Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489768 times)
digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #7425 on: March 28, 2019, 10:19:44 AM »

How about Darth Maul's newer lightsaber hilt from the Solo Movie....?  I think this would be a surefire hit for Ultrasabers, plus it just so badass!!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7426 on: March 28, 2019, 10:43:13 AM »

How about Darth Maul's newer lightsaber hilt from the Solo Movie....?  I think this would be a surefire hit for Ultrasabers, plus it just so badass!!

Agreed. The only problem is that it would end up being extremely expensive due to the extra pieces of metal and the design.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7427 on: March 28, 2019, 07:25:07 PM »

Booo

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7428 on: March 28, 2019, 03:11:54 PM »

Agreed. The only problem is that it would end up being extremely expensive due to the extra pieces of metal and the design.
And actually dangerous to one's self LOL.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7429 on: April 02, 2019, 06:25:08 PM »

What we really need is a blade builder style system.  Where we can pick a series of parts to create our own sabers.
Claws, emitter, upper grip, mid grip, lower grip, pommel, shroud, and so on.
Then UltraSabers could assemble the saber and add in the electronics.
I'd love to be able to create my own saber from existing parts.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7430 on: April 02, 2019, 07:30:39 PM »

What we really need is a blade builder style system.  Where we can pick a series of parts to create our own sabers.
Claws, emitter, upper grip, mid grip, lower grip, pommel, shroud, and so on.
Then UltraSabers could assemble the saber and add in the electronics.
I'd love to be able to create my own saber from existing parts.
I'll second this

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7431 on: April 03, 2019, 02:49:29 AM »

I would go with azure menace emitter, azure grand master hilt, and azure dorinian pommel

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7432 on: April 03, 2019, 04:11:01 AM »

I would go with azure menace emitter, azure grand master hilt, and azure dorinian pommel
Wow, that would be an awesome choice.
Mine would have to be the Dark Menace emitter, Dark Dorinian body, and Guardian pommel.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7433 on: April 03, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »

So I was thinking about something I read Ultra experimented with back when, about steel sabers. I crossed this with a competitors saber I saw at a con, and began to wonder what kind of designs we could see by introducing this material to the line up. I know steel is 3x heavier than aluminum, so to compensate designs could be smaller and have thinner walls because on the flip side steel is also 3x stronger than aluminum. I feel they could still do the same great job of getting oohs and ahhs from us.

What do y'all think?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7434 on: April 03, 2019, 08:46:15 AM »

A thinner-walled saber would open up some possibilities of just overall thinner hilts.  My primary "complaint" against a lot of the hilts in the line-up is that they're just a bit to chunky for really comfortable wield.  I don't know what the materials cost would be, but especially in the higher-end models using steel instead of aluminum to make the outer diameters thinner would be an excellent choice.  I'd LOVE a Guardian that wielded like an Aeon.   :-)

Using steel might also open up more multi-tone metallic parts options, too.  Especially if you mixed a steel core with aluminum overlays or shrouds.  (which could also be thinner if they were backed by the stronger steel...)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7435 on: April 03, 2019, 04:19:23 PM »

A thinner-walled saber would open up some possibilities of just overall thinner hilts.  My primary "complaint" against a lot of the hilts in the line-up is that they're just a bit to chunky for really comfortable wield.  I don't know what the materials cost would be, but especially in the higher-end models using steel instead of aluminum to make the outer diameters thinner would be an excellent choice.  I'd LOVE a Guardian that wielded like an Aeon.   :-)

Using steel might also open up more multi-tone metallic parts options, too.  Especially if you mixed a steel core with aluminum overlays or shrouds.  (which could also be thinner if they were backed by the stronger steel...)
As far as know, steel is pretty cheap, but has a higher machining cost due to its added strength. Better still, sabers with shrouds could use steel for the core and aluminum for the shrouds. This would be able to significantly reduce ODs. I love my Mantis and Scorpion, but the shrouds make them uncomfortably thick.

Sig by For Tyeth

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7436 on: April 03, 2019, 08:51:46 PM »

As a man with big hands, US OD has never bothered me. But I would enjoy smaller OD hilts..just my 2 cents.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7437 on: April 03, 2019, 09:04:44 PM »

As much as we like to customize our sabers here I don't think steel would be a good idea. The corrosion factor makes it a no go. Think of all the aging, drilling, battle damage that we like to do around here. Steel would make doing all of those harder plus taking off any coating by doing them would leave the steel ripe for rust.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7438 on: April 03, 2019, 09:06:48 PM »

As much as we like to customize our sabers here I don't think steel would be a good idea. The corrosion factor makes it a no go. Think of all the aging, drilling, battle damage that we like to do around here. Steel would make doing all of those harder plus taking off any coating by doing them would leave the steel ripe for rust.

For the money I spend on sabers, rust would be a big problem. Valid point and have a point!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7439 on: April 04, 2019, 12:59:40 AM »

Obsidian V5, orient power ons, say like you hold your saber down to the left the pitch will sound like that, and recharge ports just an automatic feature and either below the switch or opposite of the switch =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: