user friendly. I personally would have made the font change command just an AV push, like the Obs V4.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #7161 on: January 15, 2019, 04:26:39 PM »

Diamond is very involved. If you take the time to learn it, it works. Personally I found it to be a hassle especially when at cons

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7162 on: January 15, 2019, 11:26:08 AM »

My impression of the Diamond controller is the same: Its great at what it does, if you take the time to learn how to use it ... and it can be a pain under "field" conditions.  But I am not the best judge in some ways, since my favorite is the Lite...   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7163 on: January 15, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »

I didn't think it was very user friendly. I personally would have made the font change command just an AV push, like the Obs V4.
I haven't used mine that much, but I do agree that I wish it was controlled with the button push.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7164 on: January 16, 2019, 04:56:30 AM »

Once you get it setup just the way you want it, Diamond can be a thing of beauty.  But be prepared to study and lots of sometimes frustrating trial and error while tinkering to get just right.  But honestly now that I have an Emerald with V3 sound, it feels like that one has a shorter battery life than the previous battery sucking champ my Diamond. 

So what I want from US is longer battery life on their higher end boards please.  I haven't been able to make it through cons without extra batteries and chargers which I guess is typical but nonetheless annoying.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7165 on: January 16, 2019, 05:15:52 AM »

Because of the great response I got with the descriptions for the other sabers, I thought I would try my luck again, and see if any of you wonderful saber fans would be willing to describe the following sabers to this Blind Jedi.
Flamberge LE, and Flamberge V2:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40533.0
You guys have no idea how much I appreciate your help with these descriptions.
It gives me a better idea of what they look like, and well, makes me want to purchase them even more.
Thanks again.
Thanks to the following for their descriptions of the following sabers.
Lady Agana Kath,, Chosen One.  Rapine, Dorinian, Archon, and Graflex.  James Casey, Guardian, and Spectre.  Solstice Lacer, and Infinit01, Electrum Wind, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Omen, and Catalyst.  Infinit01, Savior, Butcher, and Renegade.

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #7166 on: January 16, 2019, 06:06:44 AM »

I wasn't super impressed with the Diamond controller to be honest; I returned my Diamond saber within the 3 days and ate the 20% restocking fee cause I just really didn't like it or the hilt I got it in too much. The gestures are a neat idea, but get annoying when you swing the saber around and they're randomly firing off making random noise/color. Yes I know you can turn them off. Color changing on the fly is kinda cool to fine tune colors in real time so I'll give it that. The software to configure it is alright, you can do some neat things with the color pulsing but not too much else. It definitely just felt lacking in my opinion. And I think it needs some kind of Chassis instead of just being stuck/taped to a battery pack that isn't exactly the sturdiest of materials.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #7167 on: January 16, 2019, 07:21:44 AM »

An update for the Diamond Controller.  Cool I have given several things I would like to see upgraded, on several occasions. I know I am not alone!

You are not alone BatMike90! The Diamond controller is powerful and as I've come to find out; extremely unique among all saber lighting capabilities on the market. I'll be the first to admit... there's not much more impressive than a bright neopixel, but across all platforms; I've never come across something that offers more control over LED colors and behaviors. Automation in the Diamond Controller / UltraSabers Launcher software is a thing of beauty and there's nothing else even remotely like it that I've found.

The gestures are a neat idea, but get annoying when you swing the saber around and they're randomly firing off making random noise/color. Yes I know you can turn them off.

You can turn them off, but more importantly; you can adjust the sensitivity, customize them with unique sounds - and - if you create your own gesture movements / sequences, you can make them unique and/or difficult enough that they will never accidentally trigger... only when you want them to.

Color changing on the fly is kinda cool to fine tune colors in real time so I'll give it that. The software to configure it is alright, you can do some neat things with the color pulsing but not too much else. It definitely just felt lacking in my opinion.

Diamond offers much, much more than pulsing. Check out what I've been doing for my Metallica-themed fonts. With the automation capabilities of the LEDs via Diamond, I can sync anything along with the beat of the music, and it enhances the font big time. I've loaded the same fonts on some of "The Others Guys" sabers, and a noticeable amount of the experience is lost without the synced LED sequences.

Besides music fonts, with automation control over the LEDs, you can create more violent power on effects to compliment aggressive style fonts, etc. Making an unstable blade effect for my Kylo-inspired "Son of Darkness" font would not have been possible without the automation control points and sequence repeat functionality. Basic flicker isn't the same and the only thing I've seen that competes with it is the flame or unstable pixel effect.

And I think it needs some kind of Chassis instead of just being stuck/taped to a battery pack that isn't exactly the sturdiest of materials.

This is maybe the biggest complaint I've heard. UltraSabers should consider implementing a chassis. The hilts are generally larger than the competition, which gives them plenty of room to work with.

I think the biggest advantage of the Diamond Controller and the Launcher software is the ability to facilitate creativity. It takes a little time to learn the software and maybe a little longer to realize your vision, but... it provides you the ability to realize that vision. If you have something in your head that you want to see, you can see it with time and patience.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #7168 on: January 17, 2019, 01:36:36 AM »

You are not alone BatMike90! The Diamond controller is powerful and as I've come to find out; extremely unique among all saber lighting capabilities on the market. I'll be the first to admit... there's not much more impressive than a bright neopixel, but across all platforms; I've never come across something that offers more control over LED colors and behaviors. Automation in the Diamond Controller / UltraSabers Launcher software is a thing of beauty and there's nothing else even remotely like it that I've found.

You can turn them off, but more importantly; you can adjust the sensitivity, customize them with unique sounds - and - if you create your own gesture movements / sequences, you can make them unique and/or difficult enough that they will never accidentally trigger... only when you want them to.

Diamond offers much, much more than pulsing. Check out what I've been doing for my Metallica-themed fonts. With the automation capabilities of the LEDs via Diamond, I can sync anything along with the beat of the music, and it enhances the font big time. I've loaded the same fonts on some of "The Others Guys" sabers, and a noticeable amount of the experience is lost without the synced LED sequences.

Besides music fonts, with automation control over the LEDs, you can create more violent power on effects to compliment aggressive style fonts, etc. Making an unstable blade effect for my Kylo-inspired "Son of Darkness" font would not have been possible without the automation control points and sequence repeat functionality. Basic flicker isn't the same and the only thing I've seen that competes with it is the flame or unstable pixel effect.

This is maybe the biggest complaint I've heard. UltraSabers should consider implementing a chassis. The hilts are generally larger than the competition, which gives them plenty of room to work with.

I think the biggest advantage of the Diamond Controller and the Launcher software is the ability to facilitate creativity. It takes a little time to learn the software and maybe a little longer to realize your vision, but... it provides you the ability to realize that vision. If you have something in your head that you want to see, you can see it with time and patience.

Yeah, I get your point about the programming - that's cool to know you can really tweak it a bit more. I've checked out your Metallica fonts, they're pretty awesome man - love the creativity! I didn't want to make it seem like I was just bashing the product or anything; but with a few choice improvements I think it could be a much more attractive offering.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #7169 on: January 16, 2019, 08:32:52 PM »

Yeah, I get your point about the programming - that's cool to know you can really tweak it a bit more.

You can tweak until your heart is content... and well past that Lol. You can tweak until you are blue in the face and frankly need to walk away from it for awhile.

I've checked out your Metallica fonts, they're pretty awesome man - love the creativity!

Thank you very much deevee2, I appreciate that Smiley

I didn't want to make it seem like I was just bashing the product or anything; but with a few choice improvements I think it could be a much more attractive offering.

I didn't interpret your commentary as bashing; I just wanted to make sure you were aware how capable the Diamond Controller is before giving up on it. For a long time, it's all I knew. I always felt it was a good product, but didn't fully appreciate it until I eventually discovered how unique it truly was against the competition. The competition has some things Diamond doesn't of course, but I personally love the flexibility of Diamond.

On your second point, I agree. Personally, I think if UltraSabers offered duel-ready neopixel with the same Diamond style configuration capability and interface software, there would be little reason to purchase anything else and they would absolutely dominate.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: