Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1488831 times)
Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #8535 on: September 15, 2020, 02:39:48 AM »

Single hilt with double LED is NOT an easy thing to do. Trust me, I know of what I speak

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8536 on: September 20, 2020, 07:35:44 PM »

Single hilt with double LED is NOT an easy thing to do. Trust me, I know of what I speak

Also the power requirements are so much that the normal 2 - 14500 batteries get drained in less than 25 minutes with a Diamond controller install. That's the max use time my Dominicide LE has. It does have space to allow 2 - 18650 batteries but i'm not going to alter mine until the warranty expires.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8537 on: September 29, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »

If the power requirements are an issue, why not simply double the batteries.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8538 on: September 29, 2020, 04:50:18 PM »

If the power requirements are an issue, why not simply double the batteries.
Space.  Space is an issue.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #8539 on: September 30, 2020, 01:04:12 PM »

Space.  Space is an issue.
Something that is also really easily fixed, the hilt would just have to be 18 to 24 inches long, which is a perfect size for a double bladed light saber.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8540 on: September 30, 2020, 01:21:34 PM »

Something that is also really easily fixed, the hilt would just have to be 18 to 24 inches long, which is a perfect size for a double bladed light saber.
If you're going to do that, you may as well just staff 2 sabers together. The ideal for a true Exar Kun saber would be double blades on a 12" hilt.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #8541 on: October 01, 2020, 02:21:21 AM »

I was thinking that a single hilt would be cheaper than two hilts.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8542 on: October 01, 2020, 01:13:54 PM »

The cost of the empty hilt would basically be the same for 2 singles or 1 double. But then you'd also be paying for added complexity of work trying to wire components at twice the distance. Sorry, kiddo. Unless you're trying to get the staff down below 18", it's just more practical to get the 2 singles. The cost savings then becomes whether or not you want boards in both.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #8543 on: October 01, 2020, 06:23:53 PM »

The cost of the empty hilt would basically be the same for 2 singles or 1 double. But then you'd also be paying for added complexity of work trying to wire components at twice the distance. Sorry, kiddo. Unless you're trying to get the staff down below 18", it's just more practical to get the 2 singles. The cost savings then becomes whether or not you want boards in both.
Ultrasabers already proved they can make a double bladed saber, just look at the Dominicide. 

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8544 on: October 01, 2020, 06:28:52 PM »

Ultrasabers already proved they can make a double bladed saber, just look at the Dominicide. 

I'd be glad to, but it's out of stock.  *BA-DUM-PSHHH!*

I'll let myself out.....

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8545 on: October 01, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »

And it is very expemsive.

Just did a dry run. A stunt Ini V4 LE staff w/ windows, 32s, silver AVs, adjustable couple, 1 covertec, and blade wrench costs the exact same amount as a stunt Dark Dominicide with similar features. So that isn't terrible. The Dom is only slightly shorter emitter-emitter, so we're not actually saving any real length.

Sig by For Tyeth

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8546 on: October 01, 2020, 10:39:58 PM »

And it is very expemsive.

Just did a dry run. A stunt Ini V4 LE staff w/ windows, 32s, silver AVs, adjustable couple, 1 covertec, and blade wrench costs the exact same amount as a stunt Dark Dominicide with similar features. So that isn't terrible. The Dom is only slightly shorter emitter-emitter, so we're not actually saving any real length.

But also the Dominicide is thicker in the middle and has aluminum grips in the center.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #8547 on: October 14, 2020, 04:05:51 AM »

OK, it’s time for me to say it again, we need an Obi-Wan Kenobi saber from “A New Hope”. You can call it the Guardian V2.1. Basically, a modified Archon V2.1, simply with a grenade grip, black.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8548 on: October 14, 2020, 12:45:47 PM »

OK, it’s time for me to say it again, we need an Obi-Wan Kenobi saber from “A New Hope”. You can call it the Guardian V2.1. Basically, a modified Archon V2.1, simply with a grenade grip, black.
-_-

Sig by For Tyeth

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8549 on: October 15, 2020, 01:25:33 PM »

Liberator and Prophecy saber return please. That is all from me Tongue I still wouldn't mind having both in my collection

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: