Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489433 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1860 on: September 28, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »

hey, i totally agree with the yellow blade thing. by the way, do you think you could make a cheaper saber with sound with RGB? i really want a saber with sound, and i really want a RGB saber, but my budget is very limited. thanks!

Purchase an Adegan Silver saber and get some of Lee Filter's enthusiasts on here to tell you how to get your own set.  Then you'll be able to make a huge variety of colors more than an RGB offers and on a great budget as well.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #1861 on: October 02, 2013, 05:47:13 AM »

Smaller sound boards for the v2s

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1862 on: October 02, 2013, 01:58:43 PM »

Smaller sound boards for the v2s

In addition to this, sound boards that will allow for color changes between two primary colors.  I recently saw a video of a guy that has this technology and the color change is controlled by a 2nd momentary switch.  It would be great for people wanting to change between Jedi and Sith like Darth Vader before the mask and for Corran Horn fans so they can go from Adegan Silver to Violet Amethyst.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1863 on: October 02, 2013, 02:52:24 PM »

In addition to this, sound boards that will allow for color changes between two primary colors.  I recently saw a video of a guy that has this technology and the color change is controlled by a 2nd momentary switch.  It would be great for people wanting to change between Jedi and Sith like Darth Vader before the mask and for Corran Horn fans so they can go from Adegan Silver to Violet Amethyst.

Another company is actually doing this now, so it's not that uncommon anymore.

no

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1864 on: October 02, 2013, 04:53:45 PM »

Actually there are two

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Ermenher
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #1865 on: October 02, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »

A 5' long blade would be a great addition to the blade choices. With a 5' blade we could make Lightsabers that could brake open blocks and outreach shorter sabers without our arms or saber hilt being struck with ease.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1866 on: October 02, 2013, 09:33:42 PM »

A 5' long blade would be a great addition to the blade choices. With a 5' blade we could make Lightsabers that could brake open blocks and outreach shorter sabers without our arms or saber hilt being struck with ease.

At that length, you have to worry about the light dimming towards the end of the blade and over-flexibility, which could lead to all sorts of structural and safety issues.

no

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1867 on: October 02, 2013, 09:34:30 PM »

I don't know if US would custom cut a blade that long, but you could e-mail them and find out.  Considering the cost of a new 40" blade I expect a 60" would be fairly pricey.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1868 on: October 02, 2013, 10:34:30 PM »

Five feet does seem a bit much.  Wanting a lightsaber claymore eh?  I know on actual sabers some did have a knob or button to let them extend to a double length.  Sadly when working with a poly-carbonate blade, it involves more weight and integrity.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Mr.0PT1C
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Guardian from the Corellian Jedi Order

« Reply #1869 on: October 02, 2013, 11:28:06 PM »

If you wanted a blade just to stay out of harms way you would deffinately need to practice, your swings would be slower than your counter parts. My group just does torso strikes (sometimes head). hands and wrists happen way to often to have a duel stay competitive.

but to each group thier own.

Phantasm Saber Staff - GB
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[]|||[ ]||||||||||]:[||||||||||[ ]|||[]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't tell me the odds.

Rogu3Wo1f
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #1870 on: October 03, 2013, 02:25:38 AM »

A 5' long blade wielder would be outmatched by an opponent with a smaller blade length, particularly so if that opponent was skilled. Bigger is not better, nor is sheer number of blades. Remember Grievous.

Why is the fear of being afraid acceptable by the Jedi Order?

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #1871 on: October 03, 2013, 03:33:18 AM »

A 5' long blade wielder would be outmatched by an opponent with a smaller blade length, particularly so if that opponent was skilled. Bigger is not better, nor is sheer number of blades. Remember Grievous.
This is true a weapon is only as good as its wielder and a 5' blade would snap back the 36" does this enough

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1872 on: October 03, 2013, 06:32:29 AM »

Shock emitter, body, and Guardian pommel maybe? I would like to see a medium sized saber that could go both ways though like the Shock series. The Shock seems like a small saber for a way small person or something. At least that's how I feel about the saber.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1873 on: October 05, 2013, 05:13:09 AM »

Saber stands. I want one for my Bellicose for I want it to be a display saber from now on. The batteries are dead from moving and such but that's fine with me. I know this was announced awhile back but never saw anything more about the stands. Maybe get some different color options too or clear types for lights. That would be cool.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Ermenher
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #1874 on: October 07, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »

Reply to comments replying to 5' blade request.
First I know the skill of the swordsman is more important than the weapon, but the weapon does make a difference.
A 5' bladed saber would not be used in the same manner as a normal 36" bladed saber. If a 5' bladed light saber is used in the right manner it has great advantages over a shorter saber: stabbing can be done more efficiently with blocks, more swings can be preformed before the opponent can attack, strikes and blocks have greater power, ect. A 5' long blade would also be used with a longer hilt, 18" to 24", to provide more leverage for strikes and blocks.
A saber of the size one of these would be would be used similar to a Zweihander, or a long rapier, or a mix of how one would use those two swords.
The saber would have its advantages and disadvantages to normal sabers, but if one uses specific styles it can be great. That is why I asked for it.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: