Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489414 times)
16silver
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1755 on: August 11, 2013, 09:16:39 AM »

something i would like to see is a DIY section on the forum, and under that section have subforums for wiring, asthetics(painting/weathering/leatherworking), mechanical(drilling/tapping milling, machining etc) etc
where people can post tutorials of how they did them, cause for example the search function if you search "soldering + led" you get ALOT of irrelevant stuff if youre just looking for a guide/tutorial of soldering a simple led
just a suggestion Smiley

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #1756 on: August 11, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »

something i would like to see is a DIY section on the forum, and under that section have subforums for wiring, asthetics(painting/weathering/leatherworking), mechanical(drilling/tapping milling, machining etc) etc
where people can post tutorials of how they did them, cause for example the search function if you search "soldering + led" you get ALOT of irrelevant stuff if youre just looking for a guide/tutorial of soldering a simple led
just a suggestion Smiley
There are a few videos already for that. Look up bluespike I believe he has one

Golden silver
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1757 on: August 11, 2013, 05:06:49 PM »

Me myself would like to see a curved hilt like dooku's saber, if the battery pack could fit in it of course. I also do think a staff would be just as cool as well. I did think that the scorpion had a dooku quality to it with the claw and the emitter.

16silver
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1758 on: August 12, 2013, 01:06:34 AM »

There are a few videos already for that. Look up bluespike I believe he has one
im not looking for a video, it was a suggestion for a tutorial specific section on the forum, that would help encourage more people to diy, and also learn new things

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1759 on: August 12, 2013, 01:26:38 AM »

im not looking for a video, it was a suggestion for a tutorial specific section on the forum, that would help encourage more people to diy, and also learn new things

I think that would be a lot more convenient for some people, myself included.  I personally prefer picture tutorials to videos and it would be easier to find ones on specific topics.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

« Reply #1760 on: August 12, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »

Its been asked before I believe and it was said that it be a very big task because the material is there just things would have to be moved around

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #1761 on: August 12, 2013, 11:52:25 PM »

I'd like a guardian with quick disconnect option! I think this would make the guardian more expensive but worth it because it would increase its awesomeness. I know I'd get one.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

« Reply #1762 on: August 13, 2013, 07:30:42 AM »

I'd like a guardian with quick disconnect option! I think this would make the guardian more expensive but worth it because it would increase its awesomeness. I know I'd get one.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0RdPTsTQ8
Check this out eerockk is a genius.

YnrohKeeg
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1763 on: August 13, 2013, 08:38:19 AM »

More of a housekeeping bit, but it would be helpful if every saber had dimensions included on the info pages; some of them don't.  I was very close to buying a Reaper until I realized it was 14 inches long without claws (Thank the Force that page had the specs!).  Gorgeous hilt, but just too big for me.  There seem to be a lot of excessively long saber hilts; I realize that's (obviously) not a problem for some folks.  I personally want something a little less massive, but it's hard to tell the shorter sabers from the ginormous ones without the stats on each page (especially the older models).

As far as wishful thinking, I would LOVE a shorter, non-anodized version of the Reaper, without claws.  A light side version... dare I say... "The Sower"?  Yeah, I know, sucky name, but appropriate!  But it could totally catch on...  (like I said.  Wishful thinking!) 

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1764 on: August 13, 2013, 02:04:51 PM »

More of a housekeeping bit, but it would be helpful if every saber had dimensions included on the info pages; some of them don't.  I was very close to buying a Reaper until I realized it was 14 inches long without claws (Thank the Force that page had the specs!).  Gorgeous hilt, but just too big for me.  There seem to be a lot of excessively long saber hilts; I realize that's (obviously) not a problem for some folks.  I personally want something a little less massive, but it's hard to tell the shorter sabers from the ginormous ones without the stats on each page (especially the older models).

As far as wishful thinking, I would LOVE a shorter, non-anodized version of the Reaper, without claws.  A light side version... dare I say... "The Sower"?  Yeah, I know, sucky name, but appropriate!  But it could totally catch on...  (like I said.  Wishful thinking!) 

There was a member of the forum that undertook this task and posted a very impressive spreadsheet with a great deal of information.  I believe his name was SkyDragon. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #1765 on: August 14, 2013, 03:06:22 AM »

As with all of the suggestions I make on this topic they tend to be superfluously long.  So for the TL;DR version, basically I would like a Referral Program to be implemented.

This may seem like a bit of a stretch and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely wrong on so many levels, but I would like to see a possible "Referral Program".

Basically, I've gotten more than 10 people to buy from Ultrasabers in the last year, be it at conventions, Renaissance Faires, off the street, at my Saber Class, etc., and nearly every single person tells me that I should be a "promoter" or "advertiser" for Ultrasabers as I do such a good job in explaining the features Ultrasabers have to offer.  Smiley

Now, I'm not trying to boast or anything but that's just what everyone else tells me.  I certainly appreciate the kind words and comments and while I certainly have improved my explanation of Ultrasabers and public speaking, I am by no means absolutely amazing.  Grin

So then I started to think, what if there was a new program where if a person who buys an Ultrasaber mentions in their review, be it through text or the video or in the comments at the checkout, the person who showed them and got them interested in Ultrasabers, resulting in a sort of "referral" or "minor discount" for the people who got others to buy from Ultrasabers?

I feel like this would greatly encourage the people who already own Ultrasabers to go out and really promote the company's products, which I do already regardless of any such program, ultimately resulting in the increase of sales and fans, hobbyists, and collectors alike.  Aside from conventions, Facebook, youtube videos and reviews, and the occasional internet advertisement, I'm not really sure how else Ultrasabers promotes their products other than "word of mouth", but especially to people who may have been unaware of there being a custom saber scene on the market such as Ultrasabers, TCSS, or the other guys.
I know I was greatly unaware of Ultrasabers until I pretty much searched for "Custom Lightsaber" during the Fall of 2011.  I suppose that's one way of doing it, but it seems a bit chaotic and random to me.  Undecided

Anyway, all I trying to say is that maybe there could be a "minor discount" of say anywhere from 1-20 reward points depending on how many people a promoter gets to buy from Ultrasabers.

It's just a thought but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely wrong on so many levels as Ultrasabers already gives us so many great opportunities to buy their products through the use of sales and raffles.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

AllKpr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1766 on: August 19, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »

I would love the opportunity to have the dozer of yellow color. In the comics Star Wars Jedi lightsabers possess often appear yellow.

SaberFan22
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #1767 on: August 20, 2013, 04:18:20 AM »

Sorry if this has already been suggested but obviously I haven't read all 118 pages Wink

Anyway how about a saber which has a second switch for sound, so you can have it on silently, or you can have it on with sound? Tongue

Shock LE in Violet Amethyst
Dark War Glaive in Pyrestone Orange

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1768 on: August 20, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »

I would love the opportunity to have the dozer of yellow color. In the comics Star Wars Jedi lightsabers possess often appear yellow.

You can certainly have yellow - you just need to ask for it specifically, and it's an extra $5 on top of the 'premium' colours like Adegan Silver or Sunrider's Destiny. More info at http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #1769 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »

Sorry if this has already been suggested but obviously I haven't read all 118 pages Wink

Anyway how about a saber which has a second switch for sound, so you can have it on silently, or you can have it on with sound? Tongue
I like it

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: