Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488737 times)
tthorson
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

"You don't know the POWER of a Dark Side!"

« Reply #7995 on: December 05, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »

Can we get assaj ventress' hilts?
Or why not a new type of basic saber (under $100). Nothing super fancy, but great to use and look at.
(Naming suggestion: Cavalier)
Anyone else ☺️?

The Cavalier sounds pretty good.  The Wraith as a Dark Side version, maybe?

I'd be intrigued in a Dark Saber-inspired lightsaber.  Also Ahsoka Tano's (Star Wars Rebels era) lightsabers too, would be great.

More emitter, body, and pommel parts too.

An EH emitter would be great to have available for DIY'ers.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7996 on: December 05, 2019, 01:57:44 PM »

V5 versions of the Prophecy, Standard Issue, Liberator, etc. I would love to see an LE of the Broodguard

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7997 on: December 05, 2019, 04:19:04 PM »

V5 versions of the Prophecy, Standard Issue, Liberator, etc. I would love to see an LE of the Broodguard

Oooh, +1 on the v5 versions of those... the v5 versions we already have are SO beautiful, I'd love to see other sabers receive this treatment.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7998 on: December 05, 2019, 06:26:29 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7999 on: December 05, 2019, 10:17:28 PM »

ANY updated version of the Prophecy would get my vote - v5 would just be icing on the cake.

How about an Arbiter/Dark Arbiter/LE v5? with MHS compatibility for the emitter and pommel. (Current Arbiter is already MHS compatible, I know).

................or v5 MHS emitters, so those lovely windows can be added to MHS ready hilts. For example, Archon v2.1/3.1, Savior, Dorinian, Councilor, etc.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Frenzi3d_Ronin
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #8000 on: December 06, 2019, 08:34:43 PM »

I think we already have an le version of broodgurad. right? (plz tell me if Im wrong).

I wouldn't mind v5 versions of these sabers, just so long as they don't swallow my wallet.
More importantly though, as I said before, I want a new type of basic saber (under $100 or a wee bit over). I mean, l like the hilts, but it gets kind of boring seeing everyone with an initiate/aeon or sentinel (standard issue/liberator/prophecy I don't mind much since they're less commonplace). As cool as they are, It be nice to have a third type of common hilt than just these two.

P.S. anyone else like my naming suggestion, CAVALIER?

There's nothing, no opponent I cannot beat (eventually).
light side, dark side, why not relish both?
I relish the fight, shall never back down, and will win no matter the cost.
In a battle, 1, 2, 3 opponents against me, their sabers against my own, that is my home.
I serve no master or side, for I am my own, but I will always fight the good fight.
I am a ronin, and this is my oath.

Sabers:
Dominix LE v4 stunt GB
Dominix v4 stunt w/windows and A/V switch BR
Grab Bag Saber--Dark Apprentice v4 stunt GB

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #8001 on: December 06, 2019, 09:16:46 PM »

Updated hilts will be nice... But when it comes to updates, I would rather see an update in the electronics. Now, I know everybody would love to see neo pixel happening, but I'm not really interested in that for my dueling and spinning sabers. What I would like to see though is an smooth swing/real swing - whatever you want to call it - on the Obsidian Sound boards and the Diamond boards. No neos needed. Let's just get that sound up to par.

I'd still like to see parabolic blade tips - personally, I've been working around it, ordering them from TCSS and replacing the tips myself, but I'm getting lazy and would rather have them come that way.

I'd also like to see the Guardian updated - shorten the hilt.
I'm all for an update to the Prophecy!

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

S2mikey
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #8002 on: December 07, 2019, 10:36:39 PM »

Updated hilts will be nice... But when it comes to updates, I would rather see an update in the electronics. Now, I know everybody would love to see neo pixel happening, but I'm not really interested in that for my dueling and spinning sabers. What I would like to see though is an smooth swing/real swing - whatever you want to call it - on the Obsidian Sound boards and the Diamond boards. No neos needed. Let's just get that sound up to par.

I'd still like to see parabolic blade tips - personally, I've been working around it, ordering them from TCSS and replacing the tips myself, but I'm getting lazy and would rather have them come that way.

I'd also like to see the Guardian updated - shorten the hilt.
I'm all for an update to the Prophecy!

Yes - all good suggestions.  The hilts are are pretty good as is and there are so many ways to customize them.  Its the guts that Id like to see some updates too.  An option to disable the sound on the Lite board would be quite welcome. 

AEON L4, Tri-Cree Fire orange
Archon 2.1, Tri-Cree Gaurdian Blue
Dark Sentinel L4 - Tri-Cree Consular Green, Green AV switch
Initiate V3, Catalyst Pommel, Violet, AV switch

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8003 on: December 14, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »

More of a bright sky blue kinda color =] I know we have Arctic Blue but its the name, not really sky sky blue. I'd buy this one up super quick Tongue I also agree on some updated hilts as well. I'm interested to see a V5 Liberator saber now, its always been one of my favorites since day one =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #8004 on: December 14, 2019, 09:06:07 PM »

I'm seeing more and more lightsaber crafters/builders use a swappable system, where the LED module and switch(es) are permanent to the hilt, but the rest (sound card/controller/battery(ies) are removable, so they just plug that in and use the hilt, then unplug and put into a different hilt. They are doing this for a couple of reasons; 1 higher upfront 1 time cost (first hilt is complete and comes with everything), lower cost to consumer since extra hilts do not require the guts to be in every hilt purchased, lastly - standardisation. Only 2 tiers of build though - RGB LED and neo-pixel. Course, these would be money makers since they are the highest profit for these companies.

I can see how US can do this. For stunts, they can keep with the JST connectors for the LED module, so no major change there, but use a hot plug in the core of the hilt for the battery. Plus a standard switch used for all types of stunt hilt set ups. So no bundle of wires in the hilt and people can have the option of buying a kit and hilt for a complete working hilt and not worry about having a large store of batteries from the hilts purchased. I have used 4 pin aviation connectors in this instance and they do work.  This option though would make a higher base cost because of the set up for this tier.

For Obsidian, this would be tougher and to me, not feasible for this option, because of the lockup and FOC, then the different boards (lite, v3 & v4 boards).

Emerald - this also would be tough, because the no sound, lite sound and v3, v4 options would be too varied to make swappable. UNLESS the Obsidian v4 became the standard purchase with Emerald.

Diamond - the biggest area this could work in. Make the RGB (once choice here only) module solid in the hilt, Standard non-illuminated (OR Illuminated, not a choice for both) AV switch, the removable Diamond controller/speaker/battery compartment. This is where this would work best. Having the ability to swap the Diamond to different hilts, to me, would be a minor overall cost of this top tier fully outfitted hilt. "Kit" hilts without electronics package in it would be a much lower cost.

Of course, my problem in this one is having an 18 pin connector - Aviation connectors are just too large to fit, so one specifically designed to fit in US hilts would have to be found or designed and manufactured. Not sure how difficult this would be from a US standpoint. Adopting this may cause a radical redesign of US hilts overall, so I would doubt this idea would work. But........I wanted to put this out there into these forums.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #8005 on: December 15, 2019, 08:18:02 AM »

referral points. cause we all know S.E. Michigan is going to start ordering sabers starting next weekend.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #8006 on: December 21, 2019, 05:38:06 PM »

How about a better style of the Basic Sound pommel?

That 3/4 inch hole in the bottom causes me some grief around the family, so I fabbed up some plastic screens that cover that speaker membrane better. Thinking of notching the inner edge so I can put a thicker protector in there too, because what i'm using now leaves a slight gap in the threading, which annoys me.

(Yes, I have purchased separate replacement pommels that better protect the speaker, but other people may not be able to afford this option).

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #8007 on: December 22, 2019, 06:21:32 AM »

without spoilers, those who have watched will say. we like to see that new saber get made.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

crazy4softball14
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #8008 on: December 22, 2019, 02:27:12 PM »

Agreed. Without spoilers, the two new sabers. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little light, and a little dark

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #8009 on: December 22, 2019, 07:49:10 PM »

Agreed. Without spoilers, the two new sabers. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You mean three new sabers, if you are counting the hinged one from the trailers.  But, I would like to see both the new, non-trailer ones. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: