Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1472640 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7875 on: October 01, 2019, 08:22:24 PM »

I would love to see an update on the Diamond board that lets the user add a background music track. That would help me out immensely. I would love to be able to swing my Ultrasabers around to some sweet metal tracks.

But this is just my wishlist item.

I'm confused... isn't this the "hum" effect?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #7876 on: October 01, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »

I'm confused... isn't this the "hum" effect?

No, he's talking about multitrack playback. There are other boards that can play music tracks and the lightsaber sounds simultaneously. So say you've got a US Guardian and you've got a great Ep I soundfont - with a board that does multitrack, it can play Duel of the Fates in the background.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7877 on: October 01, 2019, 08:32:23 PM »

No, he's talking about multitrack playback. There are other boards that can play music tracks and the lightsaber sounds simultaneously. So say you've got a US Guardian and you've got a great Ep I soundfont - with a board that does multitrack, it can play Duel of the Fates in the background.

Ahhhh... thanks!  Now I'm not confused.  I appreciate the education.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7878 on: October 01, 2019, 08:37:33 PM »

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been suggested: softer linear grips for the Flex and CO.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7879 on: October 01, 2019, 08:38:32 PM »

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been suggested: softer linear grips for the Flex and CO.

More grip options in general would be pretty great.

S2mikey
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #7880 on: October 04, 2019, 05:31:30 PM »

More grip options in general would be pretty great.

Yeah - Ive seen some sabers with grips or grip material added and its does look cool.  Its functional and stylish.  It can really change the look of a hilt so it seems new! Smiley

AEON L4, Tri-Cree Fire orange
Archon 2.1, Tri-Cree Gaurdian Blue
Dark Sentinel L4 - Tri-Cree Consular Green, Green AV switch
Initiate V3, Catalyst Pommel, Violet, AV switch

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #7881 on: October 05, 2019, 12:34:40 AM »

I still say referral points. showed off a saber today and he was on the page ordering before I walked away. commission might be asking too much.  Cheesy

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7882 on: October 06, 2019, 05:19:47 AM »

One thing I think we need is a Diamond module that can be slipped into any saber.
The hilt itself could have an LED and a switch, but these could both have either an RJ45, or some sort of USB connection.
This would mean that we could purchase more sabers, with less electronics.
What do you guys think?

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7883 on: October 06, 2019, 12:02:38 PM »

One thing I think we need is a Diamond module that can be slipped into any saber.
The hilt itself could have an LED and a switch, but these could both have either an RJ45, or some sort of USB connection.
This would mean that we could purchase more sabers, with less electronics.
What do you guys think?

I can see a few problems with this, unless certain things become standard or are removed from the options to purchase. Illuminated AV switches, recharge ports, RGB-W vs RGB-A LEDs, even the 28 mm speaker would need to be either standard for all diamond sabers, or not an option.  If all of those become standard, the price would be driven up.

Most of those are programming issues, but the recharge port would be added to base cost, plus the speaker may need to be smaller to fit a chassis instead of a battery holder, because the card would no longer be in the center as it is now. (design problem if a chassis would be used - my biggest problem in trying to make a chassis system). I found that the normal 28 mm speaker just is not easy to use in a chassis system. The larger inside diameter of US hilts does help though. But it would be a benefit because of the 2 AA li-ion batteries instead of being side by side, could instead put end to end because the chassis could be made to work this way.

Many of the other saber makers, who don't use a removable system, but do use a chassis, the wires are still connected to the switch and led module.

There are benefits and limitations to both systems, but the lower cost and faster shipping of US hilts is because they don't use either of these. An installed chassis isn't a major problem; a swappable chassis for US would be and require a lot of thinking.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

ShadowyKnight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

The Cat King [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7884 on: October 06, 2019, 04:03:02 PM »

I can see a few problems with this, unless certain things become standard or are removed from the options to purchase. Illuminated AV switches, recharge ports, RGB-W vs RGB-A LEDs, even the 28 mm speaker would need to be either standard for all diamond sabers, or not an option.  If all of those become standard, the price would be driven up.

Most of those are programming issues, but the recharge port would be added to base cost, plus the speaker may need to be smaller to fit a chassis instead of a battery holder, because the card would no longer be in the center as it is now. (design problem if a chassis would be used - my biggest problem in trying to make a chassis system). I found that the normal 28 mm speaker just is not easy to use in a chassis system. The larger inside diameter of US hilts does help though. But it would be a benefit because of the 2 AA li-ion batteries instead of being side by side, could instead put end to end because the chassis could be made to work this way.

Many of the other saber makers, who don't use a removable system, but do use a chassis, the wires are still connected to the switch and led module.

There are benefits and limitations to both systems, but the lower cost and faster shipping of US hilts is because they don't use either of these. An installed chassis isn't a major problem; a swappable chassis for US would be and require a lot of thinking.
Well said. I wish it was possible to buy a Diamond board separate from a saber. Then I could easily modify it to be interchangeable...

Nothing can't be counted, and nothing too.

My collection (which is depressing, hoping to add to it)
~Dark Initiate LE v5 stunt DVA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7885 on: October 08, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »

I still say referral points. showed off a saber today and he was on the page ordering before I walked away. commission might be asking too much.  Cheesy
Yes please. I cannot stress how hard it is NOT to tell people "And tell 'em Logos sent you." Grin Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7886 on: October 08, 2019, 06:58:31 PM »

Yes please. I cannot stress how hard it is NOT to tell people "And tell 'em Logos sent you." Grin Roll Eyes

Thirded

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7887 on: October 12, 2019, 08:44:54 PM »

As for the diamond controller electronics package I was talking about, it wouldn’t be a chassis, but a solid electronics package, speaker, control board, and batteries would all be contained in one solid unit, made in a mold, that could simply slide into a hilt.  The top of the unit would have a plug for the switch, and one for the LED.  The bottom of the unit would have a speaker, possibly the same as what is used now.  There could be a screw on the side of the unit to remove the speaker assembly and get to the battery compartment.
I think it is very possible, and would allow us saber fans to get a bunch of hilts with only a few Diamond Modules.  Plus charging this device could be done using the same USB port as you would to change the colors, sounds, etc.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #7888 on: October 12, 2019, 08:52:04 PM »

I think we need a Ben Solo saber from TLJ.
I know it wasn’t on screen for very long, but it would be cool to have a saber from before Ben fell to the dark side.

S2mikey
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #7889 on: October 14, 2019, 10:46:49 AM »

As for the diamond controller electronics package I was talking about, it wouldn’t be a chassis, but a solid electronics package, speaker, control board, and batteries would all be contained in one solid unit, made in a mold, that could simply slide into a hilt.  The top of the unit would have a plug for the switch, and one for the LED.  The bottom of the unit would have a speaker, possibly the same as what is used now.  There could be a screw on the side of the unit to remove the speaker assembly and get to the battery compartment.
I think it is very possible, and would allow us saber fans to get a bunch of hilts with only a few Diamond Modules.  Plus charging this device could be done using the same USB port as you would to change the colors, sounds, etc.

This is a great idea.  I dont mind the lack of a true chassis if they were to do something like this.  Smiley

AEON L4, Tri-Cree Fire orange
Archon 2.1, Tri-Cree Gaurdian Blue
Dark Sentinel L4 - Tri-Cree Consular Green, Green AV switch
Initiate V3, Catalyst Pommel, Violet, AV switch

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: