Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488448 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7725 on: June 22, 2019, 08:38:04 PM »

They show the recharge port in the video

Guess I missed it or need better glasses because I didn't see the location.

Edit: Ok, I see it's in one of the sound holes on the side near the covertec wheel. The direct US video would not resize so I had missed it.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7726 on: June 24, 2019, 01:40:45 PM »

Longer blade plugs

I've got the Grand Master and the plug floats below the locking screw, that's how deep it is.

I'll have to order a 40" clear thin wall polycarb  from TCSS and make my own (and have more excess tube than I need)

a blade plate to press against and hold the blade in the hilt, instead of direct pressure from the locking screw.

I've got a screw shaped gouge in my HG.  The UE MG on my wife's arrived with a large divot from the locking screw warping the material.
Seems like a curved plate would add more even pressure.
I ran into this with my first; a Scorp. So I requested a 4" piece of scrap and ordered an extra tip and made a custom plug. Although now it occupies my Archon. I've wished that they would offer custom length plugs to fit the specific hilt. So if you add a plug to your saber specs, it will automatically order the custom length.

And for all those ordering the new Dominicide.........................I hate you. #soincrediblyjealous

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7727 on: June 24, 2019, 01:51:34 PM »

I ran into this with my first; a Scorp. So I requested a 4" piece of scrap and ordered an extra tip and made a custom plug. Although now it occupies my Archon. I've wished that they would offer custom length plugs to fit the specific hilt. So if you add a plug to your saber specs, it will automatically order the custom length.

And for all those ordering the new Dominicide.........................I hate you. #soincrediblyjealous

It's okay. Some of us are poor  Grin

New saber always test my financial responsibility, buuut so this reply is still on-topic, MHS claws could be a fun customization option. It would require some heavy tinkering but emitters like the Manticore could just be cranked up to 11 with some spike bois

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7728 on: June 26, 2019, 04:10:36 AM »

Ok, I have a suggestion that may be out of left field, but here it is anyway.
I think the COnsular and other sabers with shrouds should have options to add in personalized cutout patterns.  Basically I want the option to add my initials into a shroud, but in morse code.
For example mine would be Dash dot dot dot, dot dash dash dash.  This spells out BJ for Blind Jedi.
Either that or there could be predefined options for cutouts, or ingravings for the shrouds.
I just think the shroud on the Consular needs something, maybe just a basic cutout pattern to make it closer to the film version.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7729 on: June 26, 2019, 06:30:19 AM »

It's okay. Some of us are poor  Grin
This one more than most. My last saber was over 2 years ago. I'm itchin' for a fix. But I've also been longing for an Exar Kun model for a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time.

New saber always test my financial responsibility, buuut so this reply is still on-topic, MHS claws could be a fun customization option. It would require some heavy tinkering but emitters like the Manticore could just be cranked up to 11 with some spike bois
Had similar thoughts to this before. When I first discovered US, I mistook all their wares to be MHS, and not just pommels. I would love to change out the Mantis claws for War Glaive claws. One madhouse worthy notion was to staff War Glaives with 4 Malice "claws" on each end. Roll Eyes

Ok, I have a suggestion that may be out of left field, but here it is anyway.
I think the COnsular and other sabers with shrouds should have options to add in personalized cutout patterns.  Basically I want the option to add my initials into a shroud, but in morse code.
For example mine would be Dash dot dot dot, dot dash dash dash.  This spells out BJ for Blind Jedi.
Either that or there could be predefined options for cutouts, or ingravings for the shrouds.
I just think the shroud on the Consular needs something, maybe just a basic cutout pattern to make it closer to the film version.
Not sure if you got the memo, but US stays clear of custom work deliberately to avoid claims against their work because they didn't do it to what the customer expected. If they can show what will be delivered each time, then there is less expectation that can't be met.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JukeLake777
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7730 on: June 26, 2019, 10:28:50 AM »

I'm sure it's been mentioned before somewhere, bu I don't have the time right now to go look for it, but I think an awesome addition to the US website features would be a "wishlist". A list where you can design your saber as you would if you were purchasing it, and then save that saber under your wishlist. I know that I would appreciate it because I've come up with some really cool saber designs, and saved it to my cart for future reference, but then I had to delete it when actually buying something because I didn't have the money at the time

- Stunt Sentinel v4/Adegan Silver
- Stunt Dark Sentinel LE v4/Blazing Red
- Stunt Dominix LE v4/Violet Amethyst
- Stunt Dominix v4/Pyrestone Orange

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7731 on: June 26, 2019, 05:45:13 PM »

I'm sure it's been mentioned before somewhere, bu I don't have the time right now to go look for it, but I think an awesome addition to the US website features would be a "wishlist". A list where you can design your saber as you would if you were purchasing it, and then save that saber under your wishlist. I know that I would appreciate it because I've come up with some really cool saber designs, and saved it to my cart for future reference, but then I had to delete it when actually buying something because I didn't have the money at the time

The site already has this. You just need to log in.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7732 on: June 26, 2019, 11:29:05 AM »

Yes the site has a wishlist function, however the last time I endeavored to use it, it only remembered what hilt you specced and nothing of your customizations. They may have fixed this issue since I was last on, but that hasn't been in a while due to security compatibility issues. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7733 on: June 26, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »

Yes the site has a wishlist function, however the last time I endeavored to use it, it only remembered what hilt you specced and nothing of your customizations. They may have fixed this issue since I was last on, but that hasn't been in a while due to security compatibility issues. Angry

It's been fixed! Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7734 on: June 26, 2019, 11:51:14 AM »

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7735 on: June 26, 2019, 07:30:23 PM »

You can also add straight from the wish list to your cart when you're ready, so that's convenient

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7736 on: June 26, 2019, 12:37:43 PM »

Hi All,

Not a request or suggestion but I just wanted to say I got my first Email Newsletter from US yesterday after signing up for a second time...so US have fixed the mailing list too!  WooHooo!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7737 on: June 26, 2019, 12:40:33 PM »

You can also add straight from the wish list to your cart when you're ready, so that's convenient
Considering that a) I can't get to the website from a desktop and b) no funds, it's prolly best that I don't start making wishes.

Sig by For Tyeth

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7738 on: June 26, 2019, 03:11:53 PM »

Not sure if you got the memo, but US stays clear of custom work deliberately to avoid claims against their work because they didn't do it to what the customer expected. If they can show what will be delivered each time, then there is less expectation that can't be met.
Nope, didn't get the memo.  But, I still want options for the Consular's shroud to have either an ingraved pattern, or a cutout pattern.  Just plane metal doesn't work for me.  I need something with a little character.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7739 on: June 27, 2019, 05:43:50 AM »

Nope, didn't get the memo.  But, I still want options for the Consular's shroud to have either an engraved pattern, or a cutout pattern.  Just plane metal doesn't work for me.  I need something with a little character.
Now I'm sure you could find someone like Drahcir that would be able to modify a shroud for you. Also, it's a replica saber, so most aren't going to want anything that differs from what Qui Gon has.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: