Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488836 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7905 on: October 21, 2019, 01:49:18 PM »

Why not something inspired by instead of a 1:1?
Not sure what you mean by this.

Maybe a hilt based on a Rapier or Foil.
Again, no.

I feel that a weapon should reflect the fighting style in which it is implemented. In what way would a rapier style saber offer an advantage over a conventional saber?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7906 on: October 21, 2019, 01:55:49 PM »

Not sure what you mean by this.
Again, no.

I feel that a weapon should reflect the fighting style in which it is implemented. In what way would a rapier style saber offer an advantage over a conventional saber?

1) I'm saying an original design inspired by that saber

2) It's not always about functionality. What advantage does The Catalyst have over the Brood Guard? No real advantages either way  just very different designs based on different real-life weapons. I mean hell, we've got sabers based on the thundercats, why not a foil/rapier? In fact I'll take the challenge! Next saber doodle will be a design inspired by a rapier with a functional advantage or tactic unique to it!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7907 on: October 21, 2019, 10:18:04 PM »

Someone mentioned the Avenger earlier, I’m not familiar with that saber.  Is it a new saber that hasn’t been announced on YouTube yet?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7908 on: October 21, 2019, 10:37:39 PM »

Someone mentioned the Avenger earlier, I’m not familiar with that saber.  Is it a new saber that hasn’t been announced on YouTube yet?

Hi BlindJedi,

That was me mentioning the "Avenger" name. I made a 3D model of Obi-Wan Kenobi's Episode 1 style saber in Blender 3D and named it "Dark Avenger" as I made the hilt black and gold. It is basically my version of what Ultrasaber's Guardian would look like in black with gold hand grip and emitter inserts.

Sorry for any confusion.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7909 on: October 21, 2019, 10:48:38 PM »

Not sure if it'd be possible for dueling here or not but a first collapsable saber design, really digging the new dark lightsaber for some reason now Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7910 on: October 21, 2019, 11:59:36 PM »

Why not something inspired by instead of a 1:1? Maybe a hilt based on a Rapier or Foil.

"Inspired by" was implied by my wording

1. Make a chassis an option for stunt sabers to protect the battery case. 
2. Make the grenade grip a default on UltraSaber designed sabers.
3. Make the Tri-Cree a default LED, yes, it'll cost more but it's worth it and one can save $5.00 to $20.00 rather easily

Please no for 2 and 3. Personally I think grenade grips are super uncomfortable and are rough on the hand, and Only a default tri-cree if FoC can still be selected. Otherwise, why not just keep it as an upgrade option (for both). That way anyone who wants it can get it, but people who don't aren't stuck with it by default.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7911 on: October 22, 2019, 01:40:10 PM »

Hi all, how about a Dark Avenger LE or a Dark Standard Battle Issue LE?

I think they kinda work.

Oh, they work, alright!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7912 on: October 22, 2019, 03:25:47 PM »

1) I'm saying an original design inspired by that saber
Oh, you mean just throw out US original designs instead of the rash of nigh-replicas they seem to have been stuck on for the last 2 years?

2) It's not always about functionality. What advantage does The Catalyst have over the Brood Guard? No real advantages either way  just very different designs based on different real-life weapons. I mean hell, we've got sabers based on the thundercats, why not a foil/rapier? In fact I'll take the challenge! Next saber doodle will be a design inspired by a rapier with a functional advantage or tactic unique to it!
I assume you're speaking as a blade enthusiast that just wants to see it done regardless of practicality? Artistic reasons I have no quarrel with. I'd have a wall of goofy saber variants if I could afford it.

The vast majority of sabers on the market are all based on the standard lightsaber design; pommel, body, emitter, blade. Easy. The Cat is simply one of many along this design, and fit in the tradition of variation of styles among the Jedi. The BG is a guard shoto, and employs different techniques all together. Using shorter blades would necessitate drawing the enemy in closer in order to strike. The different style grip would offer variations in weapon maneuverability and block effectiveness. In a similar fashion to the curved hilt, some maneuvers will become easier and others more difficult compared to standard sabers.

The rapier, although it had a double edge, was designed around keeping your enemy at a distance and striking quickly, stabbing them with the tip. Therefore, the weapon was given a long narrow blade. You're never going to decapitate or dismember somebody with one. Likewise, one would be foolish to try to use a broadsword to fence with. It could be done, but it would require a lot of strength and still be slower against the lighter and swifter rapier. A lightsaber already has a massless blade (@ Tepes, mass of plasma not withstanding Wink Tongue) with a 360° "edge, that can cut through almost anything with minimal effort, as well as stabbing. Beyond personal preferences of blade length and hilt size & weight, the standard saber design can be applied to just about any sword technique in the world.

The Avenger is "someone else's" name for the Guardian design.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7913 on: October 22, 2019, 05:05:47 PM »

The vast majority of sabers on the market are all based on the standard lightsaber design; pommel, body, emitter, blade. Easy. The Cat is simply one of many along this design, and fit in the tradition of variation of styles among the Jedi. The BG is a guard shoto, and employs different techniques all together. Using shorter blades would necessitate drawing the enemy in closer in order to strike. The different style grip would offer variations in weapon maneuverability and block effectiveness. In a similar fashion to the curved hilt, some maneuvers will become easier and others more difficult compared to standard sabers.

The rapier, although it had a double edge, was designed around keeping your enemy at a distance and striking quickly, stabbing them with the tip. Therefore, the weapon was given a long narrow blade. You're never going to decapitate or dismember somebody with one. Likewise, one would be foolish to try to use a broadsword to fence with. It could be done, but it would require a lot of strength and still be slower against the lighter and swifter rapier. A lightsaber already has a massless blade (@ Tepes, mass of plasma not withstanding Wink Tongue) with a 360° "edge, that can cut through almost anything with minimal effort, as well as stabbing. Beyond personal preferences of blade length and hilt size & weight, the standard saber design can be applied to just about any sword technique in the world.
The Avenger is "someone else's" name for the Guardian design.

Where true from a martial arts perspective, I raise you this; the lightfoil. A lesser known artifact in the EU but an existing one nonetheless! A small lightweight single-handed hilt designed for dueling and used almost exclusively in form II. I'd love to see US's take on a lightfoil. Already posted some doodles over in that thread  Wink

Edit: here's the source! https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lightfoil/Legends

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7914 on: October 22, 2019, 06:17:34 PM »

Where true from a martial arts perspective, I raise you this; the lightfoil. A lesser known artifact in the EU but an existing one nonetheless! A small lightweight single-handed hilt designed for dueling and used almost exclusively in form II. I'd love to see US's take on a lightfoil. Already posted some doodles over in that thread  Wink

Edit: here's the source! https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lightfoil/Legends
Touche

Sig by For Tyeth

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7915 on: October 22, 2019, 06:53:26 PM »

Touche

I see what you did there.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7916 on: October 22, 2019, 07:00:11 PM »

I see what you did there.

Sig by For Tyeth

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7917 on: October 22, 2019, 07:59:48 PM »

But... I'm not a girl!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7918 on: October 22, 2019, 08:09:39 PM »

That's what makes it FUNNY

Sig by For Tyeth

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7919 on: October 22, 2019, 08:11:41 PM »

That's what makes it FUNNY

You sound very much like Br'er Rabbit talking to Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox about his Laughing Place.

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: