Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488645 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #8520 on: September 03, 2020, 01:56:00 AM »

Hello Logos and BlindJedi,

In April I posted these Blender 3D designs inspired by Kenobi's hilt...

not totally accurate or anything but it shows what might be possible.

you know... you make that into an stl file it could be 3d printed. I know a guy  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #8521 on: September 03, 2020, 12:18:17 PM »

you know... you make that into an stl file it could be 3d printed. I know a guy  Grin

Hi bigBear, I was thinking of getting a 3D printer but then my laptop started glitching and the whole COVID thing kicked in so I had to put spending on hold so the printer will have to wait for a while.
The thing is my models look ok in renders but they wouldn't pass the test if they were printed out - I'd need to do repairs to make the model "watertight" as it is known. This makes it easier for a printer software to slice the model into layers (There is a program named Cura that optimizes .stl file models for printing).

But should you or your Guild want a Clan saber of your own (or any 3D printed objects) in future let me know and I'll  see what I can do alright!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8522 on: September 03, 2020, 12:26:28 PM »

Blender and Cura do work nice together.
And 3D-printers can do alot, but in my humble experience, the problem lies mostly in the printability of the design.
I'm ok in using some sort of bridging and support, but every bit of support needs to be removed, sanded, etc.

But I would be the first to support and cheer for a coöperation with someone with a decent printer and some testing with your designs For Tyeth.

Unfortunately I no longer have acces to 3D-printers...

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8523 on: September 03, 2020, 02:09:23 PM »

MAKE THESE HAPPEN. I really want to see more original designs instead of the same old dusty relics we've seen in the movies for the last 40+ years.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #8524 on: September 06, 2020, 06:21:51 PM »

Hi bigBear, I was thinking of getting a 3D printer but then my laptop started glitching and the whole COVID thing kicked in so I had to put spending on hold so the printer will have to wait for a while.
The thing is my models look ok in renders but they wouldn't pass the test if they were printed out - I'd need to do repairs to make the model "watertight" as it is known. This makes it easier for a printer software to slice the model into layers (There is a program named Cura that optimizes .stl file models for printing).

But should you or your Guild want a Clan saber of your own (or any 3D printed objects) in future let me know and I'll  see what I can do alright!

yes, I'm getting familiar with Cura, I may take you up on your offer. maybe a JCOA blade plug to start.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #8525 on: September 07, 2020, 07:35:20 AM »

yes, I'm getting familiar with Cura, I may take you up on your offer. maybe a JCOA blade plug to start.

I don't want to get in the way of For Tyeth, he's a great designer, way way way better then I am. But I took the liberty to tinker a little JCOA bladeplug, just to practice a bit again. So if you'd like, take a look over here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4590350

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #8526 on: September 07, 2020, 08:16:57 AM »

Hi Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen

I took a look at your efforts and I like it. The Jedi logo is similar to the ones I use on the pommels of some of my hilts.

I did have a tinker too, but you beat me to posting but I 'll just post two test images here. Maybe if this progresses I'll add a section on my Concepts thread or maybe a new topic.

Now Tai Chi....we just need to see a few sabers from you!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #8527 on: September 07, 2020, 03:30:11 PM »

Hahaha, me doing a saber? The only 3D-program I'm proficient in is Tinkercad. Tried Blender and Sculptris, but that's a bit to hard atm. So no, I'm sorry, a lightsaber design from me will be something for the future.

The logo I used btw is the JCOA-logo they use on their Facebookpage. Took the liberty of borrowing it, hope no one minds...
And like I said, I saw a nice opportunity to Tinker a bit.

Glad you like it. It's a bit rough I think, especially compared to your beautiful design, but thank you, I tried to make it printer-friendly. No supports needed, print it in one go, and ready for use.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #8528 on: September 07, 2020, 04:12:44 PM »

Hahaha, me doing a saber? The only 3D-program I'm proficient in is Tinkercad. Tried Blender and Sculptris, but that's a bit to hard atm. So no, I'm sorry, a lightsaber design from me will be something for the future.

The logo I used btw is the JCOA-logo they use on their Facebookpage. Took the liberty of borrowing it, hope no one minds...
And like I said, I saw a nice opportunity to Tinker a bit.

Glad you like it. It's a bit rough I think, especially compared to your beautiful design, but thank you, I tried to make it printer-friendly. No supports needed, print it in one go, and ready for use.

Well I started with small steps (it's scary seeing the tube I built for my first model now) so if you ever decide to learn Blender again you can contact me if you think I can help.

I have also made a tweak to the plug I did so the central hole is now capped because  I realised part of the letter "C" was unsupported. And just for fun I dug out my saber with the Jedi pommel cap so you can see how similar we were!

Anyhoo, I'll return the thread to the topic of suggestions and thanks for your kind comments.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8529 on: September 08, 2020, 11:33:03 AM »

I'm a big fan of thin neck sabers. These designs are perfect, For! Points incoming

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8530 on: September 10, 2020, 04:42:29 AM »

I would love to see more single hilt staff designs. Mainly because I think they’re cool.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8531 on: September 10, 2020, 01:00:19 PM »

This will be dependent on how well the Dominicide does. Notice that they haven't been in too fired a hurry to sell more curved hilts after the Mantis?

Don't get me wrong, I like what you're saying. I think a Grand Master V2 that's shorter and all one piece would be fantastic.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8532 on: September 10, 2020, 02:06:44 PM »

This will be dependent on how well the Dominicide does. Notice that they haven't been in too fired a hurry to sell more curved hilts after the Mantis?

Don't get me wrong, I like what you're saying. I think a Grand Master V2 that's shorter and all one piece would be fantastic.

Considering just about all versions of the Dominicide seem to be sold out, I'm guessing sales aren't that bad.  We'll see, right?

I do think the concept of a double blade that's a single unit is a good one, though.  Gives the possibility for some creative designs.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8533 on: September 13, 2020, 02:30:51 AM »

It would be even cooler if they could incorporate the single hilt, double blade design into their basic line.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8534 on: September 14, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »

It would be even cooler if they could incorporate the single hilt, double blade design into their basic line.
It would, but the issues I see with it is that the Dominicide is not a simple design. I foresee the 1-piece v-series staffs being more expensive than the traditional 2-hilt versions.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: