Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488460 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7935 on: October 29, 2019, 01:39:25 PM »

I do have the AEON L4 and it’s a great hilt.  Maybe the 2 is worth looking into? Isn’t that a stunt-only saber though? I do prefer sound and some other options.
V2s are as STUNT as you can get. They do not have any options for boards, but that is because the grip areas are narrower than what is now standard. The switch area and emitter are the same diameter as the V3s, and subsequent Vs.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

S2mikey
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #7936 on: October 29, 2019, 02:26:11 PM »

V2s are as STUNT as you can get. They do not have any options for boards, but that is because the grip areas are narrower than what is now standard. The switch area and emitter are the same diameter as the V3s, and subsequent Vs.

Yep - got it.  Itd be nice then if eventually US started to produce hilts that were narrower but supported sound/electronics.  Like 1.1" to 1.25" is  a perfect diamter for spinning and such, IMO.

AEON L4, Tri-Cree Fire orange
Archon 2.1, Tri-Cree Gaurdian Blue
Dark Sentinel L4 - Tri-Cree Consular Green, Green AV switch
Initiate V3, Catalyst Pommel, Violet, AV switch

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7937 on: October 29, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »

I do have the AEON L4 and it’s a great hilt.  Maybe the 2 is worth looking into? Isn’t that a stunt-only saber though? I do prefer sound and some other options.
V2 is narrower, which is exactly why it won't take a sound card.  So if you want sound, you're going to have the thicker hilts.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

S2mikey
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #7938 on: October 29, 2019, 07:06:25 PM »

V2 is narrower, which is exactly why it won't take a sound card.  So if you want sound, you're going to have the thicker hilts.

Yep - duly noted!  I still like the thicker hilts and they do work for spinning, of course.  But something just a tad thinner would be ideal, IMO.  No worries.

AEON L4, Tri-Cree Fire orange
Archon 2.1, Tri-Cree Gaurdian Blue
Dark Sentinel L4 - Tri-Cree Consular Green, Green AV switch
Initiate V3, Catalyst Pommel, Violet, AV switch

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7939 on: October 29, 2019, 07:11:48 PM »

Yep - got it.  Itd be nice then if eventually US started to produce hilts that were narrower but supported sound/electronics.  Like 1.1" to 1.25" is  a perfect diamter for spinning and such, IMO.
That would require new boards and a change of setup. Only other option would be SS hilts. Not sure what you could get away with, but they'd probably be heavier.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7940 on: October 29, 2019, 08:34:26 PM »

Well.......................you could get a thinner hilt, but you would have to move away from aluminum to something like stainless steel, which would drastically up the cost by a lot. I've purchased a few that don't use aluminum and if you think the cost of an US with Diamond controller is high, you'd probably faint at what some builders want for theirs.

Still i'll take an UltraSabers hilt into a duel or combat over any other builders lightsabers.

That would require new boards and a change of setup. Only other option would be SS hilts. Not sure what you could get away with, but they'd probably be heavier.

Yes, they can be weightier than an aluminum hilt is, with comparable electronic set ups.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7941 on: October 30, 2019, 12:55:39 PM »

Well.......................you could get a thinner hilt, but you would have to move away from aluminum to something like stainless steel, which would drastically up the cost by a lot. I've purchased a few that don't use aluminum and if you think the cost of an US with Diamond controller is high, you'd probably faint at what some builders want for theirs.

Still i'll take an UltraSabers hilt into a duel or combat over any other builders lightsabers.

Yes, they can be weightier than an aluminum hilt is, with comparable electronic set ups.
1) I just suggested stainless ("SS")
2) US actually experimented with steel hilts way back. You could run a search to find the thread about it's ill fate.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7942 on: October 30, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »

I like the V2s for saber artistry since they're nice and thin but for cosplay, I use my V4 sabers and above

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #7943 on: October 30, 2019, 01:30:24 PM »

a contact weighted lightsaber and/or contact staff(2 blades).
For anyone curious as to contact weighted means. on a saber, the centerpoint for balance is at the halfway point of the hilt. For staves, the weight is at the very end of the staff/blades.
 Why? Because I would buy it so hard and use it all the time. For shows, for fun, for conventions, let friends play with, going to a rave, the world would be my oyster.... if I just had a contact weighted lightsaber.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7944 on: October 30, 2019, 03:07:50 PM »

I like the V2s for saber artistry since they're nice and thin but for cosplay, I use my V4 sabers and above
My thoughts exactly. Cosplay needs something with more edge to the design.

Sig by For Tyeth

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7945 on: October 30, 2019, 08:57:29 PM »

1) I just suggested stainless ("SS")
2) US actually experimented with steel hilts way back. You could run a search to find the thread about it's ill fate.

1) I saw that, but brain did not deconstruct SS for stainless steel.
2) i'll do this and see the whats and whys of how it didn't work out.

I see now why they didn't go with steel hilts. Machining costs alone would increase the cost and complexity of mass producing hilts made out of steel vs aluminum. In saying that, I do like the feel of the stainless steel hilts I do have - even though I could buy 3 or 5 US made aluminum lightsabers instead.

Have a -1 point for thoroughness.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7946 on: October 31, 2019, 03:52:44 PM »

1) I saw that, but brain did not deconstruct SS for stainless steel.
2) i'll do this and see the whats and whys of how it didn't work out.

I see now why they didn't go with steel hilts. Machining costs alone would increase the cost and complexity of mass producing hilts made out of steel vs aluminum. In saying that, I do like the feel of the stainless steel hilts I do have - even though I could buy 3 or 5 US made aluminum lightsabers instead.

Have a -1 point for thoroughness.
'Salright. I've been around for a while, and others that were around for a while before I got here educated me.

Sig by For Tyeth

darkferris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #7947 on: October 31, 2019, 07:07:43 PM »

Has anyone mentioned a Kyle Katarn lightsaber? Then it could be called "The Outcast." If it's been mentioned before cool, I'm not about to scroll through 530 pages.

Wish list : Bellicose (GB) & Dark Dorinian (Silver)
Got : dark sentinel V5 (Orange) dark initiate v5 (artic blue), Emperor’s Hand (Red), Graflex CE (SRD w/premium sound), Dominicide (PO w/Silver FOC & Premium sound.)
Wife : Sentinel LE V5 (yellow), Initiate LE V5 (Purple), Fallen Combat Ready (Green), Dark War Glaive (Bane’s Heart w/premium sound).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7948 on: October 31, 2019, 07:39:21 PM »

Has anyone mentioned a Kyle Katarn lightsaber? Then it could be called "The Outcast." If it's been mentioned before cool, I'm not about to scroll through 530 pages.
You could run a search? Undecided

Also, which one?

Sig by For Tyeth

darkferris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #7949 on: October 31, 2019, 08:44:02 PM »

I saw them online, but not on US website. I like the second better myself. They could do their own twist/inspired version of it.

Wish list : Bellicose (GB) & Dark Dorinian (Silver)
Got : dark sentinel V5 (Orange) dark initiate v5 (artic blue), Emperor’s Hand (Red), Graflex CE (SRD w/premium sound), Dominicide (PO w/Silver FOC & Premium sound.)
Wife : Sentinel LE V5 (yellow), Initiate LE V5 (Purple), Fallen Combat Ready (Green), Dark War Glaive (Bane’s Heart w/premium sound).

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: