Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488513 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7290 on: February 13, 2019, 09:50:46 AM »

Can anyone see a problem with milling in a .375" x 1" slot into the emitter of Ini V2s to achieve the ends Revan is looking for?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7291 on: February 13, 2019, 06:00:32 PM »

None.   Just make sure you mill the slots to either side of the blade retention screws.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7292 on: February 13, 2019, 11:35:36 AM »

Because of the great response I got with the descriptions for the other sabers, I thought I would try my luck again, and see if any of you wonderful saber fans would be willing to describe the following sabers to this Blind Jedi.
Flamberge LE, and Flamberge V2:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40533.0
You guys have no idea how much I appreciate your help with these descriptions.
It gives me a better idea of what they look like, and well, makes me want to purchase them even more.
Thanks to the following for their descriptions of the following sabers.
Lady Agana Kath,, Chosen One.  Rapine, Dorinian, Archon, and Graflex.  James Casey, Guardian, and Spectre.  Solstice Lacer, and Infinit01, Electrum Wind, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Omen, and Catalyst.  Infinit01, Savior, Butcher, and Renegade.
I appreciate all of the descriptions I have gotton thus far, and hope they keep coming in the future. 
Thanks again everyone for describing the sabers, it is extremely helpful.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7293 on: February 13, 2019, 11:37:13 AM »

None.   Just make sure you mill the slots to either side of the blade retention screws.  :-)
Well duh. Tongue I was more concerned about the retention screws still having enough stability to hold combat blades without coming out or getting loose. But I don't think the 1" slot depth will affect the 2nd screw.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7294 on: February 13, 2019, 11:54:55 AM »

Kinda poking around and assuming the catalyst has a removable emitter. If you got a tcss emitter (mhsv2 style 1) you could cut the dual slots. Just my 1/4 cents worth.

That requires having access to a mill and an emitter that would look proper before. Closest I've found still has additional slots.... Or they could make one and take not just my money but money from other people who would like a two-pronged emitter that currently does not exist and have the closest option on market, filling a niche. Latter seems like the better marketing strategy.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7295 on: February 13, 2019, 12:03:08 PM »

Can anyone see a problem with milling in a .375" x 1" slot into the emitter of Ini V2s to achieve the ends Revan is looking for?

I do. It only comes in stunt and is a short staff unless you add an extensions that don't exist for V2 Tongue

Already have a make-do. Any more spent is only going to be on an upgrade

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7296 on: February 13, 2019, 12:13:59 PM »

I do. It only comes in stunt and is a short staff unless you add an extensions that don't exist for V2 Tongue

Already have a make-do. Any more spent is only going to be on an upgrade
Just spitballing. Also How tall are you?

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7297 on: February 13, 2019, 01:44:33 PM »

Just spitballing. Also How tall are you?
5'1. losing emitter space on V2 would effectively leave 14 inches of useable space when connected as a staff with the switches exactly under the only hand space available making it extremely non-ergonomic. Plus, without sound available as an option at all, it would be a downgrade. Any further staves purchased for project will only be upgrades.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7298 on: February 13, 2019, 09:07:52 PM »

5'1. losing emitter space on V2 would effectively leave 14 inches of useable space when connected as a staff with the switches exactly under the only hand space available making it extremely non-ergonomic. Plus, without sound available as an option at all, it would be a downgrade. Any further staves purchased for project will only be upgrades.
You wouldn't be losing any length. Personally I never let my hands get near the emitter of any saber.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7299 on: February 13, 2019, 02:22:39 PM »

Just below the emitter is the best choke point. Hands too close together on a staff makes for limited maneuverability.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7300 on: February 13, 2019, 03:56:40 PM »

Mill the slots back about 2/3 of the way to the base of the emitter.  That will be plenty for the aesthetic, it leaves the base of the emitter intact for strength, and it maintains the choke point for handling.

Also, you can gain some length by using a pair of Aeon V2s rather than a pair of Initiate V2s.   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7301 on: February 14, 2019, 01:53:46 PM »

Just below the emitter is the best choke point. Hands too close together on a staff makes for limited maneuverability.
True. I forget just how short the V2s are. Maybe a pair of Aeon V2s.

Sig by For Tyeth

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7302 on: February 18, 2019, 10:43:59 PM »

Because of the great response I got with the descriptions for the other sabers, I thought I would try my luck again, and see if any of you wonderful saber fans would be willing to describe the following sabers to this Blind Jedi.
Flamberge LE, and Flamberge V2:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40533.0
You guys have no idea how much I appreciate your help with these descriptions.
It gives me a better idea of what they look like, and well, makes me want to purchase them even more.
Thanks to the following for their descriptions of the following sabers.
Lady Agana Kath,, Chosen One.  Rapine, Dorinian, Archon, and Graflex.  James Casey, Guardian, and Spectre.  Solstice Lacer, and Infinit01, Electrum Wind, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Omen, and Catalyst.  Infinit01, Savior, Butcher, and Renegade.
I appreciate all of the descriptions I have gotton thus far, and hope they keep coming in the future. 
Thanks again everyone for describing the sabers, it is extremely helpful.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7303 on: February 19, 2019, 09:14:59 PM »

Two simple things the competition does that I wish US would add to their buffet of options are vibration motor and segmented style lit AV switches.  Simple customization touches that add a little character to the look and feel of a saber.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7304 on: February 20, 2019, 06:32:30 AM »

red av switch option >.> even if only unlit

Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: